Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non alcoholic wine - any drinkable?

• 06-06-2017 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,388 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I see Tesco have a 0.5% Rawsons Retreat Cabernet Sauvignon in stock at €6.
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=295236840

Anyone tried it, or another almost alcohol free wine, and found it worth drinking?

At the moment if I've to drive or get some work done in the afternoon, I'd have cranberry juice with a red meat sunday lunch.
    So I'm looking for something that's more like real wine.

I can always stick with the cranberry juice if the reviews are bad...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭ Anika Old Rocker

There's a Torres red that's ok but the white is a little sickly. My favourite is the sparkling white Carl Jung that you can buy in most offies and Dunnes Stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I got given a bottle of Torres Natureo Muscat white as part of a press pack, but it's still sitting on the shelf, to be tested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

dudara wrote: »
    I got given a bottle of Torres Natureo Muscat white as part of a press pack, but it's still sitting on the shelf, to be tested

It was the others half's tipple of choice when pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 11 monaghanmen

There is a brand called light live. The white is a Chardonnay, red is a Cabernet Sauvignon and also a rose. They added a white and rose sparing to the range. They are not bad and about €8 per bottle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Registered Users Posts: 27,388 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Melendez wrote: »

Not yet I'm afraid... cranberry juice or alcohol free lager shandy still look like a cheaper alternative...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement