Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kablammo - it actually can happen!

Options
  • 11-07-2017 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

I have often heard people on about backfires so bad that they 'nearly split me exhaust in two' :pac: I've had many cars backfire over the years and the only consequence has been a bit of rusty crap coming out the tailpipe.

However as of yesterday I have U turned on my scepticism. Had on old ford down yesterday suffering from ignition problems. Would crank over when hot (which I forgot would have been pushing unburned fuel vapour down the exhaust) but not fire up. I swapped the suspect coil and needless to say I have now sorted the ignition problem!

Kablammo on the first turn! Similar in decibel to a shotgun

35722367401_ef8a395107_b.jpg20170710_162427 by Testa Calda, on Flickr

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Yikes, I hope there was nobody close to it. Looks like there might have been shrapnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Strangely enough something similar happened an old Ford of mine too.

But it just split the box along the seams. It was a 4.1 falcon

Advertisement