Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How thick are some people?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Homeopathy.

One of my favourites is Arnica. Apparently amazing for reducing inflammation and pain relief. Doctors advise not to use the oil when pregnant but are fine with the tablets because there isn't enough arnica in them to affect anything at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Homeopathy.

One of my favourites is Arnica. Apparently amazing for reducing inflammation and pain relief. Doctors advise not to use the oil when pregnant but are fine with the tablets because there isn't enough arnica in them to affect anything at all.

Yeah always personally loved the way homeopathy claims "No side effects".

They forget to mention "no EFFECTS" though :)

NIMAN wrote: »
    I do despair at times.

Any other examples?

All that said however, I do personally love this one. I wish I had thought of it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Animal physic must be a plum job.

Yes... I've made contact with someone..... he says woof.... does that ring a bell?

Oh sweet Jesus (Wept) yes.
    My dog Rover had a bell on his collar when he died .............

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Kivaro wrote: »

Yes... I've made contact with someone..... he says woof.... does that ring a bell?

Oh sweet Jesus (Wept) yes.
    My dog Rover had a bell on his collar when he died .............

Rovers dead ?
    Had he got a wet nose and four legs ?

I might be able to contact him for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

me_irl wrote: »
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Adolf Hitler.

6 posts in and we've already had the obligatory reference to 1. Donald Trump and 2. Adolf Hitler.

The topic is irrelevant, it always come back to the staples.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

I did see a woman spend the bones of 20 seconds today trying to push open a pull door.

It had the word pull on it.

She even stopped for a second, cupped her hands and looked into a very well lit shop with people obviously milling about, and proceeded to try and push it open again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I'm working in the same place for the past 15 years or more. The door pulls open - at least once every 5 or 6 weeks i'll almost walk into the damn thing when I try to push it open in the morning!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

mzungu wrote: »
    Anti-Vaxxers.

Conspiracy theorists.

I'm working in the same place for the past 15 years or more. The door pulls open - at least once every 5 or 6 weeks i'll almost walk into the damn thing when I try to push it open in the morning!:D

Back when I worked in an Esso in Cork (long time now) I walked into work and walked solidly and confidently into the automatic glass door that did not open with quite a bang.

Sounds like an easy mistake to make, many people have walked into automatic doors that do not open.

Alas in this case though I was the one who was opening up and it was me who was meant to open the door and "activate" it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I've worked with a few gob****es over the years. I once asked a guy for an empty box. He said an empty box of what?

Another guy was messing with one of the girls and he asked her for a kiss. She said I don't kiss gorillas, especially hairy ones.

The same girl was having a chat with another girl. One girl said she lives in a bungalow. The other girl asked, is it a one story or a two story bungalow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

These same people type "amen" to help some poor kid with cancer. Or they type "3" to see what happens next. Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

"ooh look, the pilot managed to land the plane (as s/he has done hundreds and hundreds of times previously) lets all clap wildly"

In fairness, flying is a near death experience for some people, and when the pilot lands the plane it's like someone just saved there life from certain death. I would buy the pilot a card and bottle of wine/chocolates every time if i could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I was in McDonalds years ago with a friend of mine, she said to me, ''how much is a two euro meal?'' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

JRant wrote: »
    Similarly I think being intelligent and sometimes even ABOVE average intelligence can leave one prone to infection by stupid ideas. Not always mind you, but often.
    I think overestimating the intelligence of certain people is what leads to a lot of conspiracy theories. "But he is the top of his field in physics", just because he was good at sums doesn't mean everything else he believes, like ancient aliens, isn't complete horse shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

In fairness, flying is a near death experience for some people, and when the pilot lands the plane it's like someone just saved there life from certain death. I would buy the pilot a card and bottle of wine/chocolates every time if i could.

There's part of the problem. It's their job! And they hardly fly it, it's all computer controlled now, so, well done computer for flying the plane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

There's part of the problem. It's their job! And they hardly fly it, it's all computer controlled now, so, well done computer for flying the plane

Why is there a need for 2 pililots on every plane then? I think you should show pilots a little more respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Why is there a need for 2 pililots on every plane then? I think you should show pilots a little more respect.

There probably isn't for most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

thats why i dont eat friggin lobsters because they're alive when you kill it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I was in McDonalds years ago with a friend of mine, she said to me, ''how much is a two euro meal?'' :pac:

And a quarter pounder is 25p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

NIMAN wrote: »
    I do wonder how some people manage to look after themselves and get through life.

Two examples recently:

1) All those who thought it was a good idea to get into their cars and drive to Knock to see the Virgin Mary appear. And then actually believe that the sun was her.

2) Someone asking for recommendations for a good animal psychic, because I assume they want to communicate with their dead pet?

I do despair at times.

Any other examples?

Those that believe that we are controlled by Lizard People.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

Suggesting that we link this with the 'Fianna Fáil forgiven and forgotten' thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

mosstin wrote: »
    Suggesting that we link this with the 'Fianna Fáil forgiven and forgotten' thread.

Or the next general election results thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

mzungu wrote: »
    Anti-Vaxxers.

yeah hold on while I inject my kids with something because the lizard people said it's good for you. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Just posting to say everyone on this thread is above average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Latest phone scam doing the rounds is from a Dublin number saying they're revenue, and that you owe thousands in arrears. Fair enough, you may fall for that if it sounds legit, but they're being asked for payment in iTunes vouchers. :rolleyes:

Think in Pavlov's experiment, the bell ringing was followed by the woof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Saw someone on Facebook once who had shaved her head (and posted photos of same) "so I know what it feels like to have cancer". Rrriiiggght. And are you going to go through with the associated treatments too? Remove your eyelashes and eyebrows? Ya know, to really get the full experience. And does this mean that any man who decides to shave his head once he starts going bald also knows what it's like to have cancer? Wow, this head-shaving malarkey is multi-functional!

And of course, people were lavishing her with praise for her "bravery". What a slap in the face to anyone who has struggled through gruelling cancer treatments, especially anyone who is going to die from it anyway, despite getting medical attention. Muppet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Murrisk wrote: »
    Saw someone on Facebook once who had shaved her head (and posted photos of same) "so I know what it feels like to have cancer". Rrriiiggght. And are you going to go through with the associated treatments too? Remove your eyelashes and eyebrows? Ya know, to really get the full experience. And does this mean that any man who decides to shave his head once he starts going bald also knows what it's like to have cancer? Wow, this head-shaving malarkey is multi-functional!

And of course, people were lavishing her with praise for her "bravery". What a slap in the face to anyone who has struggled through gruelling cancer treatments, especially anyone who is going to die from it anyway, despite getting medical attention. Muppet.

I've seen some idiotic attention seeking stuff but this takes the biscuit. As someone who has lost a family member to cancer, what they've done is sickening to be honest, I hope someone called them out on it

Advertisement