Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one met a Donald Trump type in real life?

• 28-08-2017 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭

Apart from a teenager who decided to say... no it wasn't them despite ample evidence that it was them their explanation was that it wasn't them just someone who looked like them!!! It was over smoking so nothing serious.

Never came across an adult who just decided to brazen it out the way he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I probably have met similar people to him(not as successful tough). Meeting a very politically correct guy can be just as worse tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭ForestFire

mariaalice wrote: »
    Any one met a Donald Trump type in real life?

You do know that Donald Trump IS real life??
    He really in the president of the USA, The worlds most powerful nation and was voted in by millions of real life people??

You are not watching a reality TV show or science fiction movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

People are obsessed!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mar2000

I would love to meet him just for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I've never met a leader of the free world type.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Back in "de boom" in around 2005 / 2006 I met some of the biggest developers in the country. These guys had one thing in common - massive egos, unbelievable risk takers, consummate sociopaths with zero morals and ridiculous narcissists. About all the qualities of The Donald.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Back in "de boom" in around 2005 / 2006 I met some of the biggest developers in the country. These guys had one thing in common - massive egos, unbelievable risk takers, consummate sociopaths with zero morals and ridiculous narcissists. About all the qualities of The Donald.

And all funded with loaned money, just like The Donald. :D

For some reason, I think if I ever met Trump, I just know his breath would stink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Matt.ie

mariaalice wrote:

Brazen what out? The presidency?

It probably is a shock to you but there's no EVIDENCE of any wrongdoing by the president. None. Loadsa hearsay by anonymous sources/lies by the haters but no actual evidence to impeach him.
    And by God they are trying hard enough to find something.

Stop listening to finnucan and cnn types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I met a religious nut guy once who believed he could turn gay people heterosexual.

'Make America Straight again' should have been his motto.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Winterlong wrote: »
    I met a religious nut guy once who believed he could turn gay people heterosexual.

'Make America Straight again' should have been his motto.
    That's more Pence's cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Its fascinating how he operates, he doesn't try to persuade or provide evidence. He mixes lies with a bit of truth and exaggeration and then just brazens it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Yep. A woman I know who is a complete sociopath, lies and manipulation are her game with a massive ego as the cherry on top.

Exhausting being around her, listening to her shíte on about herself, I can see right through her. Annoying as hell though that her ego is so big she thinks everyone else is stupid and that they can't tell what she's up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

my boss would put Donald to shame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

mitresize5 wrote: »
    my boss would put Donald to shame

I would not! :eek:

Yes, I have an aunt just like him. We don't speak to her anymore (at least not until she hits rock bottom again and decides to "forgive" us because she needs help) and thankfully she lives on the other side of the world.

But yeah, same kind of stuff; fantastical, invented stories. A persecution complex combined with a big ego and a "never wrong" attitude. Anyone who calls her on her bull is instantly attacked, called every name under the sun and then cut off from contact. She'll then use their "abuse" as a sob story for the next person, making up blatant falsifiable nonsense about the exchange.

Anyone who shows her the slightest bit of compassion has their well tapped absolutely dry before she moves on without so much as a thanks.

It's a mental illness. She's about the same age as Donald too, and she's only gotten worse with age.

mar2000 wrote: »
    I would love to meet him just for the craic.

You can meet him. He hosts photo opportunities at his hotel in Vegas - Trump International.

He won't shake your hand, but you can have a photo taken with him, for which you'll be charged around $100. And don't address him directly.

He's a very classy man, totally presidential and everything and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Here's a load of people that have met Donald Trump

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/5d8zop/serious_people_who_have_met_or_dealt_with_donald/

He's a Donald Trump type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

None met in real-life, but there is probably a few other multi-millionaire/billionaire entrepreneurs that emulate, or at least try to emulate the current leader of the free world (all with very mixed results):

i) The UK's Apprentice equivalence: The Sugar Lord - largely ignored when he tried to mingle in politics, lacking in charisma.
    ii) Green the TopShop billionaire - seems more interested in mega-yacht cruising on the med, sinking BHS, pension irregularities disputes.
    ii) Branson - This fella seems the best of the bunch, recently advocated UBI (universal income), aware the robots will replace us before long.

There is also a couple of 'new money' 'nerd' characters in the US, that might even have a go at POTUS'20
    i) Musk - Forward-thinking Telsa/Hyperloop/Mars chap, bit of a mix between Jacque Fresco & Stephen Hawking.
    ii) Zuckerberg - T-shirt wearing teenage-like lad with influence over 1bn earth dwellers, let's hope not in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

It has to be a personality disorder or at a stretch some sort of mental health issue or all an act.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

ForestFire wrote: »
    You do know that Donald Trump IS real life??
    He really in the president of the USA, The worlds most powerful nation and was voted in by millions of real life people??

You are not watching a reality TV show or science fiction movie.

He knows that; we all do. :)

In fairness he asked "Any one met a Donald Trump type in real life."

Answering for myself: no, I haven't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was talking to someone yesterday who worked for Bernie Saunders

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Thankfully, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Apart from a teenager who decided to say... no it wasn't them despite ample evidence that it was them their explanation was that it wasn't them just someone who looked like them!!! It was over smoking so nothing serious.

No never, you have to be stinking rich to be that brazen - though I did watch a documentary a while back, this guy would have similar traits to Donald, again stinking rich...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Met Michael D. Is that what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder? Don't think so.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I'd a friend who felt the need to bring up previous sexual encounters every time we spoke. Think he was trying to project an image of himself as a "player" or whatever, not sure who he thought he was impressing. Incredibly immature behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Have I met a few dickheads?

Yeah, I've met a few dickheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Vince McMahon seems like a Donald Trump guy. Anyone that knows of him, knows that the guy is practically insane with the stories we do hear about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

He sometimes reminds me of one person I have known although that person has none of his wealth or success. He is someone very egotistical with huge regard for his own intellect despite often sounding embarrassingly stupid. By that I mean very regularly using large words incorrectly, authoritatively talking about things he has no idea about and making stories up and pretending to be involved in things he's not,from relationships to crimes. He has never gone to college or worked but has bizarre grandiose notions of big companies wanting to talk to him about his ideas, working for them as a consultant, laughing at anyone so "average" as to work in a job as staff. He has taken "revenge" on anyone he's perceived has crossed him despite none of them ever having thought twice about him.

It's actually a very tragic affliction for the average person who does not have the wealth to attract people to create a facade of having friends and a life. He's someone with no connection left with anyone including family. I only ever see him in passing but even in that short interaction I'd be torn between intense annoyance with him and heartbreak that anyone could end up so deluded and seeing all it can rob a person of. He's one of the few people I've met that I couldn't imagine counseling or medication or indeed anything helping. As sorry as I often feel for him though I know I couldn't try befriending him in any real way as it would cost me my sanity as it has with others in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

...Never came across an adult who just decided to brazen it out the way he does.

Yup. Bluffs their way with domineering posturing and mixes fact and fiction. usually gets their way as people don't want the hassle. Was a senior manager/business head. Would literally talk over you, indeed the whole room regardless of place till they got their way. Would hold a grudge if they didn't.

I met plenty of people who try spoof you, with stuff that you know is wrong. But thats a different thing. That being a chancer.