Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society - Killarney 16th Sep 12.00 (Captains Prize)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Layover on the way back is just 5 mins, last train too... I think I am going to miss this one...

Will keep thinking about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Seve OB wrote: »
    Ooops

Lucky you don't work with numbers for a living ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Lads, for those driving down from Dublin, what time are you thinking of leaving at? Maps says it's 3.5 hrs drive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I'm off on the Friday, so looking at a B&B halfway down so I've only an hour or so to cover the following morning.

Not 100% to go for a spot in Adare, or for Mitchellstown/Mallow?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

I'm most likely going to be travelling from Limerick on the Saturday morning. I'll be going relatively early but I could collect someone from Limerick Junction if they wanted to get the train down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

And lads if yis don't fancy lugging clubs on the train I'd be happy to bring them down for you.

Am most likely going to head on the Friday once I can sneak out of work, but not sure what time so it will be last minute

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭a post punk

I was talking to kiers the other night he may be staying aswell seve, I'll shoot him a text.

Unfortunately I am not going to risk it, enjoy it there

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭a post punk

I'm off on the Friday, so looking at a B&B halfway down so I've only an hour or so to cover the following morning.

Not 100% to go for a spot in Adare, or for Mitchellstown/Mallow?
    Mallow would be alot closer and better accommodation than mitchelstown (from a mitchelstown man ) but if you want to stay in mitchelstown look up the firgrove hotel or the clongibbon hotel in the town.

Mallow would be alot closer and better accommodation than mitchelstown (from a mitchelstown man ) but if you want to stay in mitchelstown look up the firgrove hotel or the clongibbon hotel in the town.

Cheers, I'll take a look & see if there is something Mallow direction. Thanks for that. See you next week

• Advertisement

Early weather forecast
    looks like we might get between the drops but I would expect that to change between now and then

https://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Munster/Killarney/long.html

36961796281_db0dd38269_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Break80

I can collect anyone from mallow or Cork on the way if they want to go by train. I am travelling back to Cork that day so I can drop back as well. Plenty of room for clubs and bags. drop me a PM if anyone is stuck.

Where are we staying in killarney Seve?

Where are we staying in killarney Seve?

Hotel Killarney I think it was

Break80 wrote: »
    I can collect anyone from mallow or Cork on the way if they want to go by train. I am travelling back to Cork that day so I can drop back as well. Plenty of room for clubs and bags. drop me a PM if anyone is stuck.

Thanks a million, I have made other plans as I think it was too risky.

Lads I'm gonna ditch those two extra rooms later on so speak up if you need em

Who's goin down Friday?

See there is an open on in Dromoland for €35 on Friday, never played it but it looks class.

Not sure I will get out of work though early enough to get down and play it

The provisional timesheet is below. Hope it works for everyone but if there's a problem let me know asap. Thanks.

Time | Player 1 | Player 2 | Player 3
    12.00 | Golfgraffix | ssbob |
    12.08 | spacecoyote | benny79 | a post punk |
    12.16 | doublecross | charlieIRL | ThecHamp26 |
    12.24 | Brian Rossiter | Break80 | BigChap1759 |
    12.32 |tigerwood1 | SeveOB | Roadrunner |
    12.40 | Macker1 | Alanm | ballyk

Just looking at the website for the course, it looks like Lackabane is still in operation, I thought that shut down :confused:

Lads I'm gonna ditch those two extra rooms later on so speak up if you need em

Spare rooms cancelled so we have

Seve, Roadrunner, Ballyk, Big Chap, A Post Punk, Spacecoyote.

Macker & The Champ also staying

• Advertisement

I believe Tiger is also staying over. He has his own room booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Who's goin down Friday?

See there is an open on in Dromoland for €35 on Friday, never played it but it looks class.

Not sure I will get out of work though early enough to get down and play it

If you're playing Dromoland let me know. I'd take a half day from work. Love that course.

If you're playing Dromoland let me know. I'd take a half day from work. Love that course.

ok, will look later in the week re work etc

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

ballyk wrote: »
    The provisional timesheet is below. Hope it works for everyone but if there's a problem let me know asap. Thanks.

Time | Player 1 | Player 2 | Player 3
    12.00 | Golfgraffix | ssbob |
    12.08 | spacecoyote | benny79 | a post punk |
    12.16 | doublecross | charlieIRL | ThecHamp26 |
    12.24 | Brian Rossiter | Break80 | BigChap1759 |
    12.32 |tigerwood1 | SeveOB | Roadrunner |
    12.40 | Macker1 | Alanm | ballyk

Cheers, never played a round with either of the lads yet.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Cheers, never played a round with either of the lads yet.

yea actually surprised myself looking at the list there when you said that, i think there could be 8 or 9 lads there I've never played with, kind of mad considering we've been going a good few years now! It's been a while since I played a game with Tiger, hopefully he has been to a Golf Digest event recently and has the bag stocked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

It's been a while since I played a game with Tiger

If he brings up the topic of side bet between the three of us while he standing on the first tee then he's on form and you might not want to take that bet ;)

I think my two playing partners have won a board captains days in previous years. Sure there's a ban against follow up wins?

RoadRunner wrote: »
    If he brings up the topic of side bet between the three of us while he standing on the first tee then he's on form and you might not want to take that bet ;)

I think my two playing partners have won a board captains days in previous years. Sure there's a ban against follow up wins?

i think just the pair of us along with el captain are the only past winners in the field. good chance for a new name on the trophy.

but i'd rather it be me again :)....think if i managed that, i would also get my name on the GOTY trophy for a second time also.

big ask though, not on top form. I'm as sick as Tiger was last year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tigerwood1

It would be a shame to move it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭benny79

Seve are all the rooms gone? only back from my holidays 33 hrs spent on a boat because of the storms and for 12 of them I was sea sick! Brian was meant to organise something with tiger but he was to busy in work. were going to head sat morning and stay sat nite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tigerwood1

i think just the pair of us along with el captain are the only past winners in the field. good chance for a new name on the trophy.

but i'd rather it be me again :)....think if i managed that, i would also get my name on the GOTY trophy for a second time also.

big ask though, not on top form. I'm as sick as Tiger was last year ;)

I should be drug free this year but trying hard to rekindle some form:)

Advertisement