Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marvel’s ‘Inhumans’ TV Series

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Foxtrol wrote: »
    But why would anyone think that wasn’t going to be the case?

Because the reason we were talking about it at all was someone asking if they'd show up in a film. We were explaining why the likely answer is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Because the reason we were talking about it at all was someone asking if they'd show up in a film. We were explaining why the likely answer is no.

But you linked the potential that they wont show up in a film or be mentioned in advance to a sign that Marvel is going against a claim of connectivity, which you completely took out of context.

Given the 2 seasons or so that AoS has given background to Inhumans I think it shows clearly that it fits in the general MCU. I’m sure the narrative will explain if/why it wouldn’t be on say the Avengers’ radar, even if it doesn’t specifically call it out.

But you linked the potential that they wont show up in a film or be mentioned in advance to a sign that Marvel is going against a claim of connectivity, which you completely took out of context.

Given the 2 seasons or so that AoS has given background to Inhumans I think it shows clearly that it fits in the general MCU. I’m sure the narrative will explain if/why it wouldn’t be on say the Avengers’ radar, even if it doesn’t specifically call it out.

How is what I said out of context? I gave specific examples of where the connectedness falls apart and then very specifically said it will probably show up in AoS, effectively the same thing you said.

They can give all the narrative reasons they want on AoS for why there's no Avengers aren't involved, it doesn't change the fact they almost certainly won't be because of larger, probably political issues that are beginning to haunt the MCU.

They might pay out for a Sam Jackson cameo or something like SHIELD used to do. That'd be nice :)

How is what I said out of context? I gave specific examples of where the connectedness falls apart and then very specifically said it will probably show up in AoS, effectively the same thing you said.

They can give all the narrative reasons they want on AoS for why there's no Avengers aren't involved, it doesn't change the fact they almost certainly won't be because of larger, probably political issues that are beginning to haunt the MCU.

They might pay out for a Sam Jackson cameo or something like SHIELD used to do. That'd be nice :)

You took the #ItsAllConnected out of context. The context of it isn’t that every narrative or even each show is going to be directly connected to each other so it is ‘kinda not true anymore’ because it was never true.

The examples you provided made less sense than the direction that Marvel went and would just be ramming in crossover for the sake of crossover. Your plan to add Daredevil to Civil War falls into this as in the MCU Daredevil is extremely underpowered when compared to the rest of the Avengers (aside from Clint and Blackwidow who the other Avengers were close friends with so wouldn’t want to intentionally hurt them) so he would have gotten his ass handed to him within seconds.

I much prefer how the big events that occur in the movies shape the television shows (eg Hydra taking over SHIELD or the political climate around the Skovia Accord) than have Luke Cage name drop Thor a few times.

Internal politics or not, once the narrative makes sense and the shows/movies fit into the rules/context of the universe I don’t think they should force crossovers unless they work.

You took the #ItsAllConnected out of context. The context of it isn’t that every narrative or even each show is going to be directly connected to each other so it is ‘kinda not true anymore’ because it was never true.

The examples you provided made less sense than the direction that Marvel went and would just be ramming in crossover for the sake of crossover. Your plan to add Daredevil to Civil War falls into this as in the MCU Daredevil is extremely underpowered when compared to the rest of the Avengers (aside from Clint and Blackwidow who the other Avengers were close friends with so wouldn’t want to intentionally hurt them) so he would have gotten his ass handed to him within seconds.

I much prefer how the big events that occur in the movies shape the television shows (eg Hydra taking over SHIELD or the political climate around the Skovia Accord) than have Luke Cage name drop Thor a few times.

Internal politics or not, once the narrative makes sense and the shows/movies fit into the rules/context of the universe I don’t think they should force crossovers unless they work.

I think you're missing my point. Internal politics HAVE more than likely have changed the likelihood of easy crossovers happening from Civil War on. In theory yeah, they could. In reality..?

The MCU is fractured in a way it did not use to be. Feige and Perlmutter hate each other, and the Inhumans were something he always forced on Feige. The Inhumans film was written off as soon as Feige got the creative control.

Regardless of any potential narrative reason to do so, it is likely there will be absolutely zero reference in the films because of this fracture. Up til Civil War, Perlmutter had the final say, so if he wanted the Inhumans pushed everywhere they would be. So, yes, sadly, the world is not as connected as it was. There is 2 camps in the MCU where there used to be one. Three, if you include Netflix (although I think it's probably more filming conflicts between two distinct teams rather than a deliberate blanking of the netflix characters). The level of inclusion in the films is likely to be far less than AoS gets (and I agree it manages that well, although it''s had its poor moments as a series).

Does this make for worse content? Probably not, it's not like the MCU was crap with Perlmutter in charge, he put the right people in the right place. Does it mean the status quo has changed? In all probability.

