Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irelands far left immigration policy is covered with blood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Pkiernan wrote: »
    The far left have blood on their hands once more.

Our leftist guilt ridden feel good policies mean that terrorists are basing themselves here now.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/rachid-redouane-stayed-in-britain-through-eu-residency-card-granted-in-ireland-after-being-denied-asylum-35795252.html

That article says nothing of the sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

The far-left have never held political power in this country.

As I understand it,the article refers to the "Stamp 4 EUFAM" which allows residency in some circumstances for a family member of an EU national.By all means we should have a discussion around that,rather than using a tragedy to have a pop at the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

The far-left have never held political power in this country.

As I understand it,the article refers to the "Stamp 4 EUFAM" which allows residency in some circumstances for a family member of an EU national.By all means we should have a discussion around that,rather than using a tragedy to have a pop at the left.
    And the EU national in question is a British citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

Ireland isn't far left. It might be ashamed to vote what it really believes because it wants to be a 'good' european but that doesn't make it far left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Who are the far left, and how did they have influence on Ireland's and Europe's immigration policies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,901 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Who are the far left, and how did they have influence on Ireland's and Europe's immigration policies?

Joe Higgins, Ruth Coppinger, Clare Daly, Paul Murphy, Brid Smith, Joan Collins, Richard Boyd Barrett etc. They didnt. The original post is just a nonsense anti immigrant rant with no facts at all to back it up.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Pkiernan wrote: »
    The far left have blood on their hands once more.

Our leftist guilt ridden feel good policies mean that terrorists are basing themselves here now.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/rachid-redouane-stayed-in-britain-through-eu-residency-card-granted-in-ireland-after-being-denied-asylum-35795252.html

Once more? Mind listing the other times or are you just copying sensationalist click bait style writing to get a reaction. Giving this precedent, can we blame the the conservatives of Ireland on all the deaths on our roads?

Anyway, the only people to blame for the terrorist attacks across Europe are those who carried them out and influenced the attackers.

So, by all means, drop the pitch fork OP. There's a good chap.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

OP, please back up your claims in future and read the charter re: standards and giving a substantial contribution before opening any other threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement