Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Book readers" - Season 7 Episode 7 "The Dragon and the Wolf"

Options
  • 25-08-2017 8:59am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Note anything after this post may contain spoilers for the episode; do not read or open this thread until you have watched the whole episode!!!

This is ONLY about the specific episode! No information from any other source but listed below are allowed to be posted but book related information is allowed as well as the lore from the DVDs. Anything relating to interviews or articles directly related to this episode can be posted with a spoiler tag.

The "Next Episode" and any speculation on what may come in the future episodes should be put in the appropriate Season 7 speculation thread; any funny pictures from the episode should be posted in this thread until Wednesday rather than the funny picture thread.

In addition anyone picking up 3 yellow cards will be banned from the forum for the current season; in case of serious enough transgressions the ban may come earlier than 3 cards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Not long til SHOWTIME!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Here we go.

This better be bloody amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It has all led to this

That's an entrance

• Registered Users Posts: 37,962 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That Britannia show looks promising

New game of thrones perhaps ???

• Advertisement

Way too much politics for a finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Todd Toddington III

Enjoyed that. Made sure I avoided spoilers all week too :). Good pace for the finale and enjoyed the lot. Cersei is still a cnut!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

I really enjoyed for that, I love the intrigue, that said the final third was slightly anticlimactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

They fitted a lot in there. Not sure if the seven episode season was the right call. And ya Cersei is still some wagon.

It's gonna be a long bloody wait for season 8 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

The first season was basically all politics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

I thought the Littlefinger storyline was quite clumsy. His hyper political animal persona was clearly a Martin creation and don't think the TV writers could handle his machinations properly. The whole aryas trial fakeout was total bog standard TV twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

macslash wrote: »
    They fitted a lot in there. Not sure if the seven episode season was the right call. And ya Cersei is still some wagon.

It's gonna be a long bloody wait for season 8 :(

Too much has to happen in 6 episodes. I think changing the 10 episode formula was a mistake but having said that, this season has been pretty fúckin good, if not perhaps a bit rushed at times. The next seasons episodes better be a least 2 hours long to fit in everything that needs to happen..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Great episode, personally my favorite episode of the season. Was completely caught off guard with Jon Snow being revealed as Aegon. For the past two seasons I've been going on about the absence of Aegon Targaryen, wondering why they excluded him from the show having read the books, now it all makes perfect sense. A great example of misdirection from the show. Jon Snow has been Aegon Targaryen all along.

Wonder what Tyrion standing outside Jon and Danys room was all about. Was he annoyed or possibly jealous or something? Not sure what to make of that scene.

Also very interesting when Cersei revealed that Euron hasn't abandoned her but looks like he's bringing the Golden Company with him. I didn't know what Euron's angle was the whole episode up until Cersei's scene with Jamie. I guess I was right to be suspicious.

And now finally the White Walkers have breached The Wall. I think we all knew it would lead to that but still a great scene to end the season on. So now we have to wait for Season 8 :(. All I can say to that is "And now my watch has ended"

Tyrion has made a pact with Cersei, I think it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Todd Toddington III

Tyrion has made a pact with Cersei, I think it makes sense.

What did she offer him though? Her flower? :)

Edit...She is supposed to be betrayed 3 times so this does make sense. Jorah, the girl who sold her out to the king or tarth and now Tyrion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Daith

Littlefinger's reaction to Bran was the end for him. He never could predict Bran. Still that storyline was rubbish throughout. Felt very plodding and the characters were off.

Sam and Bran are basically the same person.
    "How come you read so much and don't know about the Three Eyed Crow?"
    "How come you can see the past but I had to tell you they were married"
    Touché

Cersei is all kinds of amazing. With of all of Sansa's talk of being safe in Winterfell, I think she'll be kidnapped. She'll be brought to KL by the Golden Company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I thought Greyworm and the Unsullied were under seige in Casterly Rock? And if not, they just waltzed across the width of Westeros from Castery to Kings Landing unhindered.
    Great episode. I actually liked the Littlefinger trail scene. It felt quite satisfying.
    The scene of different parts of KL while the snow was falling was beautiful.
    In the one episode I wanted the teleporters, Jon didn't have his.... I was really hoping that Bran/Sam scene would have involved Jon in person. I really wanted his reaction this season but I guess we'll have to wait.
    Gonna be a long year.

I thought Greyworm and the Unsullied were under seige in Casterly Rock? And if not, they just waltzed across the width of Westeros from Castery to Kings Landing unhindered.

Not under siege. Their ships were destroyed. They were able to get through Westeros fine because Dany took care of most of their obstacles.

I thought Theon trying to rescue Yara made no sense if Euron was back on Pyke. Is it possible he'll rescue her and figure out what Euron is doing?

What did she offer him though? Her flower? :)

Edit...She is supposed to be betrayed 3 times so this does make sense. Jorah, the girl who sold her out to the king or tarth and now Tyrion

That wouldn't be Cersei, I'm bembarrassed

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Great episode. Well Littlefinger... it was a good run!

Quote of the episode for me was, Sandor to his mutilated brother "You know who is coming for you!". Jon being revealed as Aegen shocked me. The ending was done very well. You would presume it is going to be all out action in Season 8.

• Advertisement

I like Cersei pulling the same "touch me belly" manipulation on Tyrion as she did with Jaime.

Not sure why Dany took two dragons with her. She should have left one behind as if to say "this isn't my true strength"

I wonder have they all left Dragonstone? What would be the point of leaving people there? Will Winterfell be the main base next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

A bit ****ty after so many references to Rhaegar's children that they give the name of Rhaegar's first born son, killed by the Mountain to Jon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Still processing the episode, v.tired watching it.

I enjoyed in a way how Littlefinger's demise this season inversely paralleled Ned's demise in season 1.

Ned headed south and is out of place in a city of liars and schemers. Renly runs out of the city, Slynt is bought and Joffery is chaotic (& stupid) enough to top him. Ned doesn't see it coming. An honourable man dies in a dishonourable place.

Littlefinger tries to manipulate every living Stark this season in Winterfell. His schemes aren't working here as the North is a different place where oaths mean something. Bran see through him and Arya is suspicious of him. Eventually he is found out, he scrambles to defend himself but his previous tricks and lies all come home to roost. Littlefinger doesn't see it coming. A dishonourable man dies in a honourable place.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Agree with Podgemonster, I enjoyed seeing title fingers picked apart, at is a wonderful worse fate or him than death death multiple stabs.like.

Did enjoy seeing Jaime literally take the black.

Littlefinger tries to manipulate every living Stark this season in Winterfell. His schemes aren't working here as the North is a different place where oaths mean something. Bran see through him and Arya is suspicious of him. Eventually he is found out, he scrambles to defend himself but his previous tricks and lies all come home to roost. Littlefinger doesn't see it coming. A dishonourable man dies in a honourable place.

LF should have ran once Bran said "chaos is a ladder" to him. I like the comparison but Ned dying was true politics. LF dying was because he couldn't predict Bran. Once Bran confirmed his actions against Ned, LF was 100% toast.

It also has a nice parallel to a story in The Wire which I'm enjoying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Daith wrote: »

Cersei is all kinds of amazing. With of all of Sansa's talk of being safe in Winterfell, I think she'll be kidnapped. She'll be brought to KL by the Golden Company.
    Something tells me that Winterfell will have a little more to deal with than the Golden Company in the early episodes of Season 8.

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Something tells me that Winterfell will have a little more to deal with than the Golden Company in the early episodes of Season 8.

Perfect time to take a hostage....anyway this should be the speculation thread.

Anybody else slightly annoyed that Sam was like "I transcribed a High Speton's diary"? Gilly found the text.

• Administrators Posts: 53,483 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I am confused about the Aegon thing.

Wasn't Aegon the child of Elia Martell and Rheagon? But now Jon is supposed to have been Aegon all along? How does that work?

awec wrote: »
    I am confused about the Aegon thing.

Wasn't Aegon the child of Elia Martell and Rheagon? But now Jon is supposed to have been Aegon all along? How does that work?

I can't remember if E+R's Aegon was actually named in the show?

In that case then yes, there's two Aegons who are both sons of Rhaegar with two different women?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

no other show makes incest look as good as Game of Thrones!

Advertisement