Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islam and the progressive left?

Options
  • 13-06-2017 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

What's going on there?

Is it two fingers to the big bogey white man or just the turkeys voting for Christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Dafuq?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Now if you said Islamists and the progressive left then I think there would be a problem.

I think Muslims have every right be Muslims and hopefully they will experience an evolutionary cultural growth like Catholics did in this country in the last 20 or so years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Turkeys voting for Christmas, pretty much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

What about Islam and Progressive Rock?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Arghus wrote: »

Don't be silly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Sharia don't like it.

Don't be silly.

Progressive Jazz then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Ipso wrote: »
    Sharia don't like it.

Rock the casba...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

AllForIt wrote: »
    Now if you said Islamists and the progressive left then I think there would be a problem.

I think Muslims have every right be Muslims and hopefully they will experience an evolutionary cultural growth like Catholics did in this country in the last 20 or so years.

It's disheartening though when you see grown men lose the plot over a cartoon or a teddy bears name.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Muslims need their Woodstock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Us libtards won't be laughing when Europe is Islamified eh?

Or some such bollocks

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

They're more post-metal

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_(band)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

More worrying are treacherous cunts on the 'right' that have been colluding with some of the most vile death-cult strains of Islamofascism for decades and gifted us the utter mess in the Middle East and North Africa and blowback at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

More worrying are treacherous cunts on the 'right' that have been colluding with some of the most vile death-cult strains of Islamofascism for decades and gifted us the utter mess in the Middle East and North Africa and blowback at home.

Cnuts to the Left, Tories to the right..stuck in the middle with you..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Is progressive Islam and the right a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Wailin

AllForIt wrote: »
    hopefully they will experience an evolutionary cultural growth like Catholics did in this country in the last 20 or so years.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tiger55

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭tiger55

Beyondgone wrote: »
    Turkeys voting for Christmas, pretty much.
    Its total madness.  You see banners and people on Twitter saying stuff like "LGTB stand will refugees" etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

tiger55 wrote: »
    youtube.vid

Posting videos of youtube 'personality' kranks isn't an argument. Make the point without posting a fanboy link.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ipso wrote: »
    Sharia don't like it.

Is that Sharia Twain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭AnGaelach

What's going on there?

Is it two fingers to the big bogey white man or just the turkeys voting for Christmas?

I think it's some kind of neurosis by the Left to categorise everybody as helpless hapless creatures that need their protection. Certain elements of the Left have gone so far into their delusions that they seem to believe minorities to be, essentially, children needing their hand and their care.

Whilst some on the Left no doubt see it as merely an electoral ploy to get votes, I believe a great many of them are quite fanatical in their belief. Fanatical to the point of double-think.

For example, in Sweden the SD (a right-wing party) was demonised for trying to organise a gay pride march because it went through a Muslim area... Think about that for a second. The Left denounced a gay pride rally because it went through a Muslim area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

AnGaelach wrote: »
    For example, in Sweden the SD (a right-wing party) was demonised for trying to organise a gay pride march because it went through a Muslim area... Think about that for a second. The Left denounced a gay pride rally because it went through a Muslim area.

Umm.

We live on an Island where Catholics up north denounce members of the same religion (Christianity) for going through their area.

Here's a thought - maybe it's just common sense and common decency not to antagonise and wind-up a community for no reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭AnGaelach

Umm.

We live on an Island where Catholics up north denounce members of the same religion (Christianity) for going through their area.

Here's a thought - maybe it's just common sense and common decency not to antagonise and wind-up a community for no reason?

I don't remember the gays oppressing Muslims in Sweden.

Trying to draw such comparisons is intellectually dishonest at best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

What's going on there?

It's Regressive Left, not Progressive Left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I think it's some kind of neurosis by the Left to categorise everybody as helpless hapless creatures that need their protection. Certain elements of the Left have gone so far into their delusions that they seem to believe minorities to be, essentially, children needing their hand and their care.

Whilst some on the Left no doubt see it as merely an electoral ploy to get votes, I believe a great many of them are quite fanatical in their belief. Fanatical to the point of double-think.

So they are condescending, patronising Racists then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Like other viewpoints concerning people of that ilk, feelings seem to prevail over facts. In the US, the image of a burqa among certain groups has become some kind of a symbol for Women's rights and the leader of various Women's rights marches, Linda Sarsour, is an advocate for Sharia law.

I would imagine they were "demonised", as you say, because they were being knowingly antagonistic towards one group they oppose, by piggybacking on the advocacy of another group they oppose marginly less, because it temporarily suited their political agenda - let's not pretend they honestly cared deeply about Gay Rights. I suppose you could class it as textbook doublethink from that particular outer fringe of right wing politics - if it wasn't so fundamentally cynical and attention seeking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I find it insulting to equate certain views as so-called 'left' or 'right'. I think most people are a mix of different views. With regard to wannabe Blofeld or Max Zorin types who have crazed views to take over the world and commit mass murder: it does not matter if they are Muslims, Christians, atheists or whatever. They are evil criminals and totally deranged, they are also conmen and what they 'promise' the gullible who follow them blindly are all lies. ISIS/al Qaeda is the CURRENT 'Islamic' version but in the future we will see these types rear their ugly head again in both religious (Islam and other forms) and atheistic ways. Sadly, evil toerags exist and they are not confined to any one race or creed. Sadly, the 'ISIS idea' is harder to kill off than the current 'Muslims' using this idea. Sadly, the kamekazi and others put this horrible idea on the map and sadly America put the idea of bombing 2 cities with nuclear bombs on the map (or off the map as it may be). Khmer Rouge, Hitler, Stalin, Breivik, etc. All this madness is repeated all the time by all types. Sadly, others copy all this evil and it is all evil no matter if it is done by 'religious', 'atheists', 'da left' or 'da right'. Whatever the latter 2 things mean.

Advertisement