Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to wear for an interview at a chippers?

Options
  • 21-09-2017 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I have an interview tonight at the local chippers, and I am in a pickle, the only outfit options I have to wear are:

black corporate dress (I would be VERY over dressed in this)
    Dark Jeans, with a smart top, black blazer and black ballet flats
    A black and white stripe skater dress with blazer and stockings

I know jeans are a big no-no to interviews, but I feel that I look business-smart-casual in the outfit, I definitely do not look daggy or like I don't care. Anyway - your opinions are appreciated :)

Than-you in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 caitlin81293

Unfortunately, dunnes isn't an option for me.

I will take your advice and wear the corporate dress.

I understand of course any interview is to be taken seriously, I just have never interviewed for anything other than office jobs.

Thank-you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Outfit b sounds smart enough but not too smart if it was blue jeans id be like no but black jeans abd a blazer sounds smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Go casual and Wear the jeans. Just make sure everything is clean and tidy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭SJ.

My opinion - wear the jeans - a corporate dress is overkill and they may think you won't fit in there.

What do staff there wear in work or out of work?

Best of luck and don't worry too much about what you're wearing - a job like that is all about getting along with the other staff, so try to be comfortable in yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,232 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Chipper. Singular. Get that right or you haven't a hope of a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I think the dark jeans and blazer will be fine as would the skater dress. To be fair you could wear the suit too, but what if they ask if you can do a trial there and then?

Advertisement