Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Transferred files onto "Google Drive" on my computer but they don`t appear online?

Options
  • 21-09-2017 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

I have transferred files from my Hardrive onto my Google Drive folder within "My Computer" on my laptop which seems to have been successful but when I look at my Google Drive Account through my web browser, the files are not there.

Any idea why?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭TheChizler

If you hover over the Google drive symbol in the task bar does it say it's signed in and syncing?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

mmmmmmm.... It does not. Nothing appears when I hover over. Any idea of the solution?

Sounds like the folder exists but the program isn't running. Search the PC for Google Drive or Google Backup and Sync which it's been rebranded as recently so you can start it and sign in.

indeed...I have this "Backup and Sync" installed on the laptop... When i open it though I get a notification that "Backup and Sync is already running".....Which clearly it isint....??

It could be but syncing the wrong folder. If you can find the properties for it you can choose which folders to sync.

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2374987?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&oco=0

• Advertisement

Apologies now to have to ask such a straight forward question but the instructions form the website are extremely vague.....

""Choose what to sync to Google Drive
    You can sync some or all your files and folders on your computer to Google Drive.

On your computer, click Backup and Sync.
    Click More More and then Preferences.
    At the right, click the folders you want to sync.
    To add a folder not on the list, click Choose folder.
    Add the folder you want to sync.
    Click OK.""

Where can i find the "backup and Sync" file/folder?? I`ve checked the setting menu, and the file explorer but no sign of it...??

Did you right click on the icon in the task bar and go to settings from there? Was there no section on housing folders?

I have tried both right and left clicking the icon in the taskbar at the top of the file explorer within the section "Googe Drive".

Neither make any folders appear!!

That being said there is a list of sub-folders available within the "google drive" folder on file explorer...but i don`t think that helps the situation??

Can you try doing what they do in this video?

My apologies... I see now by right clicking the "Backup and Sync" folder within the main windows taskbar that I do indeed get an option named "more" but unfortunately by clicking on that, it does not lead me to any option named "preferences"...."Preferences" just isint an option.

Only options available are:
    Pin to taskbar,
    Run as admin
    Open file location
    Remove from list
    Clear list

• Advertisement

It should be in the tray on the right hand side of the task bar. Is yours not like in the video?

All sorted now, thanks for your help.

No idea why, but when I removed the software from the laptop and reinstalled, everything worked as it should.

Advertisement