Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Larios Gin in Ireland

• 04-08-2017 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭

Got quite the taste for this gin in Spain recently and the bottle I brought home didn't last long at all. Does anyone know if it's available to buy in Ireland?

20162c8307ea7bf980d49c017d086f1d9775.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,161 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Never seen it in Ireland.
    It's a pretty cheap and cheerful gin, I'd imagine Gordon's wouldn't be a million miles away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Never seen it in Ireland.
    It's a pretty cheap and cheerful gin, I'd imagine Gordon's wouldn't be a million miles away.

I actually thought the same myself so bought Gordon's yesterday on the off chance after seeing it on special in Dunnes. It's similar enough alright, not quite as smooth, but a grand substitute. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I also don't think you can get that gin over here.

I had it recently and understood it to be the cheap'n'cheerful local stuff - think it costs about fiver in shops in Ibiza :eek:

On a slight aside:-

We had it served to us with some local tonic, the name of which I unfortunately can't remember, and a slice of orange rubbed around the rim of the glass and then plopped into the drink. It was AMAZING! The orange really complemented the drink. Due to a mix-up in the next round it was tried with a Bombay Sapphire gin, and that was rotten - whatever the flavours in the Larios just really went with the orange garnish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,161 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I also don't think you can get that gin over here.

I had it recently and understood it to be the cheap'n'cheerful local stuff - think it costs about fiver in shops in Ibiza :eek:

On a slight aside:-

We had it served to us with some local tonic, the name of which I unfortunately can't remember, and a slice of orange rubbed around the rim of the glass and then plopped into the drink. It was AMAZING! The orange really complemented the drink. Due to a mix-up in the next round it was tried with a Bombay Sapphire gin, and that was rotten - whatever the flavours in the Larios just really went with the orange garnish.

Intresting, I find Bombay sapphire to be really orangey, or more specifically, tangerine.

Advertisement