Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Re-registering on a ZV plate - next step?

Options
  • 31-07-2017 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

I've re-registered my classic onto a ZV plate. I received a letter showing the new reg and my old reg cert was also returned to me. The attached letter states that I must bring all the documents to my local tax office to process same.

I rang the tax office to see what is required but the lady I spoke with hadnt a clue what I was on about.

From what I understand of it, a new reg cert will only issue when I tax the car (even though it's currently taxed until the end of August on the old '84' reg).

As it's never been taxed before (on the new ZV reg) do I still use the normal RF100A tax renewal form (or should it be the RF100 'First Taxing of a Motor Vehicle' form - as issued by motor traders and / or Revenue...which I dont have)?

I basically dont have the time to call into the tax office to wait around to get it sorted. I would rather post in the relevant forms, payment.

I initially thought that Rosslare would automatically notify Shannon and I would get the new reg cert in the post. I now realise this is not how it works.

Has anybody here gone through this procedure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

i'd have a go at taxing it online (next month). then the new cert would (might) be issued automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Isambard wrote: »
    i'd have a go at taxing it online (next month). then the new cert would (might) be issued automatically.

If he taxes it of the '84 reg will the tax disc come with the '84 then?

he'll know when he enters the zv number if it's set up on the system

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

The (new) ZV number is still not on the system, even though it was issued on 18th July.
    It appears that it wont issue until the new reg cert (or tax disc?) is issued?!

In that case, it looks like you're going to have to go into the tax office. You can't really rely on posting it all off as I bet the tax disc would come back with the old number. (because that would be the easiest course of action for staff who only want a quiet life ie human nature)

• Advertisement

Surely somebody here must have gone through this procedure before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Wait until mid August, pop into tax office and tax it in person. The new Cert can only be processed by the taxation process.The first time has to be done in person.

Thanks for your reply. Have you done this yourself?
    Do you know why they require the owner to be there in person, as to opposed to posting it all in?

they don't , you can do it by post, but can you be sure of the outcome if you don't go yourself? My guess is the record will be updated and you'd be able to dpo it online.

Thanks for the replies. I will update once I get it sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Silvera wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. Have you done this yourself?
    Do you know why they require the owner to be there in person, as to opposed to posting it all in?

Hi, haven't switched a classic plate to a ZV. Reading the online info it just reads to me the exact same process as a new import plate generates. Like someone said above to be sure its best to do the first one in person. The payment of tax is the crucial step to triggering the new reg book.

Advertisement