Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Black screen

• 19-05-2017 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Ok this my issues. As simple as I can put it.

1. Laptop is not working. Black screen. Happened after leaving laptop on all night by accident.

2. Rebooted it this mornign as it was frozen. Went to screen. Screen has Samsung logo. Under this is "preparing automatic repair". Then spinning clockwise circle. Last 30 seconds. Then goes to black screen. No cursor. Nothing.

3. Tried to look it up. Couldn't find exact issue. All shortcuts and efforts to fez, reboot, get anything else to happen up to now have not worked. Can't get into safe mode. Can't seem to do anything.

So can anyone help me or know of something I can try or what I should do? Obviously I would like to fix it at home if I could do it myself rather than bringin it to someone?

If someone out there can give me advice would be hugely appreciated.

Any questions needed for clarification please ask and I'll do my best to answer them

Many thanks,

Jack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭mrtom

Ok this my issues. As simple as I can put it.

1. Laptop is not working. Black screen. Happened after leaving laptop on all night by accident.

2. Rebooted it this mornign as it was frozen. Went to screen. Screen has Samsung logo. Under this is "preparing automatic repair". Then spinning clockwise circle. Last 30 seconds. Then goes to black screen. No cursor. Nothing.

3. Tried to look it up. Couldn't find exact issue. All shortcuts and efforts to fez, reboot, get anything else to happen up to now have not worked. Can't get into safe mode. Can't seem to do anything.

So can anyone help me or know of something I can try or what I should do? Obviously I would like to fix it at home if I could do it myself rather than bringin it to someone?

If someone out there can give me advice would be hugely appreciated.

Any questions needed for clarification please ask and I'll do my best to answer them

Many thanks,

Jack
    For starters,try including make & model & OS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Have you taken the battery out, waited and then tried to power it on again?

Sounds a bit mad, but might work!

But yeah: make, model and OS would be great to know too.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

mrtom wrote: »
    For starters,try including make & model & OS

Samsung
    Windows 10
    Model NP355E7C

me_irl wrote: »
    Have you taken the battery out, waited and then tried to power it on again?

Sounds a bit mad, but might work!

But yeah: make, model and OS would be great to know too.

Tried that, but to no avail.

Samsung NP355E7C, Windows 10.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Get a 4GB USB drive, give it to someone with Windows 10 and get them to create a recovery drive. Make sure they include the system files, and then you'll be able to reinstall windows.

You'll probably lose data though, so this option is for last resort only (unless, of course, you back everything up to Onedrive or some other cloud provider).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Have you tried starting it in safe mode and see does it open that way

Have you tried starting it in safe mode and see does it open that way

No its worse than that. Seems to be a hardware problem maybe the motherboard. My friend looked at it he's a computer programmer said it looked ****ed.

Anyway I'll bring it to a shop to get a second opinion. Do you have any place that is decent and reasonable in price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

My friend looked at it he's a computer programmer said it looked ****ed.

Good technical details there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭mrtom

d31b0y wrote: »
    Good technical details there :pac:
    Any particular shade of black? :D

Advertisement