Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Third Party Extension

Options
  • 10-07-2017 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi 

I am 19 and planning to switch to you guys from my current insurer but I was just wondering if you need to have a fully comp or just third party, fire and theft to avail of the 3rd party extension?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Kieron

Hi 

I am 19 and planning to switch to you guys from my current insurer but I was just wondering if you need to have a fully comp or just third party, fire and theft to avail of the 3rd party extension?

Thanks
    Hi Madforthebike,

I am assuming you refer to car insurance. If your Certificate of Motor Insurance says so, we cover the policy holder on a third party only basis for driving any other private car which is not owned by you, your employer or hired under a hire purchase or lease agreement. We offer Third Party Extension on both Third Party Fire and Theft and Comprehensive policies. We do require the policyholder to hold a full E.U. licence.

The car does not have to be insured but it would otherwise have to be roadworthy. There is no restriction on the engine size. You can find the full terms and condition on page sixteen of our policy booklet. I have attached the below link to our policy booklet for your convenience.

https://www.libertyinsurance.ie/assets/Uploads/Private-Motor-Vehicle-Policy-Document.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kieran

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LovelySpuds

Hi 

Thanks
    Hi Madforthebike,

I am assuming you refer to car insurance. If your Certificate of Motor Insurance says so, we cover the policy holder on a third party only basis for driving any other private car which is not owned by you, your employer or hired under a hire purchase or lease agreement. We offer Third Party Extension on both Third Party Fire and Theft and Comprehensive policies. We do require the policyholder to hold a full E.U. licence.

The car does not have to be insured but it would otherwise have to be roadworthy. There is no restriction on the engine size. You can find the full terms and condition on page sixteen of our policy booklet. I have attached the below link to our policy booklet for your convenience.

https://www.libertyinsurance.ie/assets/Uploads/Private-Motor-Vehicle-Policy-Document.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kieran

Thanks for your reply. When I was looking at quotes earlier on I couldn't find anything regarding the third party extension, does this come as standard on all policies where the policyholder has a full license?

• Company Representative Posts: 23 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Kieron

Hi 

Thanks
    Hi Madforthebike,

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kieran

Thanks for your reply. When I was looking at quotes earlier on I couldn't find anything regarding the third party extension, does this come as standard on all policies where the policyholder has a full license?
    Hi Madforthebike, Generally speaking yes but terms and conditions do apply, so maybe give us a call before starting cover and we can say for certain. Thanks Kieran.

Advertisement