Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you be ok with white Irish becoming a minority?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

incorrect, islam is integrating peacefully with western culture. there is an issue with islamic fundamentalists but the majority of islam is peaceful.

Islam-ic fundamentalism is part of Islam the clue is in the name...
    It will always be a part of it.
    Spiritual Islam is fine but it's only a small part of the religion,the majority is supremacist and political.
    Note I'm speaking about the ideology and not the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

AnGaelach wrote: »
    EotR has an estranged relationship with this concept of "evidence", your honour. Whenever he's asked to provide it, no matter the topic, he simply repeats what he said over and over again in the hopes you'll stop replying to him.

this is incorrect and inaccurate.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭AnGaelach

I used to live in an area in London where pretty much everyone was from a different corner of the earth, and I loved it. Suburban Dublin is so bland and boring to me. I'm glad I don't have to give a sh*t about immigrants or what colour people are, why would I, it doesn't affect me in any way.

If you enjoyed living in multicultural area, why not move to a multicultural area? A great many of us don't want to live in one, and forcing us to do so is going to cause a lot of resentment over time.

There are places you can move to if you like the multicultural aspect, you can go to London or Berlin or Paris or New York, but where am I to go when I don't want it? The answer is that there isn't anywhere for people like me to go, we're being forced into something we don't want and we're told it's our problem or we can just leave if we want - but where the fúck are we supposed to go? We only have one Ireland, you have many different places to go if you so wish.

Instead of you making a choice that impacts on both of our lives, why not make a choice that only impacts on yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Now I notice that a lot of posters are conflating colour and race. I guessing the OP brought up a question about colour while perhaps really referencing race given the background to his post.
    Also some posters are comparing Ireland unfavourably to the UK on the issue of race relations. Yes it has a great level of diversity which functions well up in some but not all respects....and Brexit occurred because of widespread fears about the new wave of immigration which is the strew that broke the camels back.. that's not generally contested. UKIP are now defunct as that was their drum and UK seems very confused indeed. I saw Blair taking about UK softening it's stance on free movement so as to get a better deal from Europe but that's not going to happen because that was the primary reason for the vote...the rest was just fluff to add some sense of respectability to it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Golfproam wrote: »
    Wrong again. Simply acknowledging the obvious. Islam does not, never has and never will integrate peacefully with Western culture.

They've been living in Ballyhaunis (the reason for this thinly veiled xenophobic thread) since the mid 70s, getting on for nearly half a century there.

I must admit, I haven't been able to find any statistics on beheadings or the number of homosexuals thrown from the rooftops. But if certain people in this thread are to be believed, I imagine it must be in the thousands, if not tens of thousands...possibly even billions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

The answer is that there isn't anywhere for people like me to go, we're being forced into something we don't want and we're told it's our problem or we can just leave if we want - but where the fúck are we supposed to go? We only have one Ireland, you have many different places to go if you so wish.

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. The vast majority of this country is still overwhelming white and Irish. There is no threat to "people like you", whoever that is, you are simply scaremongering about a threat that does not exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Golfproam

southstar wrote: »
    Now I notice that a lot of posters are conflating colour and race. I guessing the OP brought up a question about colour while perhaps really referencing race given the background to his post.
    Also some posters are comparing Ireland unfavourably to the UK on the issue of race relations. Yes it has a great level of diversity which functions well up in some but not all respects....and Brexit occurred because of widespread fears about the new wave of immigration which is the strew that broke the camels back.. that's not generally contested. UKIP are now defunct as that was their drum and UK seems very confused indeed. I saw Blair taking about UK softening it's stance on free movement so as to get a better deal from Europe but that's not going to happen because that was the primary reason for the vote...the rest was just fluff to add some sense of respectability to it all.
    Islam is not a race, it is an ideology.

fisgon wrote: »
    Nobody is forcing you to do anything. The vast majority of this country is still overwhelming white and Irish. There is no threat to "people like you", whoever that is, you are simply scaremongering about a threat that does not exist.

A threat that does not exist yet, but most certainly will because of the simple outright resistance of people like you to the idea that multiculturalism isn't wanted by a great many people. Do you think we can continue having Islam and Hinduism grow at a rate of 6% a year without any of the experiences in Europe or other countries?

We've already seen such changes in Ballyhaunis and Balbriggan, and the same is happening in Ballaghaderreen and likely a dozen other towns and villages and areas in the country.

You're delusional if you think we can replicate the policies of the continentals and the British whilst also somehow avoiding the repercussions of their decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Do you think we can continue having Islam and Hinduism grow at a rate of 6% a year

Do you think we can continue having no religion grow at a rate of 15% a year...

Maths is easy guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭NLC1072

I dare anybody to walk East London streets at night (Newham etc) and tell me the enjoyed the experience. Now that is a literal cleansing of the indigenous population right there.

