Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking multiple beds in a hostel

Options
  • 11-09-2017 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi there, just a quick question, I am looking to book 4 beds in a hostel for a group of us heading off on holiday, but just getting a little confused with the hostel lingo.

I was looking at the option for a "Single Bed in 4-bed Mixed Dormitory" and booking 4 people for that, but I am wondering if that just means 4 beds booked out of any of the dormitories (i.e. 1 in Dorm A, 2 in Dorm B, and 1 in Dorm C for example), or would it likely be all 4 beds within the one dorm?

I know I can call the place and see if this is how it can be done, but just wondering if anyone has this experience and what I can expect if I was to go with this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Call them and book the room. Otherwise they might put you in separate rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Barti

Thanks, I'll do that.
    Was just wondering if it is expected to be different rooms or all in one, or if it is really just a free-for-all/pot-luck situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Generally a free for all but if you rock up early as a group and ask them they'll generally swap people around to accommodate you. Agree with the above that calling is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Barti

Cheers, I've contacted them via email and I'll see what they say. It'd be the first time going for a hostel for a holiday out of the country, so just want to be sure it goes ok.

Advertisement