Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag Rugby Jerseys

Options
  • 20-07-2017 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

I just wondered if anyone out there had experience with ordering custom rugby jerseys for a tag rugby team? Are there any companies you would recommend?

Many thanks!

A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭crisco10

We just got ours from O'Neills, they're fine. Custom made and not too expensive....

• Subscribers Posts: 40,995 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

You could be looking at €50 for a designed jersey, crested and shorts.

If you can find something on sale such as o neills or shorts direct, you can do it for a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

grlpwr wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I just wondered if anyone out there had experience with ordering custom rugby jerseys for a tag rugby team? Are there any companies you would recommend?

Many thanks!

A

We recently got these for our tag team. Nice kit for tag, very light and flexible, but we were warned to go up a size as they're very tight but if I was ordering again I would stick with your usual sizings! Bit too loose.

http://www.malleysport.com/rugby-jerseys/?share=180722

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

Where are your team playing OP? If it is an ITRA venue remember they only allow people to wear specific shorts. I'm not sure how likely it is for you to be called out on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Where are your team playing OP? If it is an ITRA venue remember they only allow people to wear specific shorts. I'm not sure how likely it is for you to be called out on it though.

It's very likely in Dublin. Basically ITRA banned any shorts that didn't comply to certain standards. Type of velcro, length of leg, fabric "stretchiness" etc.

The three companies that make legal shorts are:

OzTag Equipment Supplies (Australia tag organisation) - https://www.oztagequipmentsupplies.com/custom-sublimation

Stag Sports
    http://stag-sports.com/training--leisurewear/sublimation-range

and SAS (who I can't find a website for, but there **** expensive anyway).

So if you want to buy a whole package, I recommend one of those. OzTag stuff runs really big because apparently Australians are into kinda flappy gear. What you're really looking for is Subliminated printing. Which is where you get the full range of customization.

My team bought jerseys from a company called "terrasport" but have also used Banda is the past. Both were decent. The Elite Terrasport jerseys were very very heavy though, so not perfect for tag.

I play a lot of tag, and have a lot of jerseys from different manufacturers. So feel free to pm if you have questions or want me to send you pics.

• Advertisement
Advertisement