Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 team draft pay league - €50

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Green&Red wrote: »
    Walker-Peters
    Fosu-Mensah
    Britos
    Atsu
    Okaka

Changes for this week

I had Britos ready to pull, was gone when I came back, guessing you had him transacted before now and it kicked in at 12:30, what position are you in the league?

edit, you're ahead of me, I would have got him if I transacted, damn.
    Was surprised I got my three first choice defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Coming last at the end of August could be a big advantage. Imagine if City bought someone like Messi!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Fairly similar scoring this week, only one team > 50 (just)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Fairly similar scoring this week, only one team > 50 (just)

That's me - narrowly top the worst place to as the window closes.

Risked Coutinho too and latest seems to be he is going to go so losing one of my top picks.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Coming last at the end of August could be a big advantage. Imagine if City bought someone like Messi!

Looks like the like of Sanches isn't there yet

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote:
    Looks like the like of Sanches isn't there yet
    I won't be picking him anyway. I think Aurier will be my first pick.

Brought in Welbeck and Gross, hoping Hazard doesn't come on now to get Gross in

Danilo on my bench with 6 ffs, I didnt deserve 2 Sane goals thou, so I'll take it

Brought in Welbeck and Gross, hoping Hazard doesn't come on now to get Gross in

Gross 2nd

He'll stay on my bench unfortunately

• Advertisement

My draft team has more points than my real fantasy team...... 197 vs 190

Going with a back 5 this week and doubling up with Liverpool and Newcastle defence - nervous weekend ahead!

Lloris
    Clarke-Lascelles-TAA-Klavan-Jones
    Alli-Hazard-Winjaldum-Ramsey
    Joselu

Going with a back 5 this week and doubling up with Liverpool and Newcastle defence - nervous weekend ahead!

Lloris
    Clarke-Lascelles-TAA-Klavan-Jones
    Alli-Hazard-Winjaldum-Ramsey
    Joselu

Fúck me. You're sitting 12 points off the top and Hazard hasn't played yet. Daunting for the rest of us.

Must say I'm really enjoying the draft, I've 9 lads I'll happily rotate. It'll probably mean five at the back a lot of weeks cause the lower strikers are ****e unless you get lucky with the likes of Welbeck, Giroud, Sturridge

Yep.

Now that I have Bellerin, Mustafi, Valencia, Bavies and Davison Sanchez I'll be playing 5-2-3 or 5-3-2 ever week.

Most of us have 3-4?dross players in midfield and up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

I've found it very frustrating so far...my tactic was to stick with my non-starters (B. Silva, Zaha, Iheanacho) with the view that they will prove their worth later in the season (hopefully not too much later).

But I'm losing ground each week, so may have to do a major twist if things don't improve!

Ozil....my no 1 MF pick hasn't got so much as an assist yet either!

Tis a funny ole game,

I've been rescued a few times now by Sane and/or Martial both don't have a regular spot in their teams.

Martial 26 points in 120 mins
    Sane 18 points in 140 mins

Tight league as predicted

Tight league as predicted

Apart from me :-(
    100 points behind already! I'm fairly confident I can start clawing that back once Sanchez and Mané start playing football again though!

I'm drafting in Calvert-Lewin this week so enjoy your 100 point lead while it lasts lads!

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm drafting in Calvert-Lewin this week so enjoy your 100 point lead while it lasts lads!

Damn, I had him waiver requested to swap out Austin, it sucks being up top!

• Advertisement

I had him as my 2nd waiver cos Gross was my first. It must put through all my waivers in 1 go which is very unfair.

Edit - I also had monreal and I missed out on him so I'm wrong. Maybe I had Calvert Lewis first.

I had 3 successful transactions,

Fabianski in for Begovic, Swansea got some nice fixtures coming up

Baines in for Danilo, again Everton have killer fixtures in the next 8

Batshuayi in for Austin, this one is punty as I already have Morata, but at least I'll be covered if he gets dropped or rotated!

It's gonna get exciting when matey who is propping up the league has Mane and Sanchez hunting us down.

Top three look to be pulling away. I need Hazard to start producing

Not sure whether I'm happy or sad that my draft team is neck and neck with my fantasy team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Top three look to be pulling away. I need Hazard to start producing

Its funny I don't think the table really matters at this stage because we're so wed to the fortunes of our big hitters that will most likely never be on the waiver market. Yes it is hard to actively chase teams above like you can on the original game because you can only really change 5th choice defenders/midfielders and maybe the third striker but in another way its easy to make up 50-100 points because the big hitters in our teams can do that in a week or two.

I know what you mean but think the gap is starting to get too big for me now. A third red card of the season and 2 more injuries this week! I think I'll be sacked before Bilic at this rate!

All in on West Ham this weekend, three of them at the back and Chic up front. Come on the hammers

All in on West Ham this weekend, three of them at the back and Chic up front. Come on the hammers

Clement talked about starting 2 up top now so interesting to see if that pays off for you.

• Advertisement

I was wondering who the weirdo was signing all the west ham defence! :pac:
    I tried to get Cresswell and Fonte but now have to settle for Old man Zab.

Advertisement