Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2017/18 Preseason, European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No sane again. Very risky to go with aguero it seems.
    Starting to worry that it may be risky to go with anyone. Lacazette may even be safer than Jesus at the same price in the first few games. But only if he's on penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

De Bruyne clean thru, unselfishly squares it to Jesus who spectacularly misses a practically open goal.

Aguero wagon back on.... ;)

CSF wrote: »
    Starting to worry that it may be risky to go with anyone. Lacazette may even be safer than Jesus at the same price in the first few games. But only if he's on penalties.

Too risky to go without City attack. They are destroying Spurs here. Should be 3 or 4 up. Scored almost 3 goals a game in first 6 GWs last season.

KdB should be nailed and has been excellent again tonight. Aguero will probably get a half now to stake a claim after a quiet half from Jesus and a terrible miss.

City look solid at the back too. This keeper is good and 3 CBs. I leaning to a City def over Alonso who was subbed off after having a nightmare today.

FHFC wrote: »

Too risky to go without City attack. They are destroying Spurs here. Should be 3 or 4 up. Scored almost 3 goals a game in first 6 GWs last season.

KdB should be nailed and has been excellent again tonight. Aguero will probably get a half now to stake a claim after a quiet half from Jesus and a terrible miss.

City look solid at the back too. This keeper is good and 3 CBs. I leaning to a City def over Alonso who was subbed off after having a nightmare today.
    What has Walker's role been?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Right wing back
    Danilo left

Right wing back. Getting forward plenty but Danilo is a real handful on the other side and more attacks going that way.

Depending on how long Mendy is out for Danilo could be worth a go for early Wildcarders, looks excellent.

Right wing back. Getting forward plenty but Danilo is a real handful on the other side and more attacks going that way.

Depending on how long Mendy is out for Danilo could be worth a go for early Wildcarders, looks excellent.
    Cheers. Who is looking more like the must have. KDB or Jesus? I don't think I can have both without getting rid of Lukaku and Kane.

In other news. David Silva has no hair.....

Cheers. Who is looking more like the must have. KDB or Jesus? I don't think I can have both without getting rid of Lukaku and Kane.

https://twitter.com/FPL_Junior/status/891431582875230210

Jesus has been a bit quiet imo. Got in some good positions but not at all clinical. See above. :eek:

KdB the number 1 for me ATM.

Then probably Jesus, although I want Aguero.

Still probably going with KDB and a striker.

Aguero, Foden, Yaya, Nasri for Silva, Kompany, KdB, Fernandinho

Back to 4231

Aguero gets half an hour to show how it's done....

Actually Mangala came in to, still 3 at back.

Jesus off too.

• Advertisement

Aguero has hit post twice since he came on...

Sterling (Nasri)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Aguero, Foden, Yaya, Nasri for Silva, Kompany, KdB, Fernandinho

Back to 4231

Aguero gets half an hour to show how it's done....

Actually Mangala came in to, still 3 at back.

Jesus off too.

That made me far too excited.

Hero for me at the end of the 15/16 season, thought he had left City permanently. Not that he'll be near my team plans.

Any more Walters watch from yesterday. Front 3 yeah?

Edit. Good report here actually... http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/15442209.MATCH_REPORT__Nottingham_Forest_1_Burnley_1/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Any more Walters watch from yesterday. Front 3 yeah?

Edit. Good report here actually... http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/15442209.MATCH_REPORT__Nottingham_Forest_1_Burnley_1/

It was supposedly a 4123 in the first half. I can't see the set up yesterday being used Walters and Barnes would be the two slowest wide forwards ever. Defour 5.5 mid has been getting a good bit of game time pre season. If he could nail down a place he would be an option excellent ability on the ball and a great set piece. With Boyd leaving there is an issue with 442 as it needs a player like Boyd that runs around a lot going by dyches previous selections. This is why he may be trying other formations out. Looking at the squad its a bit imbalanced for what dyche usually wants . I think I'll be holding off on Walters due to fixtures and the fact he may play right side unless another winger is signed.

https://twitter.com/FPL_Junior/status/891431582875230210

Jesus has been a bit quiet imo. Got in some good positions but not at all clinical. See above. :eek:

KdB the number 1 for me ATM.

Then probably Jesus, although I want Aguero.

Still probably going with KDB and a striker.

I have now decided on kdb
    But maybe not with Kane
    Again Spurs and him look sluggish

I'm considering still going with aguero and keeping the one million (who am I kidding there is no way I'll keep the one mill)
    Danilo was mighty impressive too .........

It was supposedly a 4123 in the first half. I can't see the set up yesterday being used Walters and Barnes would be the two slowest wide forwards ever. Defour 5.5 mid has been getting a good bit of game time pre season. If he could nail down a place he would be an option excellent ability on the ball and a great set piece. With Boyd leaving there is an issue with 442 as it needs a player like Boyd that runs around a lot going by dyches previous selections. This is why he may be trying other formations out. Looking at the squad its a bit imbalanced for what dyche usually wants . I think I'll be holding off on Walters due to fixtures and the fact he may play right side unless another winger is signed.

I wouldn't fancy starting Walters every week, but my cunning plan was a 4th def/4th mid rotation.

Walters and Hegazi leaves you looking for WBA clean sheets against BOU, STO, WHU on 1, 3 & 5 and playing Walters against WBA, CPL, HUD in 2, 4 & 6 where you'd hope Burnley would be 442 with him up top.

All for 10m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I wouldn't fancy starting Walters every week, but my cunning plan was a 4th def/4th mid rotation.

Walters and Hegazi leaves you looking for WBA clean sheets against BOU, STO, WHU on 1, 3 & 5 and playing Walters against WBA, CPL, HUD in 2, 4 & 6 where you'd hope Burnley would be 442 with him up top.

All for 10m

How long before McCauley is back? Reckon Hegazi is a safe pick?

He is not but as long as McCauley is out for couple of weeks he will do me

• Advertisement

No definite time on McAuley. But Hegazi has been getting rave reviews from WBA fans in preseason and they've been trying out the 343 in a few games too.

Downside is WBA looking a bit threadbare and could struggle this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I feel so out of the loop, who on earth is Hegazi?

Yes, I'm just about to go google don't worry :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I feel so out of the loop, who on earth is Hegazi?
    Yes, I'm just about to go google don't worry

Same here. Who is he and why should I want him.

I've never heard of him, haven't done any research and I'm already building my defense around him. Good God.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Same here. Who is he and why should I want him.

I've never heard of him, haven't done any research and I'm already building my defense around him. Good God.

I for one have been a massive fan of the Egyptian international referred to as the "Nesta of the Pyramids" by wikipedia, since I read it two hours ago.

I for one have been a massive fan of the Egyptian international referred to as the "Nesta of the Pyramids" by wikipedia, since I read it two hours ago.

I don't think I'll chance him. My research has found that he a former Egyptian Prime Minister who sadly passed away in 2014.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdel_Aziz_Mohamed_Hegazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mané goal
    (Firmino)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

2-0. Salah (Moreno!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Mane and Salah looking danergous in pre season. Must be mad considering double Liverpool midfield.

:D

Sturridge came on after 67
    Scored after 82
    Went off injured after 87

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

km79 wrote: »
    Sturridge came on after 67
    Scored after 82
    Went off injured after 87

Chipped the keeper beautifully and seemed to pull muscle in his quad doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

If he'd actually hit it hard he could have died

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Foster went off with a knock for WBA.
    It might be nothing, but if he's ruled out it opens the door for Myhill(4.0)

spock. wrote: »
    Foster went off with a knock for WBA.
    It might be nothing, but if he's ruled out it opens the door for Myhill(4.0)

That was one of the reasons I moved away from foster
    He gets injured a LOT

Now no if he is injured I don't think I'll be able to resist an 8ml myhill Elliot combo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Burnley played 451 again maybe dyche is going to do the unthinkable and not play 442. Not good for Walters if that's the case.

Burnley played 451 again maybe dyche is going to do the unthinkable and not play 442. Not good for Walters if that's the case.

I'm leaning toward Groß instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Mkhitaryan on the scoresheet again for United in pre season. Darmian assist

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Mkhitaryan on the scoresheet again for United in pre season. Darmian assist

Hmmmnm. Big decision to be made on him vs Pogba

Jaysus miki you are not making this easy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Going for Miki would be a big call.

You'd be shítting yourself every GW as to whether he'd start IMO. Especially with Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Mata (Martial).

Martial doing well since he came on, that United left wing will be full of rotation unfortunately.

Southampton lost 4-0 against Augsburg as St. Mary's.

Fairly strong Southampton team out.

No Cedric in squad yet.

Austin started up front, came off for Gabi on 64 mins.

Haven't seen any highlights and not sure I want to :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Calvert-Lewin goal for everton. Safely through to next round of EL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

West Ham v City:
    Hart, Zabaleta, Masuako, Ogbonna, Fonte, Obiang, Noble, Ayew, Arnautovic, Fernandes, Martinez

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Jesus (kdb)

Jaggo wrote: »
    Jesus (kdb)

Again ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    Again ????

No still 1-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Aguero (Silva)

2-0 City

Aguero(Silva)

Sterling not sure who assisted

Vardy scored.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

F1ngers wrote:
    Vardy scored.

And another.
    I want him for GW2 captain but the other fixtures are awful.

Advertisement