Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knightrider

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Thespoofer wrote: »
    From season two onwards the last line was changed to ' I take care of both of them, cause when they met, it was murder.'

I think you'll find it was my-dur:D
    Citroen2cv wrote: »
    Steve Austin, astronaut. A man barely alive. We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, stronger, faster.

How much would he be now with inflation?
    Remember his counterpart the bionic woman - my god she was gorgeous. Seen her on Graham Norton a few years back and she was still drop dead gorgeous at 60 odd years old!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

There's actually talk of a reboot of Knight Rider at the moment, and James Gunn (who co-wrote and directed Guardians of the Galaxy) is apparently interested...

http://screenrant.com/knight-rider-reboot-david-hasselhoff-james-gunn/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,170 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Same here... My 2 favorites would have to be A Clockwork Hammer (particularly the scene where they try to brainwash Sledge :p) and Hammeroid (just classic)

:D

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Sleepy wrote: »
    There's actually talk of a reboot of Knight Rider at the moment, and James Gunn (who co-wrote and directed Guardians of the Galaxy) is apparently interested...

You mean a re-reboot as the first reboot didn't do well. .. was it killed after one season? Hell I remember Kit having a 3D printing in its boot! How forward thinking was that!

They should have a Kit Vs Kar in the re-reboot, the knight Foundation Vs the cyber army of trump! ...or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

The Brady Bunch.....Here's the story of a lovely lady who was bringing up 3 very lovely girls...

I loved that on a Friday afternoon and I think Black Beauty was on before it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

You folks see that flashing sign up there?

Now, that sign says: "Applesauce." No, no, I'm kidding. It says "applause." Ray, do me a favor. Could you flick that once? [crowd applauds] All right. Now remember. You're all a big part of the show, so the better you are, the better Larry is. You see this gentleman? He's giving me this sign and it says, "We're on in ten seconds." So get ready to have a good time. All right, here we go. This is exciting, isn't it?

hey-now-hank.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Chester Copperpot

He was a cop, and good at his job. But then he committed the ultimate sin and testified against other cops - gone bad. Cops who tried to kill him, but got the woman he loved instead. Framed for murder, now he prowls the badlands. An outlaw hunting outlaws, a bounty hunter - a RENEGADE!

A mixture of cocaine and steroids overuse must have contributed to the writing of that intro

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Always loved this and what a theme tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

The Odd Couple.

The theme tune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

CHIPS

So many different musical styles in that.
    Starts out funky, then there's the little early techno/kraftwerky flourishes and ends with a Falcon Cresty (everything's gonna be alright) brass section.

Any musical people here able to give a better analysis and how it relates to the theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I loved Chips:). Silver Spoons was another one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭AllForIt

CHIPS

Did you know that he

ROBERT-PINE-AS-SEEN-ON-TV-SHOW-CHIPS.jpg

is the father of him

chris-pine-shaved-head-today-170330-04_acf348a5513a8e15b4f8aa0dac0a51f2.today-inline-large.jpg

I did

Now you do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭RoboRat

CHIPS

If you haven't seen the new ChiPs... don't, absolute ball of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭RoboRat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Sleepy wrote: »

Been done and flopped.
    The charm of these 80's shows is the dodgy story that was written up on the back of a napkin in the bar with at least 2 physical impossibilities and at least 5000 rounds of ammo that were spent without anyone getting hit.
    Add to that dodgy hair and the stars were always a bit geeky (McGyver and Michael Knight definitely). And 80's television was always done on a budget of a fiver. In a word, it was crappy. But fun.
    Now fast forward to the reboot. The lead always has to be a Calvin Klein underwear model beefcake. Beautifully shot, with fabulous effects and a script worked to death by a team of crack writers. Everything slick, top of the range, state of the art, cooler than a snow man's cold bits.
    And suddenly it's all just so, so... meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,170 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭privateBeavis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

some classics in this thread, but here's one for the true nerds, an 18 wheeler where the cab turned into a helicopter (i **** you not) think it was called highwayman or something similar.

found the intro on youtube, happy memories :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S43ASGEOuU&ab_channel=Foywonder

and the helicopter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asYhAU_mzxw&ab_channel=FearonFanatic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

soups05 wrote: »
    some classics in this thread, but here's one for the true nerds, an 18 wheeler where the cab turned into a helicopter (i **** you not) think it was called highwayman or something similar.

found the intro on youtube, happy memories :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S43ASGEOuU&ab_channel=Foywonder

and the helicopter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asYhAU_mzxw&ab_channel=FearonFanatic

what the fcuk did I just watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

there were some really great shows in the 80s, but when they weren't on you had the likes of ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Loved Magnum PI, and he had a better car, or should I say he had access to a better car :-)

I think the Ferrari was Mr Masters (in the story).

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Now the world don't move
    to the beat of just one drum....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKikUl4slJ4&t=3s

One of my favourite shows as a kid. Clearly I was a bit of an odd child.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

inforfun wrote: »

Essential viewing of a Saturday at 5pm. Glued to the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

RoboRat wrote: »

Sapphire and Steel was some seriously fooked up sh1t. Remembering watching it at about 7 -8yrs and couldn't fathom it. Watched an episode on you tube recently and still had the same thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

RRRRRRRRing! RRRRRRRRRRing! RRRRRRRRRing! Click

"This is Jim Rockford. At the tone leave your name & message & I'll get back to ya" Beeeep! ......................................................

Da da da dun...........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

All these posts and not a single mention of knightboat the crime solving boat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Spider Web

Dr. David Banner - physician, scientist... searching for a way to tap into the hidden strengths that all humans have. Then an accidental overdose of gamma radiation alters his body chemistry. And now, when David Banner grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs. The creature is driven by rage and pursued by an investigative reporter.
    "Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
    The creature is wanted for a murder he didn't commit. David Banner is believed to be dead. And he must let the world think that he is dead, until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him...

Advertisement