Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Auriol Temperature station. 2017

Options
  • 01-08-2017 9:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I bought a basic Lidl Auriol temperature station the other day.......see attached photo.

Works well for giving me the outside temp, but the time is wrecking my head, keeps on going to 1 hour ahead of Irish time, I know its getting it from Germany and that is 1 hour ahead etc

But There is a "zone" you can choose to put you in the correct zone, have tried playing with this, putting it to "-1" etc and no luck.

Anybody have an idea if the time can be set to Irish time?

From google, I can see there were issues with Lidl temp stations a few years ago, but just wondering if still an issue in 2017.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

My sister got one of those some time back, its not quite the same as yours but it has the same issue with the time, whatever we tried it is still an hour out. I fear you will just have to live with it and besides it wasn't bought for telling the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DCF77

What May be happening is its picking up the transmissions from DCF77. I don't have a manual but is there a way to set the time zone to British Summer Time.?

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 burrows

I have one of their clocks and had the same problem. I set the time zone and it didn't seem to apply it. Then I discovered you have to press a button to apply the time zone to the time, I don't have the clock in front of me but it was a button labelled mode or zone maybe.

I can check to tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Thank you. I have that manual too.

Step 6 on page 16 says:

"Press the SET / RESET button to set the
    desired time zone for time zone 2 (–12
    hours to +12 hours).

Note: Should you be in a country in
    which the DCF signal can be received but
    the time is different to your current local
    time, you can use the time zone setting to
    have the clock display your current local
    time. If you find yourself in a country in
    which, for example, the local time is an
    hour ahead of Central European Time
    (CET), you set the time zone to +01. The
    clock is now still controlled by DCF but
    shows the time as one hour ahead of
    CET. If you wish to know what the time is
    in the USA for example, then simply by
    setting the time zone value to e.g. –10
    you will obtain the current local time in
    Los Angeles etc

My temp station is always an hour ahead, so I set the time zone to "-1". Made no difference.
    Also, I do not understand what it means by the underlined bit above. i.e the time zone "2" specifically, dont know what the 2 means.

At the end of page 17, there is a section:

Calling up the time zone
    The default display shows the time zone according
    to the information provided by the
    DCF signal.
    Press the CLOCK button 23. The time
    zone 16 appears in the LC display.
    Press the CLOCK button again to return
    to the default display.

As stated above, I set my time zone to "-1" but when I call up the time zone by pressing clock, it shows a different time.

• Advertisement

ah christ , im thick. just literally figured it out 2 minutes later, well I think I have !!

So, after you set the time zone to -1, that is no good.

In order for the -1 to actually be applied on the clock, you need to be in normal mode and then press the clock button and "zone" appears which means you have now applied the time zone you set i.e the "-1"

I thought "calling up " the time zone only temporarily showed the zone you had configured. thick.

burrows wrote: »
    I have one of their clocks and had the same problem. I set the time zone and it didn't seem to apply it. Then I discovered you have to press a button to apply the time zone to the time, I don't have the clock in front of me but it was a button labelled mode or zone maybe.

I can check to tonight.

this is the bit I missed too, not very clear in manual, if they just said " to apply the time zone you set, press this button" would make things a lot easier.

Advertisement