Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding present

Options
  • 22-06-2017 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭

I've a friends wedding coming up and I'm thinking of getting the groom a good bottle of Jameson. Its his tipple of choice so a nice bottle of one of their better whiskeys might be nice. I've a few friends who like whiskey so I can ask them what he likes.
    His future wife doesn't drink it so I'm thinking a nice bottle of red for her but that's where I'm stuck.
    I was planning on spending about €200, i guessing maybe €150 on a Jameson so about €50ish left over for the wine.
    Any ideas on what to go for? I don't drink wine at all so completely clueless.
    Thanks,
    red.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

.red. wrote: »
    I've a friends wedding coming up and I'm thinking of getting the groom a good bottle of Jameson. Its his tipple of choice so a nice bottle of one of their better whiskeys might be nice. I've a few friends who like whiskey so I can ask them what he likes.
    His future wife doesn't drink it so I'm thinking a nice bottle of red for her but that's where I'm stuck.
    I was planning on spending about €200, i guessing maybe €150 on a Jameson so about €50ish left over for the wine.
    Any ideas on what to go for? I don't drink wine at all so completely clueless.
    Thanks,
    red.

Get him the 18 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Get her more than one bottle so. Unless you tell her it cost €50 she might be peeved you 'only' got her one bottle of wine. Any good wine shop (as opposed to local supermarket) should advise you. If you could find out her preference for type of red, all the better. For instance I like a Rioja but wouldn't thank you for a merlot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lhlgm7

Jameson 18 year old is the way to go, that is around the €150 mark. One of the best whiskeys you will find for that price.

Then something like Brunello Di Montalcino for the red wine. That would be around the €50 mark.

Check out Molloys.ie for them

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm assuming you're in Cork? Call into Curious Wines, they can advise

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Rather than walking into Curious wines with little to no information you may as well just guess yourself.

Try to find out from someone that knows her some info on what wine she likes to drink.

As good as the lads in CW are their advice is only going to be as good as the info you give them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement