Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadside breathalyser printout

Options
  • 08-05-2017 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I read on CitizensInformsation.ie the following:

"Similarly, if you provide a sample of your breath the intoxilyser machine will give two immediate print outs of the level of alcohol in your breath. You will be offered a choice of either read-out to retain for yourself and the other can be used by the Garda in court as proof that you were above the legal limit."

Just curious for a piece of fiction I'm writing: does the roadside breath test result in print-outs even in cases where you haven't exceeded the limit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xavier8228

The intoxilyser machine (or the evidenser machine at it now known) is the machine in the Garda station that gives the exact amount of alcohol in a persons breath. The draeger device is used on the road side and does not give a printout. It just gives pass or fail on the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭AnMuinteoirOg

Hi folks,

I read on CitizensInformsation.ie the following:

"Similarly, if you provide a sample of your breath the intoxilyser machine will give two immediate print outs of the level of alcohol in your breath. You will be offered a choice of either read-out to retain for yourself and the other can be used by the Garda in court as proof that you were above the legal limit."

Just curious for a piece of fiction I'm writing: does the roadside breath test result in print-outs even in cases where you haven't exceeded the limit?

The results of the roadside breathalyzer only comes up on the screen of the device and its either PASS or FAIL. What that legislation is talking about is the test back at the station if you fail the breathalyzer. This will print off two receipts of the test no matter the result which show the actual concentration of alcohol in the blood. One receipt goes to the offender and the Garda keeps the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

ok, thanks folks

Advertisement