Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corporate boxes on the Hill

Options
  • 24-08-2017 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to settle an argument. Underneath the big screen on the hill (where the Nally once stood), there's 3 rooms/boxes. Anyone know what they're used for? They used to have TV studios once upon a time. What are they used for these days?

About-Main-Image.jpg?ext=.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Corporation Boxes maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

As far as I'm aware its the control room for matches i.e Gardai, stadium management etc.

I think there's another control room in the Hogan stand for other events where a stage etc would be at the Hill 16 end of the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Often wondered the same myself, looks ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wotausername

It's control room for matches :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

yeah it is, i remember they showed inside it on the 2009 Documentary about the running of Croke Park

Im sure that the RTE Rugby and Soccer pundits used it for a studio when they were in Croke Park, could be wrong though ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭wotausername

PTH2009 wrote: »
    yeah it is, i remember they showed inside it on the 2009 Documentary about the running of Croke Park

Im sure that the RTE Rugby and Soccer pundits used it for a studio when they were in Croke Park, could be wrong though ???

Not sure, I'd imagine it is the same studio that's used for gaa matches in the Hogan stand. I think the building in the nally stand has only ever been used as a control room :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Squatman

Paulzx wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware its the control room for matches i.e Gardai, stadium management etc.

I think there's another control room in the Hogan stand for other events where a stage etc would be at the Hill 16 end of the ground

Mad that theyd have the gardai stationed at the hill

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yep. So it is. In RTE's documentary about Croker on AI final day, they filmed a few scenes in the control room, showing the view out the windows. The scenes showed staff monitoring the cameras at the turnstiles. They had a smashing view of the pitch too, lucky buggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah that was the argument. I thought in the years Landsdowne was out of action, the Rugby/Football pundits were based down there, but can't find any evidence of it. Always thought it served a much nicer backdrop than the current RTE studios.
    Paulzx wrote: »
    That makes sense. Must be an awesome place to watch the game if you weren't working

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seems the make shift studios were under the place were on about and not inside it

• Advertisement
Advertisement