Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doolin Beer Festival

Options
  • 07-08-2017 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

Anyone heading this year?
    Be there myself for the 3 days

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

Myself and two mates will going to it. None of us have been before for the festival but a colleague mentioned it and I thought why not.
    Will be heading down from Athlone coincidentally seeing your location.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eleventy6

Is it any good? Might like to travel down for it if it's good.

How about the Great Irish Beer Festival in Cork. Thinking of going to the night with Stiff Little Fingers.

Seems good value. €13 in and some good music as well with lots of choice.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

eleventy6 wrote: »
    Is it any good? Might like to travel down for it if it's good.

How about the Great Irish Beer Festival in Cork. Thinking of going to the night with Stiff Little Fingers.

Seems good value. €13 in and some good music as well with lots of choice.

Went to it last year. Nice selection of breweries and a very relaxed atmosphere. Admittedly we went early in the day so there wasn't a huge amount of people there, but it was a pleasant change from battling through crowds at the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

The Cork one seems to be a music festival with some craft beer available, at least thats the way it seemed to be advertised when I was down there. What is it with these Irish festivals that they have to focus on everything but the beer?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Cork one seems to be a music festival with some craft beer available, at least thats the way it seemed to be advertised when I was down there. What is it with these Irish festivals that they have to focus on everything but the beer?

We went early last year and there was no music on. I think it had started by the time we were leaving but they had a separate room with loads of tables and some of the breweries so you could just go in there if you were there for the beer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

What is it with these Irish festivals that they have to focus on everything but the beer?
    We have an underdeveloped beer culture. Hagstravaganza, ABV or Belfast Beer Festival if you want a big hall with more focus on the beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 eleventy6

I dunno, I like the idea of having a few distractions like music and food. It would be the same with having a few other choices of drink other than beer.

As you can imagine, there would be a lot of people who might like to go, but there partner is not a beer drinker, so would not necessarily want to go.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

eleventy6 wrote: »
    I dunno, I like the idea of having a few distractions like music and food. It would be the same with having a few other choices of drink other than beer.

As you can imagine, there would be a lot of people who might like to go, but there partner is not a beer drinker, so would not necessarily want to go.
    It shouldn't really be a zero-sum situation. I think the geek contingent would just be happier if there were more thimblefuls-of-awesomesauce drinkathons near them as well.

Advertisement