Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sight Question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Not really , except paying for something that can got for a lot less , especially red dots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Gatling wrote: »
    Not really , except paying for something that can got for a lot less , especially red dots
    I've bought a swiss arms airsoft red dot and aiming down into it if you move your head the dot loses target.
    I remember when I used real ones in the army this was not an issue and you could move your head without this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

It's far cheaper to re look at the basics, find your shoulder pocket and establish a consistent cheek weld, use a cheek pad as a locator if needed. That way your head will always be in the same spot!! ( wear your full face gear when your practicing)

https://www.google.ie/amp/modern-hunters.com/beginner-rifle-marksmanship/amp/

thermo wrote: »
    It's far cheaper to re look at the basics, find your shoulder pocket and establish a consistent cheek weld, use a cheek pad as a locator if needed. That way your head will always be in the same spot!! ( wear your full face gear when your practicing)

https://www.google.ie/amp/modern-hunters.com/beginner-rifle-marksmanship/amp/
    Sorry for the delay in replying, I completely forgot to reply.
    I've always had a dominant left hand / eye but fire from my right (Army requirement and stuck with me).
    If I bring it up normally it will always go in the right position but when bringing it up quick unless I make an actual groove in the stock I can never get it right.

I ordered the sight today, if I don't see any improvement, I can always use it as a shelf piece.

I received the sight last night. The difference in both build quality and being parallax free is huge.
    I'm really happy with the purchase and am looking into purchasing a real acog next :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Fresz19

deceit wrote: »
    I received the sight last night. The difference in both build quality and being parallax free is huge.
    I'm really happy with the purchase and am looking into purchasing a real acog next :)

Let me know how is that ACOG. I had Chinese crap before (was not that bad) but I would like to get the real deal.

Fresz19 wrote: »
    Let me know how is that ACOG. I had Chinese crap before (was not that bad) but I would like to get the real deal.
    I was on site yesterday in Simtac, I'm loving the sight, it works flawlessly and unlike my other sites, it never runs out of battery if you forget to turn it off as the battery lasts for months while on.

Advertisement