Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Seating Arrangements

• 21-06-2017 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I know it is A=Row 1, B=Row 2, AA=Row 27... but what way do the seat numbers in the row go go? Say I am sitting in section 301 is seat number 1 bordering Hill 16 or is it bordering section 302?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,932 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Seat 1 is in the middle.

Seat 14 or 15 is the aisle and it's 16 or so is the other side of the aisle.

They do this so that when you come out of the steps your section is both to your left and right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

daraghwal wrote: »
    I know it is A=Row 1, B=Row 2, AA=Row 27... but what way do the seat numbers in the row go go? Say I am sitting in section 301 is seat number 1 bordering Hill 16 or is it bordering section 302?

I think seating is numbered from left to right so seat 1 in 301 probably borders the Hill

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Seat 1 is in the middle.

Seat 14 or 15 is the aisle and it's 16 or so is the other side of the aisle.

They do this so that when you come out of the steps your section is both to your left and right.

So are all of the maps inaccurate then? They show an aisle between each section.

So are all of the maps inaccurate then? They show an aisle between each section.

they show the Blocks but they don't show aisles....it's just a border between blocks

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Riskymove wrote: »
    they show the Blocks but they don't show aisles....it's just a border between blocks

Oh ok. So is seat 1 closer to Hill 16 is e.g. section 304 or seat seat 16

• Advertisement

When you come out of the tunnel from the concourse to the seating area and go to your row, seat 1 is in the middle of the section to your right (if you are facing the pitch)

Seat 15 (or 14 I'm not sure) is right beside you at the aisle.

To set to seat 1 you will pass every seat from 15 (or 14) down to 2.

So seat 1 in 304 is closer to the Hill than seat 15 is.

The aisle is actually the middle of the section not the border with the next section

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wotausername

Cusack stand seating is 1-14 on one side of steps closest to hill 16, 15 and higher opposite side :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Laker04

Is it the same for the Davin and the Hogan, seats 1 - 14 to your right and seats 15-28 to the left of the aisle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭wotausername

Laker04 wrote: »
    Is it the same for the Davin and the Hogan, seats 1 - 14 to your right and seats 15-28 to the left of the aisle?

Same with the davin stand but I think in hogan stand seats 1-14 are on your left (closest to hill 16) and 15 and higher on your right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

does anyone know is upper cusack, row w, in around 704-705 any good??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

gercoral wrote: »
    does anyone know is upper cusack, row w, in around 704-705 any good??

W,x,y,z four rows away from the roof
    Bring your binoculars especially if it's hurling and a very warm jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭savic04

kala85 wrote: »
    W,x,y,z four rows away from the roof
    Bring your binoculars especially if it's hurling and a very warm jacket.

Upper Davin Stand ROW Y

is this the 2nd last row ?

Or is there YY

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Upper Cusack, Hogan and Davin goes from row a to z so y would be second last row

Lower hogan, Cusack and Davin goes row a to z then row aa to ww

savic04 wrote: »
    Upper Davin Stand ROW Y

is this the 2nd last row ?

Or is there YY

I think ww is the last row in the lower, but row z is definitely the last in the upper . I know because I watched the hurling all Ireland from it.

Better off in the hill in my opinion at 40 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭savic04

I think ww is the last row in the lower, but row z is definitely the last in the upper . I know because I watched the hurling all Ireland from it.

Better off in the hill in my opinion at 40 euro.

Have 2 Hill tickets but could have swapped for 2 Upper Davin but it's Row Y

savic04 wrote: »
    Have 2 Hill tickets but could have swapped for 2 Upper Davin but it's Row Y

Hold onto the hill your better off.

What rows are under cover in croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

got Lower hogan 333 Row X seat 5 for the Rolling stones

I understand these will be the middle of the row but will it be seat 5 going into 334 or 332 ???

Its really confusing and the gaa should invest in a proper interactvie seating chart ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Is there not an interactive seating plan on the Ticket Bastard website?

I think you can look up the seating plan there, even if you are not buying a ticket.

As you walk down the steps coming from the tunnel of 333, seat 5 will be on your left, closer to the Hill. You will still be in section 333. The tunnel just divides the section in half. Seats 1-15 will be on the left of the steps and seats 15-30 approx (depending on how many seats are in the row) will be to the right of the steps. You will not be leaving section 333, just by turning left or right to get to your seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Riskymove wrote: »
    I think seating is numbered from left to right so seat 1 in 301 probably borders the Hill

As someone whop was in seat 1 in 301 for the AIF I can confirm.

The aisles split the blocks in 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

What rows are under cover in croke Park

Technically around Row T. But realistically you'd be talking the Double letters ie. AA-BB-CC etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Block 335... looking to get as close to centre of pitch as possible.

Should I be picking seat 1 or 20?

stupid seating chart :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Been a few years since i was in Premium level

Do the seat numbers go the same up there ie Seats 14/15/16 on the aisle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Listened to the JMac podcast to see what was to be said. By god, I shouldn’t have bothered. It begins with Mattie Forde saying there are two big games this weekend - McMahon has to correct him and say there are 3. That’s the same Mattie Forde who said in an earlier podcast Wexford should have beaten Cavan in the League - that analysis had amazed me back then.

Then the same Kevin McGourty, who heavily tipped Antrim to beat Cavan, stating Cavan were in disarray after the League final and that Graham didn’t know what he was doing, reckons Gearoid McKiernan has carried a lacklustre Cavan team to this final on his back. He references big performances from Martin Reilly - has he even started a Tailteann Cup game other than the semi final where he went off injured? He also mentions that Paddy Lynch has allegedly disappeared into a hole in this competition. I thought his analysis couldn’t get much worse than a few months back when he clearly didn’t realise Conor & Cian Madden are different players. He kept saying Westmeath are favourites yet Finian Hanley eventually pointed out to him that if he bothered to check the odds, Cavan are.

McMahon then asks Aaron Prendergast about match ups in the game and his reply is he wouldn’t know and to ask someone else - as I expected, he doesn’t seem to have much of a notion outside of Dublin & Kerry.

Car crash from start to finish. All of the panel tipped Westmeath bar Prendergast whose main reason was that he better tip Cavan because nobody else had!

Mickey Graham should play the podcast on the team bus. If it didn’t motivate Cavan, nothing would.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

It is a pity you can't pick your exact seat in Croke Park, the only ground I've seen that so far is Healy Park. When I went to soccer games in England I always tried to pick a seat on the aisle so it is much easier to go to the toilet, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭pajoguy

For sections 332-336 the higher numbers are to your right when you enter the stand and face the pitch. For 301-331 the higher numbers are are to your left as you enter the stand and face the pitch.

Google maps have street view around the edge of pitch and you can zoom in and see the seat numbers.

www.aviewfrommyseat.com is also a good reference for views from different seats that people would have been in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,781 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Advertisement