Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know you feel old when....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

hard to get my head around the fact I work with people that weren't around for Nirvana!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

when you realise describing the 80's to your kids is the same as your parents telling you about the 1950's when growing up

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

When a housemate informs you that you're older than his old man. He was joking, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I had to explain to someone I worked with who OJ Simpson was.

I can also predict the weather quite well when I feel different pains in my body.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Jrop wrote: »
    When you realised The Prodigy's No Good(Start The Dance) is 24 years old

F*cking tune mate. Tune.

You know you're old when you remember people holding up TUNE signs.

You know you're really old when you can tell the time from a sundial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

When you start urinating more and ejaculating less.

When you make a noise while getting into and out of the car.

When the young wans call you a dirty auld perv instead of just dirty perv.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

When your Wife wants sex more than you do .

Dezekota wrote: »
    you realise you need to make a will????
    Everyone should have a will, you never know what's around the corner.
    law-order-seize_the_day-seize_the_moment-nasty_surprises-hidden_dangers-seizes_the_day-sjon218_low.jpg

When your Wife wants sex more than you do .
    but never your own wife. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Chester Copperpot

When you remember some Brazilian footballer making a cradle motion with his arms to signify the birth of his son and he is now a professional footballer himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭md23040

When TV series of your youth like "Space 1999" seemed so incredible and the year 1999 such a futuristic and exotic time concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

When you see some of the stuff that makes others here feel old and think 'whippersnappers!'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭blade1

When farting becomes a game of Russian Roulette!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I met a girl down in the pub a few weeks ago, couldn't remember her name. Knew her father's name though.

Oh, you're Ger's daughter.

She's only about 6 years younger than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

When someone you babysat is now a government Minister!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

nibtrix wrote: »

When someone you babysat is now an absolute roide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

nibtrix wrote: »
    When someone you babysat is now an absolute roide.

I can honestly say that these two situations did not overlap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Comfortable shoes,

Nothing tight clothing wise

Sleep is receding.

TV is just so boring. Faceache account deleted.

BUT.... planning trips away takes up all yer energy, but for a good cause.

Forget about anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Some of my good friends are grandparents......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Tazio wrote: »
    Some of my good friends are grandparents......

When you're a Grand parent with 3 grandkids.. and people call you "Granddad"..but you still like Techno..and fast jap cars..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

you know you're old when the kid from around the corner is Taoiseach

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

You've to go for a f*cking colonoscopy the week after next!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

When I bought my house at the age of 24, when everything was signed and sealed, the solicitor asked "So...would you like to make a will now?".

I got a bit terrified at the thought of it, so just said "No thanks. Not at the moment." In 2 months, my 20 year mortgage will be paid off. And I still haven't made a will!

I feel old when I remember that I got my first 2 e-mail addresses 26 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Some day soon, you will have to explain why the 'save as' icon is as it is...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You've to go for a f*cking colonoscopy the week after next!
    Ugh, me too! Fcuking dreading it. I'm sure those packets of stuff I have to add to water will also be so appetising the day prior! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

When Heighway61 Junior's school buddy pipes up "are you junior's grandad?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Grey pubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

When you're closer to 60 than 30.

When you remember the Falklands War and realise it's nearly the same time from now 'til then and from then until nearly the second world war. Only a couple of years now and it will be the same.

Jayzus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JkBKGttM_U

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭1874

Grayson wrote: »
    One can only hope. It's weird to think the music I listened to in college is now in the same classification as the music my parents listened to. ie. old.

If you want to feel old look at property prices and remember what they were like the first time you paid attention to them. I had a landlord when I was in college in 95 who sold the house we were in. He'd bought it two years earlier for 30k and was selling it for 37k. I remember him saying "This can't last, I'm selling whilst the prices are still high".

I remember going along with a relative around the same time to look at a house for about 40k. I was on less than 4k a year thinking, how that was a phenomenal figure.
    byte wrote: »
    Ugh, me too! Fcuking dreading it. I'm sure those packets of stuff I have to add to water will also be so appetising the day prior! :eek:
    Once you can keep the nausea at bay from drinking the stuff, you're fine, try to down it too quickly to get it over and done with could be a mistake, I tried some dilute able in mine
    dresden8 wrote: »
    When you're closer to 60 than 30.

When you remember the Falklands War and realise it's nearly the same time from now 'til then and from then until nearly the second world war. Only a couple of years now and it will be the same.

Jayzus.

Christ, Im not quite that side of the age thing, but I remember thinking how Gulf War 1 was a quarter of a century ago, but really while the differences have been huge since then, things have not changed as much in that time as they had in the 25 years preceding 1991.
    I remember seeing news updates of the war on teletext late at night (after tv went off), now thats a blast from the past

Advertisement