Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

atm with 10e

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

eeguy wrote: »
    Took 120 euro put of an ATM in Lisbon.

Got 24 five euro notes.
    Fat stacks.

You took all of Portugal's money!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Blanchardstown IoT

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Back in the good old days the ATM in the garage on the Howth Road (close to Killester) was known to give out €5's

It was always last chance saloon but if it worked, you felt like Denis O'Brien.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Pm sent.

Miserable so and so didn't even respond. :mad:

grass soup for dinner this arvo again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Ulster bank as said do them but the vast majority of the time they will have a little 'No €10 notes left' or something close to it. TSB ATMs is a better option but at the weekends they tend to run out faster than during the week. Not sure if that's because a lot of people take them out or just that they don't make many of them available to begin with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

nkav86 wrote: »
    Cash in hand is needed but thanks for the suggestion
    On the subject of tenners, I never understood why they aren't given out as easily, it's handy as hell when you've got like 17e on a Saturday

In dire need of a joint were ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

ED E wrote:
    In dire need of a joint were ya?

That's not something I go for, no!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Both BOI ATM's in IFSC give out tenners

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cropper1010

Piggy backing on this thread. Any one know of ATMs in Douglas, Cork that dispense 10 euro. Is it my immagination or are ten euros getting scare. Even shops are reluctant to give 2 tens for a twenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Piggy backing on this thread. Any one know of ATMs in Douglas, Cork that dispense 10 euro. Is it my immagination or are ten euros getting scare. Even shops are reluctant to give 2 tens for a twenty.

I've noticed that most machines I've been to lately - full bank managed machines rather than those little kiosk ones in garages etc - all have tenners in them. I got a big lump of cash out yesterday and instead of just giving it to me in fifties, it gave me twenties and tens as well in the mix.

I'm not in cork, but I'd say if you try proper banlk ATMs it'll be the same as Dublin and they'll all have them.

• Advertisement

Thanks good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Got money out of Ulster Bank ATM on Camden Street before and there was a tenner included. Remember it because I didn't think they dispensed them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

The atms do lodgements now as well.
    If you take out €500. Then lodge €490. You have your tenner.
    Your welcome.

Thats funny, if only I had 500
    I barely have a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

Ya get fivers in the ones in Germany. They'll also tell you in advance which denominations are available. If you request a large amount, you can specify high, low or mixed denominations.

Not like the moronic ones in Dublin.

Would you like a fifty?

Yes.

Sorry, no fifties. Here's your stinking card back.

does any atm in Ireland give out fivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Posted this originally in the banking thread but I figure this gets more visitors, so if you'll allow.... Does anyone know of an atm in Dublin that gives out tenners? Absolutely smashed and could do with it!

Is there a Supermarket where you can buy a pack of chewing gum and ask for 16e cash back ?

Genius, thanks i didnt think of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

I never understood this desire for tenners in ATMs. Is taking out a twenty really breaking the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Burial. wrote: »
    I never understood this desire for tenners in ATMs. Is taking out a twenty really breaking the bank?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Well, yeah if you've got less than €20 in your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Burial. wrote:

I cant see how anyone would want 20s. 50s just stack better in my wallet.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Well, yeah if you've got less than €20 in your account.

Another thing I don't understand. How could one have so little in a bank account. Even if you're a student that's just tragic. I'd be selling my ass on the streets if I'd that much (or little) in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The fees would rob you taking out €5 a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Another thing I don't understand. How could one have so little in a bank account. Even if you're a student that's just tragic. I'd be selling my ass on the streets if I'd that much (or little) in the bank.

Oh yeah, Same here, but some people seem to live day to day or week to week. I suppose it would depend on how you manage your outgoings. Maybe they're just very good with money and managing to survive on very little?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

You related to Aonghus?

@Burial

ATM charges:

AIB - 35c
    Bank of Ireland - 25c
    Permanent TSB - 0c

I am with Perm TSB so dont get charged atm fees

Day before pay day I could literally have 14 euro in my account that I cant access as atm doesnt dispense tenners

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Oh yeah, Same here, but some people seem to live day to day or week to week. I suppose it would depend on how you manage your outgoings. Maybe they're just very good with money and managing to survive on very little?

Yeah I remember in college after a night out the lads trying to scrape money together for petrol or a bus ticket home because they checked the night before and had something like €2.47 in their account. I'd laugh along but secretly I'd be shocked that they were so calm over it.

I'd recall at the start of the semester after paying fees, accommodation, food and buying new clothes and stationary I'd check the account and be conscious to take it handy for a while...still having more than enough money to survive a disaster mind you. I just don't see how people can be so lax and live what appears to be comfortable while surviving from one paycheck to the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

You related to Aonghus?

@Burial

He's related to Hitler if his responses in that obese/airplane seat thread are anything to go by.

Banned.

Advertisement