Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 years for ex-shinner

Options

Comments

Mrfrosty wrote: »
    I've no problems with what dowdall got but only because of the regancy is why he got 12.
    Hurley got what he deserved, also has Alexanders past con artistry been wiped?

Hurley deserved to be dealt with in accordance with the law.
    i'm not sure how you think waterboarding & torture is an appropriate punishment for anyone, but thankfully you're not a judge!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

ex-SF politician surely? Or at least that is what Mary Lou would have us believe. she distanced herself from him very quickly.

Still it would be interesting to see how an ex SF judge might have dealt with him? As all Judges are politically appointed. I'm guessing most of them are probably ex some party? But obviously they forget all that once they become judges. God forbid I would question the profession in any way. So maybe Mary Lou might have a point when she suggested he was "ex" SF. Obviously if our judges are anything to go by it's possible to leave ones past behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,243 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Farmer Ed wrote: »
    Still it would be interesting to see how an ex SF judge might have dealt with him? As all Judges are politically appointed. I'm guessing most of them are probably ex some party? But obviously they forget all that once they become judges. God forbid I would question the profession in any way. So maybe Mary Lou might have a point when she suggested he was "ex" SF. Obviously if our judges are anything to go by it's possible to leave ones past behind.

they probably could have given him tips.

jh79 wrote: »
    I think you should be more concerned about SF links to dublin drug gangs. Dowdall was quite open about his friendship with the Hutches.

Its a poor reflection when our youth have more fear of the likes of the Hutches than they have of the law. The battle is lost as soon as that happens. The whole thing is a joke.

they probably could have given him tips.

Well sorry to tell you but unless the system is changed. Its only a matter of time before you will have a SF minister appointing judges. That is simply the way it works .

• Advertisement

Well sorry to tell you but unless the system is changed. Its only a matter of time before you will have a SF minister appointing judges. That is simply the way it works .

and here was me thinking that it was SF policy that the political appointment of judges was stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

Its a poor reflection when our youth have more fear of the likes of the Hutches than they have of the law. The battle is lost as soon as that happens. The whole thing is a joke.

Well if SF want us to believe the IRA were not funding by taxing drug dealers they need to vet their members more carefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

And yet, SF still say that their 'alter ego' was legit, so how could a SF appointed Judge be balanced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Mrfrosty

bubblypop wrote: »
    Hurley deserved to be dealt with in accordance with the law.
    i'm not sure how you think waterboarding & torture is an appropriate punishment for anyone, but thankfully you're not a judge!

And he wasn't that's how he came into contact with dowdall, all his details are gone everything was it worth it for him (Hurley) nope he was a pawn used by AGS and he'll be left hang by AGS just like "joey the lip"

It's amazing how fast sinn fein had him gone from the party though.

LordSutch wrote: »
    And yet, SF still say that their 'alter ego' was legit, so how could a SF appointed Judge be balanced.

Well the way the law stands at the moment. If the Nazi party got in to power they could appoint their own judges. But obviously as judges have supernatural powers as we all know and can and should never be questioned as they have super human abilities. Obviously we could never in visage a situation where that might become a problem.

• Advertisement

And he wasn't that's how he came into contact with dowdall, all his details are gone everything was it worth it for him (Hurley) nope he was a pawn used by AGS and he'll be left hang by AGS just like "joey the lip"

i think you are a bit confused. Hurley never made a complaint to the police. they found the evidence used to convict dowdall while investigating him for something else.

i think you are a bit confused. Hurley never made a complaint to the police. they found the evidence used to convict dowdall while investigating him for something else.

Sorry your misinterpreting my post, bascially "the reason Hurley came into contact with dowdall is because Hurley wasn't dealth with by the law ie bike scamming."

"All Hurleys details are gone online everything has been taking down, a thank you from AGS?"

I know dowdall was raid because of help he gave with the regancy, he was ready to head to Dubai when arrested.

I don't know what you mean by 'his details are gone' ?
    And he wasn't a pawn, he was a victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

I think you should be more concerned about SF links to dublin drug gangs. Dowdall was quite open about his friendship with the Hutches.

there are no sinn fein links to dublin drug gangs. there was one man who happened to be in sinn fein once, who is no longer and hasn't been for a while, who is linked to a dublin drug gang.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

bubblypop wrote: »
    I don't know what you mean by 'his details are gone' ?
    And he wasn't a pawn, he was a victim.

