Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BJJ Gi for big guy needed

Options
  • 18-07-2017 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm starting BJJ soon and I need a gi but the problem is I'm 6'5, 27 stone and have a 52 waist.

Does anyone know what size gi would fit me comfortably and where I would get it?

Thanks all :)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

You've probably looked at size charts for some of the main companies and have seen that there are size A5 and A6 kimonos that indicate they will fit someone who is 6'5 or 6'7. But the recommended weight range for them will tend to be still short of what you weight (27 stone = 171kg/378lbs).

A Fuji in A6 is supposed to fit someone up to 300lbs, and they're a reputable brand, but I would mail first and run it by them to see if the jacket would work at all.

I googled options for very heavy BJJ players and the Gorilla Gear Silverback gi is mentioned a few places.

The do a B5XL size that is for 6' to 6'4 and will fit people who weigh up to 400lbs. It sounds like it might be a little short on you but I guess you'd at least have a jacket that fits your body.

It's pricy at $230 plus delivery from the US but you're into a fairly special size category I guess.

http://www.gorillagear.ca/bjj-gis/Silverback-bjj-gi

If you keep training and drop any weight then you might be into a regular A6 quite quickly and that would be a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Huza91 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm starting BJJ soon and I need a gi but the problem is I'm 6'5, 27 stone and have a 52 waist.

Does anyone know what size gi would fit me comfortably and where I would get it?

Thanks all :)

Have a look on Wolfhound Fightwear. One of the owners posts in the main BJJ thread and he might be able to give you the best size information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Hi, I am the aforementioned owner. We only have A4 at the moment but I could special order an A6 for you and do it to the size of the Gorilla gear with a bit of extra length on the sleeves/ pant legs? Cost would be €79.99 for a patched one or €82.99 for embroidered - both are white. I have an order in production so I could add it to it but I would need to know soon as it will be shipped next week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

RoboRat wrote: »
    Hi, I am the aforementioned owner. We only have A4 at the moment but I could special order an A6 for you and do it to the size of the Gorilla gear with a bit of extra length on the sleeves/ pant legs? Cost would be €79.99 for a patched one or €82.99 for embroidered - both are white. I have an order in production so I could add it to it but I would need to know soon as it will be shipped next week.

That's a ridiculously good offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭RoboRat

That's a ridiculously good offer!

BJJ for everyone! If we can help out, we will always do so :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement