Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whiskey clubs

Options
  • 31-07-2017 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭

I was recently told about the cork whiskey society.

I'm presuming that a few here are members, or members of a Dublin whiskey club.

Can anyone shed some light as to what exactly happens on one of their evenings out.

I think it might be something I'd enjoy.. but are their any cons, or is it all pro ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I now understand.

The first rule about whiskey club. , is that you don't talk about whiskey club

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Legion2008

No real cons ..... Irish Whiskey Society has a members rate €30 and a non members rate €20 for tastings, so you can go along to a tasting as a non member .... check it out and if it's something you enjoy you can then join up.

A typical IWS tasting event comprises of 6 different whiskies (half measures), there'd be a theme/topic on the night. There would be somebody presenting the whiskies and talking about them, explaining them etc .....

Some tastings would be restricted to members only. Occasionally Society bottles are available and the sale of these is restricted to members only

Legion2008 wrote: »
    No real cons ..... Irish Whiskey Society has a members rate €30 and a non members rate €20 for tastings, so you can go along to a tasting as a non member .... check it out and if it's something you enjoy you can then join up.

A typical IWS tasting event comprises of 6 different whiskies (half measures), there'd be a theme/topic on the night. There would be somebody presenting the whiskies and talking about them, explaining them etc .....

Some tastings would be restricted to members only. Occasionally Society bottles are available and the sale of these is restricted to members only

thanks, i didnt go to the last cork tasting.. i'll try and make the next one.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

mikeecho wrote: »
    thanks, i didnt go to the last cork tasting.. i'll try and make the next one.

Did you make it after?
    I was at the Fran Well one, Whiskey and Beer pairings and some Pizza.
    Was a good night and very interesting to hear the history of the brewery and the Caskmates series.
    The exclusive tasting of the IPA Caskmates was a nice surprise too :D

• Advertisement

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Did you make it after?
    Was a good night and very interesting to hear the history of the brewery and the Caskmates series.

Didnt go, bit sorry now that i didnt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭randomname2005

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Did you make it after?

How is the IPA Caskmates? Worth splashing out on a bottle?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

How is the IPA Caskmates? Worth splashing out on a bottle?

I quite enjoyed it, will be grabbing a bottle.
    Interestingly enough we drank it with the Chieftain IPA, one sip from each, both combined was surprisingly tasty.

Advertisement