Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much is my 1986 LeBaron convertible worth?

Options
  • 05-08-2017 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

I think the time has come to sell my 1986 LeBaron convertible as I don't think I will be driving it again, but how much is it worth?

The engine is 2.2L with 4 cylinders, so not a muscle car by any means.

I have uploaded a bunch of pictures to Dropbox as I was unable to embed them into this post.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2vdp8gvp5rj3vud/AAD7OB5o3UynVMxXlbomnBiba?dl=0

I bought the car in 1997 while I lived in London and I still have all MOT and NCT certificates until 2012, which was the last time I used the car.

The mileage on the first MOT certificate is 66611. The current mileage is 1001 (6 digit display).

As can be seen on the pictures there is a little bit of rust a few places and the interior is a bit worn but otherwise the car looks great. The car has been stored in a garage for about 19 of the last 20 years. The convertible top and the small side windows are powered but the front ones are manual.

I think the top is leaking somewhere along the rear window (glass) but I haven't been able to find out where the water is coming from. The current top was replaced in 1997 by me.

The stereo comes with the car but I forgot to insert it. The original stereo stopped working some years ago. I think I may have it somewhere.

The car starts easily and runs well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Front wheel drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Front wheel drive?

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,887 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I feel your asking price of €500 is about right. In any of the places you mention you are selling your car, you should emphasize that you've owned it for 20 years. That's a major selling point, showing that you have loved and cared for your car for a very long time.

I've been in your situation. Where my much loved classic car was not used for a very long time and the car deteriorated. I guess that's what's happened with your Chrysler. Probably out of NCT for many years? At this stage if I were you, I'd probably prefer the car you have owned and loved for such a long time to go to someone who cares and who pledges to put it through the NCT and to drive it regularly. Top down for sure. Dare I say it? Maybe you should let the car go for free to a loving new owner.

unkel wrote: »
    I feel your asking price of €500 is about right. In any of the places you mention you are selling your car, you should emphasize that you've owned it for 20 years. That's a major selling point, showing that you have loved and cared for your car for a very long time.

I've been in your situation. Where my much loved classic car was not used for a very long time and the car deteriorated. I guess that's what's happened with your Chrysler. Probably out of NCT for many years? At this stage if I were you, I'd probably prefer the car you have owned and loved for such a long time to go to someone who cares and who pledges to put it through the NCT and to drive it regularly. Top down for sure. Dare I say it? Maybe you should let the car go for free to a loving new owner.

I placed the ad and got two enthusiastic callers within literally minutes. I have no idea how they were able to find my ad so soon.

Sold.

• Advertisement
Advertisement