Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Does a Pajero Junior qualify for classic insurance?

Options
  • 20-05-2017 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hi, I recently bought a pajero Junior to use as a local runabout, I was talking to a guy I was getting some parts from and he reckoned I can get classic insurance on these or was he talking out his !!!!! .
    Anyone have any info on this ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

What year is the Pajero?

It's unlikely. If you have another modern car you can sometimes get a classic policy on a car 20 years old if the insurance company agrees it's unusual or *classic* enough.

I suspect an old Pajero might not pass muster... and in fact might be nightmare to try and insure normally, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Pajero Jr is a small jeep, a bit smaller than a Suzuki Jimny. I don't think insurers are falling over themselves handing out classic policies on 90s JDM cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

Have a look at the IVETA website...I believe they offer third party policies on some jeeps / vehicles over 15 (or 20?) years of age.

Failing that ring First Ireland and/or Autoline, who may be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭jimbooth

Yeah, was just wondering , it's the junior, 1.1, '97 ,I'll ring around and see what they say

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

jimbooth wrote: »
    Yeah, was just wondering , it's the junior, 1.1, '97 ,I'll ring around and see what they say
    You shouldn't have a problem getting classic ins on a 97 pajero provided you have a current policy on your daily drive.
    Give Campion Sparrow Ins a call in Portlaois 0578622100
    I have 95 Pajero mini on classic ins with them for the last 6 years

• Advertisement

salysol wrote: »
    You shouldn't have a problem getting classic ins on a 97 pajero provided you have a current policy on your daily drive.
    Give Campion Sparrow Ins a call in Portlaois 0578622100
    I have 95 Pajero mini on classic ins with them for the last 6 years

As a matter of interest, did they offer you comp or third party only?
    Is it 'jeep insurance' or a standard classic insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

It's classic t p f t or t p only give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Wondering did you ever give them a shout re classic insurance? Looking at Pajero Juniors recently as a runaround and would be interested to know. Might just call later also - came across this thread after Googling the topic!

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Wondering did you ever give them a shout re classic insurance? Looking at Pajero Juniors recently as a runaround and would be interested to know. Might just call later also - came across this thread after Googling the topic!

Let us know how you get on with them plz..:)

Advertisement