What I want to know is why no one is going nuts about the deliberate use of "it's all connected" in Logan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think its disappointing that a guy like Feige can knock mountains to make a deal with Sony to bring Spiderman home but can't sort out what seems to be a personal beef with an in house marvel guy to bring the likes of Punisher , Daredevil etc to the big screen

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AoS, Inhumans, The Defenders and The Avengers are all shooting as we speak right now it would be quiet easy to film scenes involving the TV, Netflix side of things for the Infinity War without without making public.

The scenes don't have to be huge just cameo pieces using Daisy & Coulson to link the Inhumans and the rest of the TV/Netflix MCU with the film MCU.

I think when the final battle happens we will see all the characters of the MCU myself.

I think its disappointing that a guy like Feige can knock mountains to make a deal with Sony to bring Spiderman home but can't sort out what seems to be a personal beef with an in house marvel guy to bring the likes of Punisher , Daredevil etc to the big screen

Unfortunately, the guy involved in the personal beef was one of the main reasons it was so difficult to sort out the Spider-Man situation for so long!

I'd love to know the real truth of the situation, but I suspect for the entire time this iteration of the MCU exists, we'll probably never find it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

000254980hr.jpg?w=2700

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

When I saw it first I dunno.. something didn't look great about it.

I dunno like .. the uniforms remind me of X-Men 1 & 2 so I'm thinking... film level outfits but this is gonna be a TV show so.. like.. maybe they're reaching too far. After thinking about it, I guess it's hard to judge a book by its cover. Maybe it's got a good budget and decent writers. Maybe that'll make the show. So I guess it depends. There's so many shows now though. Legion was well written but lost audience. Law of deminishing returns and all that. *deep breath* we'll see :)

• Advertisement

Slydice wrote: »
    When I saw it first I dunno.. something didn't look great about it.

I dunno like .. the uniforms remind me of X-Men 1 & 2 so I'm thinking... film level outfits but this is gonna be a TV show so.. like.. maybe they're reaching too far. After thinking about it, I guess it's hard to judge a book by its cover. Maybe it's got a good budget and decent writers. Maybe that'll make the show. So I guess it depends. There's so many shows now though. Legion was well written but lost audience. Law of deminishing returns and all that. *deep breath* we'll see :)

The first 2 episodes are being screened in Imax so I hope it has a decent enough budget to make it look good or the big screens will show every flaw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

God that photo looks BRUTAL though. I mean I know nothing about the comics so I'm not going to nitpick why this person looks this way and that person looks that way but. from (our) left to right:

Nobel Savage
    Surprised Ninja
    Angry Not-Wolverine
    Holding-a-fart-in-cheap-cosplayer (With no belly button)
    Obligatory One Dimensional Hot Chick
    Ramsey

September 1st release in Imax's

It feels like there's less in that than the photo they released.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,215 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Medusa in particular just looks horrible in that pic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

In slim defence of that photo, I've often found Entertainment Weekly photoshoots contrive to make their subjects look demonstrably worse than they do on-screen, or in promotional photos from the actual studios. Medusa looks terrible, but it could just be because of EW.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

The first 2 episodes are being screened in Imax so I hope it has a decent enough budget to make it look good or the big screens will show every flaw

I'd imagine they wouldn't have gone with any kind of cinema release in they don't think it could hold up.

Is it a worldwide release or just in the States? And is it IMAX exclusive - as in will only Cineworld in Dublin get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

pixelburp wrote: »
    In slim defence of that photo, I've often found Entertainment Weekly photoshoots contrive to make their subjects look demonstrably worse than they do on-screen, or in promotional photos from the actual studios. Medusa looks terrible, but it could just be because of EW.

Why would they do that?

It seems like you are saying they do it purpose, or do you mean they just incompetant so often it feels like it is deliberate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

new trailer.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given how shaky Agents of SHIELD started, I'd definitely be willing to give this a fair chance & not be too harsh, but the trailer leaves things looking fairly underwhelming...

That looks like a big misstep from Marvel for me.

Happy enough to give it a watch but, apart from Karnak, I don't really like the Inhumans anyway...

That trailer was weak..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

im willing to give it a chance.

all depends what way they go with it TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I think most of us in this forum will give it a look alright, but that was a very weak trailer. Iwan Rheon's accent might take a bit getting used to too, but he's clearly in for another mischief filled role.

I think they made a mistake not making this LOCKJAW and the inhumans tbh

I think they made a mistake not making this LOCKJAW and the inhumans tbh

Just have a Lockjaw show! Or a God damn Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel show!

• Advertisement

Even the poster is terrible.

MV5BMTU4MTU0MjEwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzYyNzk4MjI@._V1_.jpg

Advertisement