Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divinity:Original Sin 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

i just ploughed on after.. but im definitely killing that bastard before i leave the island..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What difficulty are ye playing on?

bigphil2 wrote: »
    i just ploughed on after.. but im definitely killing that bastard before i leave the island..

Where did that happen? I only noticed now that the cat hasn't been following me for some time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Are you missing anything by not playing the first? Is the first still worth a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Classic.

Tactician for the second play through. Honour mode (or whatever it's called) absolutely never.

Thargor wrote: »
    Are you missing anything by not playing the first? Is the first still worth a go?

You're missing an absolutely excellent game. But it's not required to understand this one, the stories aren't a continuation, etc. But it is definitely worth playing the first one if you have the time. It's really really good. Just the second happens to be really really really good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Classic.

Tactician for the second play through. Honour mode (or whatever it's called) absolutely never.

You're missing an absolutely excellent game. But it's not required to understand this one, the stories aren't a continuation, etc. But it is definitely worth playing the first one if you have the time. It's really really good. Just the second happens to be really really really good.

Is explorer below classic?

Is explorer below classic?

Yeah that's the easiest mode.

Classic..

Thargor wrote: »

The first one is well worth a go,its great but they really have upped the ante with the sequel..

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭BeerFarts

Jesus is it just me or is classic slightly overtuned? I'm well used to the first game and no stranger to difficult fights but the introduction of magic and physical armour making CC near impossible and being damn well near one shotted in a lot of fights is making it very difficult.

• Advertisement

BeerFarts wrote: »
    Jesus is it just me or is classic slightly overtuned? I'm well used to the first game and no stranger to difficult fights but the introduction of magic and physical armour making CC near impossible and being damn well near one shotted in a lot of fights is making it very difficult.

What's CC?

I avoid any difficult fights and come back later. Wait till you get to fight at the end of the Island :eek:

What's CC?

I avoid any difficult fights and come back later. Wait till you get to fight at the end of the Island :eek:

Crowd control. Freezing/shocking/knocking down/pinning/etc your enemies. It gets blocked by the different type of armour so if your enemy has high physical and magical armour can be difficult.

Crowd control. Freezing/shocking/knocking down/pinning/etc your enemies. It gets blocked by the different type of armour so if your enemy has high physical and magical armour can be difficult.

Having to fight through magic or physical armour first makes controlling them difficult. I'm gonna go back and finish a few things to get more geared. Right now I'm getting stomped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Fort joy was great finally past it now, that took me way to long i kept restarting and changing my class, settled on a summoner it's very good especially your summon i have summoning at 10 and the thing is huge now great class. Only problem i had was when i went to complete the tyrant set i realized i sold the leg part by accident some where along the way bleh..

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Fort joy was great finally past it now, that took me way to long i kept restarting and changing my class, settled on a summoner it's very good especially your summon i have summoning at 10 and the thing is huge now great class. Only problem i had was when i went to complete the tyrant set i realized i sold the leg part by accident some where along the way bleh..

Are you playing on classic?

Yea what ever the Default option was still fairly hard now i must say have to reload a fair bit. resurrection scrolls drain my gold :(:(

Yea what ever the Default option was still fairly hard now i must say have to reload a fair bit. resurrection scrolls drain my gold :(:(

No shame in going down too explorer :pac:

Anyone know easy explorer is ? does it take away the challenge altogether?

No shame in going down too explorer :pac:

Anyone know easy explorer is ? does it take away the challenge altogether?

I dropped to explorer for one fight where I was stuck. The autosave was at the start of the fight and my previous save was an hour back. Basically you have double health and take half as much as damage. Fights are a formality. You can change in the options at any time.

i enjoy a challenge just not a frustrating one :p classic is grand, only fight i had trouble with was the
    boat leaving fortjoy, took a few goes before i realized i was meant to use those harpoon turret things

When i found some thing to hard i just wandered around doing other stuff and came back to it, really enjoying it so far, dare i say it has topped my love of fallout 2 *he gasps*. Ow and by the way if you havent done it already find a bed roll put it on your hot bar, out of combat click it to heal your party up.

i enjoy a challenge just not a frustrating one :p classic is grand, only fight i had trouble with was the
    boat leaving fortjoy, took a few goes before i realized i was meant to use those harpoon turret things

When i found some thing to hard i just wandered around doing other stuff and came back to it, really enjoying it so far, dare i say it has topped my love of fallout 2 *he gasps*. Ow and by the way if you havent done it already find a bed roll put it on your hot bar, out of combat click it to heal your party up.

What are the
    harpoon turret things?

• Advertisement

Anybody know what to do with the tower with lightning in it at the north of the island?

You can teleport into it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I'm currently in a 4 player game.

I stole earlier only I got caught ... ish. Eventually. By an old friend of mine who had no problem sending me to jail. I failed the speech check, failed the bribe, got stuck in jail. I was resigned to sitting out my time until the lads could come help me out, but I found a lockpick, picked the door, left, crafted another lockpick, picked another door, retrieved my stash and escaped after convincing a fire slug to not attack me, to rejoin my teammates.

A small experience in terms of the whole game, but so early on it shows the flexibility of the game. Top notch entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

On a less savoury note, I'm playing the dickhead in that particular 4 player game ... completely contrary to the good guy way I normally play RPGs.

Within the space of 3 minutes and 50 in-game yards... I talked to, then antagonised, then fought, then killed a blinded young magister (whose father was having a birthday the week after and he was invited) ... then found a bear corpse ... found the cub of the bear corpse, told that cub that his mother was still alIve (she wasn't) ... laughed at the happy hopeful head on him running off calling for his mummy ... followed him to her corpse and then (in front of the cub) turned the bear mother's corpse into a necromantic bloated re-animation.

I am not proud of myself.

unknown.png?width=1202&height=677

On a less savoury note, I'm playing the dickhead in that particular 4 player game ... completely contrary to the good guy way I normally play RPGs.

Within the space of 3 minutes and 50 in-game yards... I talked to, then antagonised, then fought, then killed a blinded young magister (whose father was having a birthday the week after and he was invited) ... then found a bear corpse ... found the cub of the bear corpse, told that cub that his mother was still alIve (she wasn't) ... laughed at the happy hopeful head on him running off calling for his mummy ... followed him to her corpse and then (in front of the cub) turned the bear mother's corpse into a necromantic bloated re-animation.

You Sir..are a Monster.

I fecked up a dialogue choice with a particular Source Hound and ended up frying her (then lied to her Mate and said she was fine and happy,i did give him a red ball to play with though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Loving this so far, but fighting Fort Joy pretty damn difficult on classic with Fane. Can't help but think I haven't got a good party layout.

I have Knight (undead), Rogue, Cleric, and Conjurer. Is that a bit crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

+1 for making me laugh out loud :D

Dam i did some thing really bad that took away my pet pal perk haha... i miss pet pal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

anyone else find it hilarious that every so often Fort Joy gets referred to as "The Joy"?

I'm easily amused but that's had me in stitches :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭ Mason Kind Perfume

What do you think about making a thread about your day to day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Classic.

I've started on tactician mode. I'm kinda regretting it. I've played through the likes of Baldurs Gate and IWD on hard mode with gimped parties (3 and 4 man jobs)

This is daunting. I've just gotten to fort joy, I've attempted the arena and I get spanked on every attempt. That said, I've not got any gear and should probably forage some decent armor and XP before giving it a proper go.

I'll do that later and if I'm still struggling then I'll drop it to classic mode. That will feel like an early defeat though.

Advertisement