I don't think I'd like to see that here.

I don't mind immigration, BUT it has to be done properly with integration and places not allowed to turn in to overseas nationalities ghettos.

Not racist, but I like to live in Ireland because I like the Irish - Long may it stay that way... and I'm English btw.

• Advertisement

dav3 wrote: »
    Do you think we can continue having no religion grow at a rate of 15% a year...

Maths is easy guys.

Yes because Islam's growth in Germany, Britain and France has totally slowed down and isn't still growing...

• Site Banned Posts: 96 ✭✭Sven Hassel

See how the whites are doing in South Africa and ask yourself if you want to be a white minority.

incorrect, islam is integrating peacefully with western culture. there is an issue with islamic fundamentalists but the majority of islam is peaceful.

Thanks for making me laugh. Europe needs Islam as much as I need a hole in the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

Jeez people trying to be so pc makes me sick, if you have a preference your automatically racist,

AnneFrank wrote: »
    Jeez people trying to be so pc makes me sick, if you have a preference your automatically racist,

A little diversity is ok but I want to live around my people, white Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

Golfproam wrote: »
    Islam is not a race, it is an ideology.

I never said it's a race.. what gave you that idea. And no its a religion/ideology like many of same. A certain section of it are lunatics but mostly they are peaceable people. That's my of experience of them both working and living in London and back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

How many future generations are you expecting to protect with your racist views?

So no problem with an indigenous population becoming a minority in the area?

If the fundamental aspect is not removable the the issue remains.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I don't know any of my neighbours so I couldn't care less where they are from

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

NLC1072 wrote: »
    I dare anybody to walk East London streets at night (Newham etc) and tell me the enjoyed the experience. Now that is a literal cleansing of the indigenous population right there.

I don't think I'd like to see that here.

I don't mind immigration, BUT it has to be done properly with integration and places not allowed to turn in to overseas nationalities ghettos.

Not racist, but I like to live in Ireland because I like the Irish - Long may it stay that way... and I'm English btw.

there isn't really anything you can do if people sell up and move out of an area, and others buy their houses and move in.
    AnneFrank wrote: »

nope. nobody is being pc as it's a myth and yeah, if you "prefer" (as in think) 1 group of people is better then another on the basis of the colour of their skin then that is racist.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

there isn't really anything you can do if people sell up and move out of an area, and others buy their houses and move in.

nope. nobody is being pc as it's a myth and yeah, if you "prefer" (as in think) 1 group of people is better then another on the basis of the colour of their skin then that is racist.

Waffle

A little diversity is ok but I want to live around my people, white Irish.

So you'd have a problem with Paul McGrath as a neighbour?

PC is not a myth. Thousand of white girls were raped and abused all across Britain and the police and social services dared not take action as the rapists were Pakistanis

And nothing wrong with wanting to live among your own kind. It's human nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

southstar wrote: »
    [...]

Yes, and skin colour ("white") and nationality ("Irish"). One can also refer to "Irish culture," of course, but culture changes even more rapidly. Irish culture today is much different than it was a mere 30 years ago, and even more vastly different than it was 100 years ago. Both nationality and culture are variables, not constants.

So you'd have a problem with Paul McGrath as a neighbour?

Don't know, I don't know what he's like to live beside. I still want the white Irish to always be the overwhelming majority in this country. It's human nature.

Regarding the first bit, when looking at who is entering an area if they don't have freedom of travel then you can control it. It would only be existing EU citizens and others with long term visa and such who'd get it.

For me the fear about this isnt about colour but nationality or moreso culture. Multiculturalism doesn't work and just causes problems, it either integrate into a culture or replace it. Having cultures side by side is asking for issues.

With the above in mind it is immigration rates and avoiding ghettos as the main weapons to maintaining the culture we have.

Don't know, I don't know what he's like to live beside. I still want the white Irish to always be the overwhelming majority in this country. It's human nature.

Well you're saying that those around you, you want them to be white. I have a cousin who's dad is black, born and raised here. You wouldn't want her living next to you? How come I couldn't care less what colour anyone is if it's my nature?

I have a cousin who's dad is black, born and raised here. You wouldn't want her living next to you? How come I couldn't care less what colour anyone is if it's my nature?

Nice story. I have friends from different cultures too. A little diversity is fine but the host culture should always be dominant.

Why don't you care? Because you are naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,946 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

If it ever happens we'll all be long dead so wouldn't worry too much.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Well you're saying that those around you, you want them to be white. I have a cousin who's dad is black, born and raised here. You wouldn't want her living next to you? How come I couldn't care less what colour anyone is if it's my nature?

Paul McGrath. Then the cousin's dad. Any sign of Morgan Freeman?

Advertisement