Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green gas pistol?

Options
  • 08-07-2017 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi just looking for a bit of information from someone that has a green gas pistol are they a waste of money in ireland or just better off going for co2? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

After several Green pistols and then moving to Co2, I would never go back to g.g.
    Co2 is far more reliable, especially when playing outdoors in the cold
    One canister would usually do me for the day, with several mag reloads, but if need be, I can change the canister in a minute and stay in game. The canister is small and compact so I'd keep one and the key held together with a rubber band inside a small velco pocket in my vest, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭bandit no1

K.Flyer wrote: »
    After several Green pistols and then moving to Co2, I would never go back to g.g.
    Co2 is far more reliable, especially when playing outdoors in the cold
    One canister would usually do me for the day, with several mag reloads, but if need be, I can change the canister in a minute and stay in game. The canister is small and compact so I'd keep one and the key held together with a rubber band inside a small velco pocket in my vest, just in case.
    Sounds alot better.Would you know is there a way to use a green gas mag and fill with co2? Thanks

No, not possible. They are two very different systems. When the Co2 cannister is empty you change the cannister, on GG you refil it like a lighter.

No, not possible. They are two very different systems. When the Co2 cannister is empty you change the cannister, on GG you refil it like a lighter.

Just looking into it there,looks like you can get a co2 adapter,which means you will probably have to swap out seals?

Why go to all that trouble, would you not just buy a Co2 pistol?

• Advertisement

Why go to all that trouble, would you not just buy a Co2 pistol?

Lol the pistol I want only comes in green gas,cant fit a co2 mag in it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

If you fill a GG mag with CO2 ( via adaptor) you run a real risk of blowing seals or bulging the mag itself rendering it useless.

Regarding green gas being ok in Ireland, yes it is provided you buy quality like Tokyo marui. TM is the best out there for pistols out of the box regarding performance and reliability.

thermo wrote: »
    If you fill a GG mag with CO2 ( via adaptor) you run a real risk of blowing seals or bulging the mag itself rendering it useless.

Regarding green gas being ok in Ireland, yes it is provided you buy quality like Tokyo marui. TM is the best out there for pistols out of the box regarding performance and reliability.

Would you have any knowledge of the we gas pistols? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Yes, they are crap. Buy the TM version.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cadpat_cowboy

thermo wrote: »

I would second this as I have a tmhk45 that has never missed a beat on me. I got the pistol in January and have gamed with it in our lovely Irish weather and even in cold ass day it will still preform brilliantly.
    There are some pistols that are both gg and co2. I ran the asg czp09 for awhile on both gg and co2 and even on good days it wasn't nearly as good as any tm I have tried.

• Advertisement

Thanks tm it is then :-)

Advertisement