Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprenticeships!

Options
  • 11-06-2017 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I thought I would start a new chat on this topic as I am interested in finding out what people's opinions are and also what info everyone has on the subject. I am a little confused as to what form it will take and whether the option will be available in this autumn's recruitment drive....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I havent heard of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Goonerdee wrote: »
    I havent heard of this.

DCC Drew Harris mentioned it a few months when talking about the new campaign along with an online IST and shorter overall recruitment process.

I think he was just giving possible options they were looking at.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39504777
    Consideration is also being given to alternative entry routes into the PSNI, such as police constable apprenticeship schemes, DCC Harris revealed.

Mmm, I wonder why he would think that would work? Would it be for 16-18 year olds? I think the RUC had a cadet scheme for young people to join and learn about policing, a bit like the Army cadets only for older kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Odd idea indeed. Is it aimed at those without necessary educational requirements or those from minority groups?

Homer01 wrote: »
    Odd idea indeed. Is it aimed at those without necessary educational requirements or those from minority groups?

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2017/04/05/news/psni-produce-plan-to-get-more-catholics-into-force-988607/

If you read the last bit it looks like it will be used to target under represented groups.

• Advertisement
Advertisement