Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park - best place to park (older person/bad mobility)?

Options
  • 02-09-2017 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭

Somebody going to match tomorrow that's very bad on the feet.

I know they'll only get so far in car so wondering what's shortest route from parking for them to get into Hogan?

I'm hoping they'll float back to the car! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

If your in early enough- Clonliffe college and you can go to underneath the Hogan practically park within 100 yards of the entrance BUT your as well not go back to the car until at least 6 o clock or later as its an absolute nightmare to get out of (one entrance one exit)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

They'll get over going back late, just not good on the feet but wouldn't hear of missing it either.

Thanks, Clonliffe college it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Park wherever you want in Dublin and take a taxi to as near to the stand as possible that you're allocated to. Used to do that with my Dad, well worth the few quid overall and we were often undercharged by a driver.

Gets rid of one major stress and the extra money is negligible compared to the overall cost of the day.

If you're up on the top tier, or find the walk up the steps to the lower tier tough, then ask a steward can you get in the lift. You may have to wait as they'll be busy but they're very accommodating.

If you have a disabled parking permit you can park in any marked parking bay in Dublin free of charge. It doesn't have to be a disabled marked space. Obviously this doesn't apply to private car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Greybottle wrote: »
    If you have a disabled parking permit ...
    God forbid they'd give in to apply for one!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

God forbid they'd give in to apply for one!

Tell me about it. Argued with him for years, after he relented, he thought it was the best thing since sliced bread! :-))

• Advertisement
Advertisement