Everything about Hurley is now gone!All previous scams, warning and news about him That's quite simple no?
    He was used as a pawn by AGS to get dowdall a maximum sentence because AGS couldn't get dowdall for anything to do with "The Regancy" Hurley was tracked down and begged, promised the world, moon and stars they'll protect him if he went ahead with his/a complaint of false imprisonment, waterboarding and threats, the iceing on the cake dowdall was a member of sinn finn but resigned again 13 feb 2015, 15 Jan 2015 alleged video was made.

Dowdall has got his sentence, that's that.

TIL: Sinn Fein shovel out their ****, unlike other partys or even AGS. :)

Everything about Hurley is now gone!All previous scams, warning and news about him That's quite simple no?
    He was used as a pawn by AGS to get dowdall a maximum sentence because AGS couldn't get dowdall for anything to do with "The Regancy" Hurley was tracked down and begged, promised the world, moon and stars they'll protect him if he went ahead with his/a complaint of false imprisonment, waterboarding and threats, the iceing on the cake dowdall was a member of sein finn but resigned again 13 feb 2015, 15 Jan 2015 alleged video was made.

TIL: Sein fein shovel out their ****, unlike other partys or even AGS. :)

gone from where exactly?
    Gardai may have been investigating Dowdall's links to organised crime, but while doing so, they uncovered a serious crime. And succesfully convicted the offender.
    job well done.

there are no sinn fein links to dublin drug gangs. there was one man who happened to be in sinn fein once, who is no longer and hasn't been for a while, who is linked to a dublin drug gang.

We know the ira had no issues with drugs given their links to FARC so it's reasonable to assume they funded their campaign by taxing drug delaers in the south.

He was used as a pawn by AGS to get dowdall a maximum sentence because AGS couldn't get dowdall for anything to do with "The Regancy" Hurley was tracked down and begged, promised the world, moon and stars they'll protect him if he went ahead with his/a complaint of false imprisonment, waterboarding and threats, the iceing on the cake dowdall was a member of sinn finn but resigned again 13 feb 2015, 15 Jan 2015 alleged video was made.

TIL: Sinn Fein shovel out their ****, unlike other partys or even AGS. :)

Why didn't SF get rid of him for his links to the Hutch drug gang?

Why didn't SF get rid of him for his links to the Hutch drug gang?

Their not all criminals, is my only reasoning, how about you?.
    Are you looking for a drugs angle from me?

Their not all criminals, is my only reasoning, how about you?.
    Are you looking for a drugs angle from me?

All i am saying is only an extremely naive person would believe that the IRA didn't profit from the drug trade , they were willing to work with farc rebels after all.

• Advertisement

All i am saying is only an extremely naive person would believe that the IRA didn't profit from the drug trade , they were willing to work with farc rebels after all.

I haven't disputed any of that with you, I know elements within have "branched out" let me say but to my knowledge not as an organisation to my knowledge anyway!(the IRA meaning the old guys not the new,p,c or any other gangs)

I haven't disputed any of that with you, I know elements within have "branched out" let me say but to my knowledge not as an organisation to my knowledge anyway!(the IRA meaning the old guys not the new,p,c or any other gangs)

So what happened to all their money , can you be certain that current members of SF do not have whatever was left?

So what happened to all their money , can you be certain that current members of SF do not have whatever was left?

Would you estimate an amount in euros if the Kinahans are worth a billion?

I can only guess maybe they were robbing each other, had big families,or shipped to the north for" the cause"

What is your take on it?

Would you estimate an amount in euros if the Kinahans are worth a billion?

I can only guess maybe they were robbing each other, had big families,or shipped to the north for" the cause"

What is your take on it?

The amount isn't important, it's who controls it. The overlap in membership between SF and the IRA means it is a reasonable assumption to make that current SF members and those deemed to be "good republicans" have access.

SF are the political wing of a now defunct terrorist group it is up to them to convince me that they are now clean. Their stance on the special criminal court is as self serving as you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The amount isn't important, it's who controls it. The overlap in membership between SF and the IRA means it is a reasonable assumption to make that current SF members and those deemed to be "good republicans" have access.

SF are the political wing of a now defunct terrorist group it is up to them to convince me that they are now clean. Their stance on the special criminal court is as self serving as you can get.

Labours problem with the SCC must be because they were all stickies eh?
    :rolleyes:

If there are drug dealers worth a billion and everyone knows that but can do nothing about it. It seams pretty obvious to me that we are fighting a losing battle with our war on drugs. Something needs to change here because our current plan for dealing with this problem is clearly not working. That's if we even have a plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The overlap in membership between SF and the IRA is so small now it may as well be non-existant. it is not a reasonable assumption to make that current SF members and those who are definitely good republicans have access to anything. sf don't need to convince you of anything as it is fact they are clean. their stance on the special criminal court, a court which is against and a subverting of democracy is a correct stance.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

We know the ira had no issues with drugs given their links to FARC so it's reasonable to assume they funded their campaign by taxing drug delaers in the south.

They wouldn't have needed to tax drug dealers. They were getting free weapons from Libya, thousands of Assault riffles, SMG's, GPMG's, Hand Guns, Revolvers, millions of rounds of ammunition, Military Flamethrowers, RPG7's, Single Shot Sniper Rifles, DShK Heavey Machine Guns, SAM's & tons & tons of Semtex, thousands of detonaters, anti-handling devices etc... plus £2million all for free.
    According to Brendan O'Brien there was actually an 'over-supply', especially regarding the AK-47s

Although the Eksund that got captured by the French Navey in 1987 was the largest shippment ever for the IRA. I don't know how many people know about the IRA Army Councils plan of "TET Offensive" constructed for Ireland, which was to take place around the late 80's. But they needed the whole 5 shippments to get to Ireland, the first four landed without problem but the biggest one the Eksund was caught, wjich conatined double the amount of stuff I mentioned already plus contained Military Mortars and a 106-Millimetre Cannons. And they need all 5 shippments to through with the TET plan, so instead they decided in 1988 to go back to a more intense campaign on the British mainland than ever before.

And then there was also all the help from the American Brigade, mainly from the Boston Battalion, D Company.
    Plus they also got help from the likes of the PLO, the Basque ETA, they got lots of help from people involved in Liberation struggles & the IRA & INLA supported people in Liberation struggles also, like carrying out reconnaissance missions for the ANC.

http://www.anphoblacht.com/contents/1106

So they didn't need to tax drug dealers. The wiped out the IPLO for being involved in drug dealing. I think it was just before the ceasefire they handed a priest £20,000 worth of Cannabis, thats not signs of an organization that need to tax drug dealers.
    And they were robbing banks also, which I think they called "revolutionary funding" or something to that effect,they also did the same thing in the 1920's as well and I think the Fenians did something similar also during the bombing campaign in the 1880's.

They wouldn't have needed to tax drug dealers. They were getting free weapons from Libya, thousands of Assault riffles, SMG's, GPMG's, Hand Guns, Revolvers, millions of rounds of ammunition, Military Flamethrowers, RPG7's, Single Shot Sniper Rifles, DShK Heavey Machine Guns, SAM's & tons & tons of Semtex, thousands of detonaters, anti-handling devices etc... plus £2million all for free.
    According to Brendan O'Brien there was actually an 'over-supply', especially regarding the AK-47s

Although the Eksund that got captured by the French Navey in 1987 was the largest shippment ever for the IRA. I don't know how many people know about the IRA Army Councils plan of "TET Offensive" constructed for Ireland, which was to take place around the late 80's. But they needed the whole 5 shippments to get to Ireland, the first four landed without problem but the biggest one the Eksund was caught, wjich conatined double the amount of stuff I mentioned already plus contained Military Mortars and a 106-Millimetre Cannons. And they need all 5 shippments to through with the TET plan, so instead they decided in 1988 to go back to a more intense campaign on the British mainland than ever before.

And then there was also all the help from the American Brigade, mainly from the Boston Battalion, D Company.
    Plus they also got help from the likes of the PLO, the Basque ETA, they got lots of help from people involved in Liberation struggles & the IRA & INLA supported people in Liberation struggles also, like carrying out reconnaissance missions for the ANC.

http://www.anphoblacht.com/contents/1106

So they didn't need to tax drug dealers. The wiped out the IPLO for being involved in drug dealing. I think it was just before the ceasefire they handed a priest £20,000 worth of Cannabis, thats not signs of an organization that need to tax drug dealers.
    And they were robbing banks also, which I think they called "revolutionary funding" or something to that effect,they also did the same thing in the 1920's as well and I think the Fenians did something similar also during the bombing campaign in the 1880's.

I hope the Priest didn't go on to become a high Priest?

• Advertisement

They wouldn't have needed to tax drug dealers.

while they may not have needed to, they still did.
    call it protection if you like, but if you were a drug dealer & you paid the IRA some of your money, then they allowed you to deal.
    those that didn't pay up, paid the price in other ways, kneecapping etc.
    the dissident groups still do it to a certain extent, just a hand me down from the IRA ways, if you like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement