Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish gov co-operation with GB on last weekend's events could bring war here

• 06-06-2017 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Long passport checking delays at Irish airports from other EU airports – why?

I have noticed that every passport – be in Irish, other EU or ‘foreign’ is being scanned at Irish airports of late, which leads to long lines before getting to the baggage hall and outside.

Could this be something to do with Brexit, and the so called ‘common travel area’, I ask myself? Has T May (who has been a key controller of Britain’s secret police system for seven years, and now the country’s PM (at least until the election), twisted the arm of Ireland’s immigration control system to launch big data against Irish citizens and others. And if so, is Ireland providing the ID of people travelling to Ireland (and thus the so called ‘common travel area’) to GCHQ and MI5 as a result of this scanning process? During May’s reign as chief of the police state in Britain, it has become the world capital of surveillance cameras in public places.

May was quoted in the Irish Times on 5.06.2017 “Far too much tolerance of extremism”. Looking at that so called ‘united kingdom’ from a distance, it seems to me that ‘united’ is a misnomer and about half the people in the country voted to leave the EU because non-remain portion of voters are largely extremists and racists, of one sort or the other. They don’t appear to have voted to leave the EU because of free trade. The majority of the population which Mrs May represents don’t like brown people or fellow Europeans.

Has it been of any benefit? While one deplores the recent acts in London and Manchester, among others, the Brexit referendum has shown that +-n% - a majority of the British people are probably racists – who can’t even put up with whom they should be regarding as fellow Europeans, living and working among them. Ireland should be doing everything possible to disassociate itself from this evil thinking. Or else Ireland risks turning into Belgium – a country that was considered Arab friendly, until they started assisting a neighbouring country with intelligence etc.

And as in France, there are a lot of people who are of the Islamic faith living in Britain and in most cases are British subjects. The people who did these appalling deeds both in France and GB are ‘locals’ for the most part – as in passport holders of their respective countries of birth/residence. Instead of calling them ‘Terrorists’ – a word hyped up, if not created by Margaret Thatcher, (to Include Irish people), back in the day, May should perhaps think of these people as ‘instruments of radical payback from colonialization and abuse’ or IRPCAs.

Belgium generally has a good relationship with these people and one suspects that the Brussels airport attack was caused by Belgium helping France catch people allegedly responsible for the attacks in Paris and Nice. Which is a lesson to all neutral countries within and external to the EU – do not provide assistance to former colonial states – even if they are fellow EU members. They crated the problem and let them sort it out – we did not sign up for an EU of state terrorism where member states could use public funds to bomb the hell out of Middle East and other areas. The EU should not allow itself to develop into a EUTS – European Union Terrorist States. There is no mention of it for example in the Treaty of Rome.

Ireland should not risk Irish residents/visitors to revenge attacks from any source which might arise by providing information feeds or any other help to countries with a history of colonialism or slave trading. Ireland is supposed to be a neutral country. Neutral implies not taking sides. This implies not taking sides in conventional wars as well as modern big data/telecommunications wars. The so called ‘five eyes’ (GB, US, AU, NZ and CA) are a nasty bunch. (And I am not referring to the citizens thereof) – many of the politicians and public ‘services’. Racism against brown people and others is endemic. Hence Trump’s victory in the US and May in GB. Both countries spending several trillion EUR in this warfare.

Switzerland has had no colonial history. Zurich has created an emergency exit route signage system on the streets in the city centre – probably for natural disasters, major fires, accidents etc. The signs are backed up by a computer system to facilitate the Zuri polezi to instantly react to an emergency. They use the same European emergency signs as are used in buildings https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/43/Rettungsweg-Links.svg/320px-Rettungsweg-Links.svg.png

Listening to feedback from potential victims in the London event on the radio, it seems to me that British and French cities need emergency escape signage in city streets – far more than neutral Switzerland.

A few weeks ago I had to wait one hour to ‘enter Spain’ supposedly a fellow EU country to have my passport scanned. While there was one EU/EEA passport desk, the full load of passengers from two A-380s (coming from the Middle East) were competing with me to get through the system at Barcelona airport.

Big data and passport checking is aspirin for a toothache. It does not fix the problem as we found out with Northern Ireland. In fact, the easy way that Northerners can up to now travel south and v-v via the E01 / M1 has made most people up there wishing that there be no hard border.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/may-s-call-for-more-control-of-internet-misleading-and-misguided-1.3107695

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/man-held-in-limerick-over-documents-link-to-london-attacker-is-released-1.3109468

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,847 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

TLDR

Doesn't matter if we help the UK, or the USA or any other country, we are a target because we are a Western country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Impetus

Del2005 wrote: »
    TLDR

Doesn't matter if we help the UK, or the USA or any other country, we are a target because we are a Western country.
    Not really. Ireland has a name for good relationships around the world. So did Belgium, especially French speaking Belgians. Ireland will be treated as a 'western country' rather than a neutral country, if Ireland cow tows to Mr (sorry Freudian slip) Mrs May and her predecessors going back to Margaret Thatcher and earlier. You can go back nearly a 1000 years, and won't find another country that has done more damage to the world than GB. I have no problem with most British people and condemn the atrocities. But it is not in the Treaty of Rome that we facilitate the tail risk of for example the war against Iraq - in which probably 1 million people needlessly died. Weapons of mass destruction lies etc. The real objective was oil supply, and they lost on that front too (the West).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

A 1000 years ago Britain were invaded themselves, by the Normans. The concept of a Great Britain emerged in the 18th century, almost 800 years after this fact. This just reads like another British bashing thread in my opinion.

The whole oil thing was a red herring, I love it when people say that and then provide zero proof to back this up. Remember, the US spent over $1 Trillion in Iraq, and it was apparently about plundering oil.

As to why if Ireland will be a target, Islamists will find any reason to target a nation. They could use Shannon of course, but if Shannon wasn't there, they would pick something else. Islamists regularly attack Coptic Christians in Egypt, I am not sure if Coptic Christians have done much to insult or facilitated the bombing of Islamic countries. The argument that if 'we' were just a bit nicer to 'them', they would stop killing us rings false.

markodaly wrote: »
    A 1000 years ago Britain were invaded themselves, by the Normans. The concept of a Great Britain emerged in the 18th century, almost 800 years after this fact. This just reads like another British bashing thread in my opinion.

The whole oil thing was a red herring, I love it when people say that and then provide zero proof to back this up. Remember, the US spent over $1 Trillion in Iraq, and it was apparently about plundering oil.

As to why if Ireland will be a target, Islamists will find any reason to target a nation. They could use Shannon of course, but if Shannon wasn't there, they would pick something else. Islamists regularly attack Coptic Christians in Egypt, I am not sure if Coptic Christians have done much to insult or facilitated the bombing of Islamic countries. The argument that if 'we' were just a bit nicer to 'them', they would stop killing us rings false.

Both my parents are of Norman extraction. The Normans civilized southern England and most of Europe and created Windsor castle and the idea of a national royal family system in England. They kicked the Arabs out of Malta and Sicily. In Ireland the Normans were regarded as more Irish than the Irish themselves. They changed from speaking Norse to French in Normandy, and French is now the main language of Norman culture. Even in Cork, the family crests on the gates to Fota island are in French.

Unfortunately the anglos and saxons took over the royal family system, and have created a very racist political system. It still holds today - eg in former East Germany cities like Leipzig in Saxony have a huge problem of racism and demonstrations. If you travel south to Bavaria or Baden-Württemberg, Germany is a very civilized country in these lander. Munich airport outshines most European airports for quality of restaurants and shopping, and is among the best airports in the world (ie T2). Because the inhabitants of these lander are of Frankish Norman origin. Northern Italy is largely of Norman extract, and is almost like Switzerland in its efficiency. This is not to say that I don't love Sicily and the quality of its food and wine (but the Normans have been there too in another era).

So called 'terrorism' is a reaction of poor disenfranchised people to attack. Babies don't emerge from their mother's womb 'born terrorists'. It is their experience in life that tends to change their outlook. And while terrorism is not a solution to the problem, it is up to high minded states people to get the entire population to rise above the thought. Unfortunately I don't see that is May or Trump.

When the Queen of England approves each 'bill' into an act of parliament, (under their 'common law' system - no longer in use in most of the world aside from GB and IRL and some states/provinces in US and CA) the approval is said out loud in French. Normandy and the rest of France as virtually all of Europe (including Malta) uses civil law, as does Latin America, Russia, China, etc. Under civil law, if a newspaper is found guilty of libel, they get fined - say EUR 15'000 or equivalent - and you report the matter to the police. In Ireland if you get libeled, it often turns into a big money opportunity for lawyers and sometimes the plaintiff, like whiplash in car accidents. Fake law.

The Angles (Anglos) and Saxons have been in power for many centuries in GB, yet they approve laws in French rather than German or English! When Trump was in Taormina for the G-7 last week he spoke in French to every leader except May - to whom he spoke in English. The French, and Canadian Taoisigh are native French speakers - add in Tump, and French was the majority language. The Japanese and similar couldn't care less. They had translators, and any Japanese person I have come across in France has spoken to me in French, not English. Asians are very good at languages, and I have yet to come across a racist Asian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Impetus wrote: »
    Not really. Ireland has a name for good relationships around the world. So did Belgium, especially French speaking Belgians. Ireland will be treated as a 'western country' rather than a neutral country, if Ireland cow tows to Mr (sorry Freudian slip) Mrs May and her predecessors going back to Margaret Thatcher and earlier. You can go back nearly a 1000 years, and won't find another country that has done more damage to the world than GB. I have no problem with most British people and condemn the atrocities. But it is not in the Treaty of Rome that we facilitate the tail risk of for example the war against Iraq - in which probably 1 million people needlessly died. Weapons of mass destruction lies etc. The real objective was oil supply, and they lost on that front too (the West).
    Wtf are you on about? Belgium was the most ruthless colonial power of all! You just wanted to create a parallel to the Irish/UK relationship, but failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

What will bring the war (as you call it) here is a bunch of crazy Muslim extremists.
    Irelands laissez faire attitude to rampant uncontrolled immigration won't help matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Impetus wrote: »
    When the Queen of England approves each 'bill' into an act of parliament, (under their 'common law' system - no longer in use in most of the world aside from GB and IRL and some states/provinces in US and CA) the approval is said out loud in French. Normandy and the rest of France as virtually all of Europe (including Malta) uses civil law, as does Latin America, Russia, China, etc. Under civil law, if a newspaper is found guilty of libel, they get fined - say EUR 15'000 or equivalent - and you report the matter to the police. In Ireland if you get libeled, it often turns into a big money opportunity for lawyers and sometimes the plaintiff, like whiplash in car accidents. Fake law.

The Angles (Anglos) and Saxons have been in power for many centuries in GB, yet they approve laws in French rather than German or English! When Trump was in Taormina for the G-7 last week he spoke in French to every leader except May - to whom he spoke in English. The French, and Canadian Taoisigh are native French speakers - add in Tump, and French was the majority language. The Japanese and similar couldn't care less. They had translators, and any Japanese person I have come across in France has spoken to me in French, not English. Asians are very good at languages, and I have yet to come across a racist Asian.
    What on earth are you rambling on about? :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

Thread closed. OP, I might suggest that you gather your thoughts and make a coherent political issue that you want to discuss. The queues in the airport, a potted history of the plantagenet kings and the philosophical underpinnings of terrorism are not really relevant to the specific political issue of Ireland-UK cooperation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement