Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new to airsofting advice please?

• 25-07-2017 2:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys and gals I just realised I'm 5 minutes away from redhills airsoft in Kildare lol...

so I'm looking at gear what to buy and where?? ill initially be buying a pistol and an assault rifle of some sorts... should I buy new or used?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

If your new I'd say your best bet is to go renting gear for the first few visits, while your there you could probably ask some of the lads if they would Let you have a go of their guns, then you would be able to decide what suits you best.

After that I would say buy second hand and use any extra money on mags and upgrades.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

thermo wrote: »
    If your new I'd say your best bet is to go renting gear for the first few visits, while your there you could probably ask some of the lads if they would Let you have a go of their guns, then you would be able to decide what suits you best.

After that I would say buy second hand and use any extra money on mags and upgrades.....

have played twice before and loved it but the guns they rented were poor a place in the uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Cadpat_cowboy

have played twice before and loved it but the guns they rented were poor a place in the uk

Redhills is a great spot man, I play there regularly. I have played on a few sites but never found one as good IMO. the owners/staff there are all excellent and rules are enforced fairly and to everyone. Also if you want to buy a second hand gun ask down there I know one or two people there who buy and sell lot of guns. You will need to book in first generally done buy text 0872481246, they do a full day every Sunday and they can rent you everything you need(gun, Camo, face/eye pro and ankle protection). If you are going I would recommend a decent pair of boots that have ankle support.

As for shops to buy a gun I would only go to sg airsoft in dublin http://www.sgairsoft.biz/dublin/
    or airsoft Eire in louth http://www.airsofteire.com/. Airsoft Eire are great for quickly sending out deliverys. I can't speak highly enough of them as everytime I have used them over the past 2 years the service has been brilliant. There website is also very user friendly. I have never bought online from sg airsoft only in store and although they are smaller then other shops I have always found them helpful and honest about there products.

There is also Mia and hobby. Mia is in blanchardstown in north Dublin I haven't had great experience there so I won't recommend it.here is a link to there site http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/.
    Hobby are based in ballymonth in south Dublin, they have a great walk in shop and the staff are more then friendly. I am careful what i buy there bb's, gas and accessories yeah grand, I won't buy another gun off them as I didn't have great "luck" with an aeg I got when I first started out. Here is a link to hobby http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie/.

Most importantly to rember when you start and I wish I was told this is you don't need all the cool tactical **** the lads in the shops will try sell you. Put your money where you actually need it GOOD EYE PRO, decent boots and then a reliable primary.

This is all my personal opinion and you should if you can go check out each shop/site for your self. Hope this was helpful and let me know if you have anymore questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Welcome to the fun :)
    As said above,
    +1 on Eye / Face Protection, Good solid Comfy boots with ankle support, Then buy the most reliable AEG you can afford, the rest will fall into place as you go.
    Eye-pro comes in many different guises, so take your time looking and trying them out. Mesh and plastic are the choices. Personally I prefer plastic and have a few different Bolle ballistic grade types. The advantage I find is visual clarity, the disadvantage is they can sometimes fog.
    Boots, must be comfy, you are going to be wearing them all day. I would recommend good quality leather work boots with ankle support, especially if you are going to be playing outdoors.
    AEG style is down to personal preference. But buy the best you can, it will pay off in the long run. Our trusty M4s are about 7 years old now and other than routine maintenance and minor repairs are still going strong after years of play.
    Regarding clothing, starting out a plain dark hoody and dark jeans will be fine. You can decide on how you want to look as you get on with enjoying the game. But maybe a small suggestion when you get to buying, try get the bottoms with built in knee pockets for drop in knee pads, they can make a big difference.
    My own recommendations for buying;
    Bolle Glasses and Boots,
    O'Sullivan Safety, 12 Long Mile Road, D12
    Airsoft Equipment,
    Hobby Airsoft, 3B Ballymount Retail Centre, Upper Ballymount Road, D12.
    S.G. Airsoft, Charthouse Business Centre, 157-159 Richmond Rd, Dublin 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭dzzope

Just picked up a Revision Wolfspider for 50 bucks off ebay and it's the nuts.. clips come out a bit far but comfy and no fog yet.. (and I always fog up.)

These are "real steel" balistic googles BTW (rrp is over £130) and come with clear, tinted and "night" lenses.. so you always have spare too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement