Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel recommendations during 12 days of Christmas

Options
  • 31-08-2017 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions of hotels that are really Christmassy not too far from Dublin as I am cooking dinner this year again and I have approx 10 days off I was thinking of going to a hotel for a few days after Christmas before the New Year myself and himself his folks also and bringing my mother along too. My mam is not in the best of health on oxygen 20 hours a day so something well equipped, good food, nice atmosphere etc etc

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

SarahLil wrote: »
    Any suggestions of hotels that are really Christmassy not too far from Dublin as I am cooking dinner this year again and I have approx 10 days off I was thinking of going to a hotel for a few days after Christmas before the New Year myself and himself his folks also and bringing my mother along too. My mam is not in the best of health on oxygen 20 hours a day so something well equipped, good food, nice atmosphere etc etc

Thanks

I'm thinking of doing something similar myself this year. I might venture to Kilkenny, The Lyrath is lovely there but very expensive, but nice for a treat. Johnstown House isn't too far from Dublin and a nice place and not too expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Thanks Loughc lots of choice in Kilkenny I must have a look I have approx 10 days off over the season I thought it be nice for us to head off for a few days best of both worlds at home for Christmas but having a mini break too were no one is responsible for the cooking or washing up

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thanks Loughc lots of choice in Kilkenny I must have a look I have approx 10 days off over the season I thought it be nice for us to head off for a few days best of both worlds at home for Christmas but having a mini break too were no one is responsible for the cooking or washing up

That is also my exact reasoning to do the same thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,123 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Clontarf castle? They do christmas dinner event also... not cheap!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Spent a few days and nights in the Shelbourne last Christmas, checked out Christmas eve. It was wonderful. Big brekky, have meet pals in town. Do some shopping and drop the bags off and meet more pals for drinks. Rinse repeat.

It was defo a once of thing, unless the euromillions happens, but lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Thanks LoughC and everyone else for recommendations decided on Johnstown Estate it's not far from Dublin and seems to have everything we want under one roof for the few days
    My mother will be coming with us and his parents too, as my mother does be very ill Christmas is down to us and my other halfs mother looks after her family too for Christmas so we are looking forward to getting away during it having a nice break it will be so nice getting everything handed to us

Thanks LoughC and everyone else for recommendations decided on Johnstown Estate it's not far from Dublin and seems to have everything we want under one roof for the few days
    My mother will be coming with us and his parents too, as my mother does be very ill Christmas is down to us and my other halfs mother looks after her family too for Christmas so we are looking forward to getting away during it having a nice break it will be so nice getting everything handed to us

Johnstown Estate is a lovely spot. It'll be a lovely break for you. :)

Advertisement