Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

There is and he won't make it . He still has an outside chance of 125 but he will need about 5 players to play poor over the weekend and drop down. Geoff Ogilvy. Sam Saunders. Varner and Ryan armour. Johnson Wagner.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There is and he won't make it . He still has an outside chance of 125 but he will need about 5 players to play poor over the weekend and drop down. Geoff Ogilvy. Sam Saunders. Varner and Ryan armour. Johnson Wagner.

+1 the leaders are teeing off just now (7 p.m. Irish) and Power is projected to finish 128 in the FedEx rankings. He needs these three guys to drop down the leaderboard which is asking a lot. Geoff Ogilvy (125 last week) made the cut and was ahead of Power at the start so Power can't overtake him.

They are currently ...

T5. Wagner (117 projected, started the Wyndham at 141)
    T7. Varner III (118, 138)
    T10. Flores (125,139)

Sabbatini is another . Flores and Wagner not many holes left . Need both of them to drop shots . Not looking good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Shane is another who could go by him with a good round

Sabbatini is another . Flores and Wagner not many holes left . Need both of them to drop shots . Not looking good

+1 Sabbatini is (101,148), virtually guaranteed his tour card as he is T2 on the leaderboard.

For guidance, Saunders is currently T34 and projected to stand still - 131,131.

Which means that Ogilvy (started at 125) is virtually guaranteed his card because he's currently four shots ahead of Saunders so at worst will hold his position.

• Advertisement

AGC wrote: »
    Shane is another who could go by him with a good round

+1 Shane's forecasted position has just gone to 124 and Power is at 130.

coylemj wrote:
    +1 Shane's forecasted position has just gone to 124 and Power is at 130.

Lowry has full playing rights anyway next year so he is ok. Be good to see him win the tournament though

Lowry has full playing rights anyway next year so he is ok. Be good to see him win the tournament though

+1 Lowry and McDowell are ok for 2018 and Harrington they say will get a few medical exemptions. Would like to see Power survive but it's not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭golfer79

coylemj wrote: »
    +1 Lowry and McDowell are ok for 2018 and Harrington they say will get a few medical exemptions. Would like to see Power survive but it's not looking good.

How is McDowell ok for 2018 out of curiosity? Is it career earnings or such? And I'm guessing Lowry's WGC gets him a few years even if outside the 125?

golfer79 wrote:
    How is McDowell ok for 2018 out of curiosity? Is it career earnings or such? And I'm guessing Lowry's WGC gets him a few years even if outside the 125?

Lowry got 4 or 5 years for that one. Didn't McDowell won the mayakoba In late 15 which gets him exempt through to next season. Harrington has 9 events to make about 270 FedEx points next season. Seamus will get another shot now in the web.com tour finals. 150 players going for 25 tour cards

• Advertisement

Lowry got 4 or 5 years for that one. Didn't McDowell won the mayakoba In late 15 which gets him exempt through to next season. Harrington has 9 events to make about 270 FedEx points next season. Seamus will get another shot now in the web.com tour finals. 150 players going for 25 tour cards

McDowell last won in November 2015. Maybe he does get three years for that. Seems extreme mind. European tour wins get two years or one year for run of the mill events, depending on prize fund.

golfer79 wrote:
    McDowell last won in November 2015. Maybe he does get three years for that. Seems extreme mind. European tour wins get two years or one year for run of the mill events, depending on prize fund.

I think on the pga tour you get the season you win in plus the next 2 so McDowell got 15-16. 16-17 and 17-18

I think on the pga tour you get the season you win in plus the next 2 so McDowell got 15-16. 16-17 and 17-18

Ok. Makes sense. Thanks.

JJ Henry birded the 16th and 18th, is now predicted to be 126th which has pushed Power to 131, Lowry 130.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭ronjo

Shame about Seamus over the weekend.
    Even if he doesnt make it through the Web.Com Playoffs he should still expect up to 15 starts next year based on his finsh this year.

Hopefully he will get a few events on the wraparound as the top players will be taking time off after the playoffs

It obviously makes the season a lot harded to plan though but he can be proud of the way he performed this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭paulos53

The first of the 4 Web.com tour finals events started yesterday. Seamus had a steady -1 in the first round for T25th

The top 25 from the Web.com tour already have their cards and there are another 25 on offer in the finals. Assuming nobody is skipping this week and returning for the next 3 events, that leaves 108 players fighting it out for those 25 PGA Tour cards.

EDIT: That 108 number might actually be lower as the leaderboard shows a few players not gaining any points in the projected standings. Maybe they already have their card for next season?

A final round of -4 jumps him up to T14th at the moment and T10th in the points table for the 25 cards.
    Will probably drop a couple of spots before it is over but off to a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Finished up tied 13th for the tournement and tied 9th for the 25 places

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭abff

Finished up tied 13th for the tournement and tied 9th for the 25 places

Where is the points listing shown? I logged onto the pgatour website and went into the web.com section, but couldn't see it anywhere.

abff wrote: »
    Where is the points listing shown? I logged onto the pgatour website and went into the web.com section, but couldn't see it anywhere.

Actually, I think I've got it figured. Last weekend was the first of 4 final events and cumulative earnings from those 4 events will determine who gets the remaining 25 cards in addition to the top 25 overall. Is that correct?

• Advertisement

Actually, I think I've got it figured. Last weekend was the first of 4 final events and cumulative earnings from those 4 events will determine who gets the remaining 25 cards in addition to the top 25 overall. Is that correct?

Correct.

Here are the current standings http://www.pgatour.com/webcom/live-projected-standings/finals-25.html

And I think they then alternate the rankings so that the top 25 from the finals will be ranked 2,4,6 etc etc. out of the 50

Seamus was ranked 15 last year out of 50 s I guess he came 8th of the 25 qualifiers after the rerank following finals series.

Some of the rules set out in the FAQ seems quite convoluted.

What happens if someone who was outside the top 25 at the end of the regular season earns enough money in the playoffs to get into the top 25 overall, but not enough to be in the top 25 earners from the playoffs?

Some of the rules set out in the FAQ seems quite convoluted.

What happens if someone who was outside the top 25 at the end of the regular season earns enough money in the playoffs to get into the top 25 overall, but not enough to be in the top 25 earners from the playoffs?

As far as I know the 25 from regular season are set in stone but their positioning will change depending on post season (except for the person who came 1st).

The rest are just playing for the top 25 places in playoffs. I think the money the players outside the top 25 earned in regularly season is irrelevant.

I am only 80% sure on this though.
    I remember studying it last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

So, he's not in the web.com top 25 despite a decent T40 finish in the Boise Open. Does that mean he can't now make the PGA Tour? Will he be  on web.com next year?
    http://www.pgatour.com/webcom/live-projected-standings/the-25.html

It's the finals 25 you need to look at . He is 19th with 2 events left . Needs one top 12 or 2 top 20s roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

-4 after 15 in the 2nd second round.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

-4 after 15 in the 2nd second round.

Thanks, yes he has improved his projected position for the 25 cards from 19th to 11th, hopefully he can keep it going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Another bird on 7th, his 16th .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Shot a 65 - great round!

Advertisement