Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess The Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

#9 Is indeed Final Fantasy 7 as #10 is Darkest Dungeon

#1 - Blast your way through apartment blocks putting to death the undead (PC only game where you play as death himself in a suit killing all kinds of Undead Mafia groups)

#4 - Play as the bad guys in a bid to claim the last remaining free province of a continent for your Emperor (PC only game with isometric camera view where you control a party of 4)

#6 - Save the girl with a very unconventional weapon all in a fantasy medieval setting (2D sidescroller with pixel art)

#4 Magicka?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

#6 - Save the girl with a very unconventional weapon all in a fantasy medieval setting (2D sidescroller with pixel art)

Shovel Knight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

#4 - Play as the bad guys in a bid to claim the last remaining free province of a continent for your Emperor (PC only game with isometric camera view where you control a party of 4)

Tyranny?

Yep. Tyranny is number 4 and Shovel Knight is number 6. Rather than let this go on too long, Deadbolt is number 1. Highly recommend it. Tactical style action game with great soundtrack too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,511 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I don't see any in play right now so here's one,

A deposed royal has kidnapped a young woman and imprisoned her in his castle. Our lone hero must start in the basement and work his way up to the tower to rescue her but he'd better be quick
    Clue, the game is set in the present (relative to the games original release date) and the hero uses only one (modern) weapon throughout the whole game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Final Fantasy 9 ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,511 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

No

Clue #2
    This was the first in a series of games. A port of this game had a spin off story set in a hotel that was a front for some nefarious activities

I don't see any in play right now so here's one,

A deposed royal has kidnapped a young woman and imprisoned her in his castle. Our lone hero must start in the basement and work his way up to the tower to rescue her but he'd better be quick
    Clue, the game is set in the present (relative to the games original release date) and the hero uses only one (modern) weapon throughout the whole game.

That could definitely be the original Prince of Persia

Not PoP.

In case it's not clear I should point out that clue #1 and clue #2 both relate to this game, they're not 2 different games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Think we're gona need another clue, Ten of Swords.

I'm glad this thread isn't dead, I actually really like it :)

OK given how much time has passed on this one it's going to be a complete anticlimax when the answer is guessed or revealed so I'll put up one more clue as requested and if nobody gets it I'll put up the answer later on so we can move the thread on.

To recap,

Clue #1
    The game is set in the present (per the games original release date) and the hero uses only one (modern) weapon throughout the whole game.

Clue #2
    This was the first in a series of games. A port of this game had a spin off story set in a hotel that was a front for some nefarious activities.

Clue #3
    The hero is called Richard and the girl is called Rachel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Is it Time Crisis?

Is it Time Crisis?

Yep, well done :)

Damn, Time Crisis with the lightgun was the first game i got on the PSX. A game that beforehand i actually went into Dublin city centre to play every week or so in Dr Quirkey. I played the hell out of it on the PSX and still don't recognize any of the storyline after reading your post :pac::pac::pac:

Listen to the storyline? Nah gotta shoot things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I used to play Time Crisis 3 in the arcade in Galway. last year i tracked down a CRT tv so i could play it on the PS2. great games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

#1: Sentient sword and flying anthropomorphic animal help you recover your memories
    Hint 1: You, too, are anthropomorphic

Dust: An Elysian Tale - YouSavedMyLife

#2: Masked Mexican wrestler traverses worlds to save girl
    Guacamelee - kunst nugget

#3: Two eggheads shoot everything to be the best
    Hint 1: It's the same gameplay over and over with different "challenges"

Point Blank - YouSavedMyLife

#4: A cross between the difficulty of the worlds hardest game and a PS2 exclusive that was beautiful, played top down
    Titan Souls - kunst nugget

#5: Disney looking game with Polynesian main character and God of War levels of violence, PS2 exclusive
    The Mark of Kri - kunst nugget

#6: Run DMC provide the backing for insane tricks and crazy characters
    SSX Tricky! - Penn

#7: Blow up monsters and mummies in Ancient Egyptian based FPS
    Hint 1: Very like Doom

Exhumed - YouSavedMyLife

#8: Dance your way through wacky characters each with their own track and style
    Hint 1: The final boss is massive

Bust-a-Groove - Penn

#9: Play as a parapsychology researcher who tries to uncover his past and ties to the Government
    Hint 1: Made by the same company who has the best local multiplayer with wacky characters

Second Sight - Gunmonkey

#10: Play a seductive queen who reaps revenge by waiting patiently, and manually clean up the left-overs
    Hint 1: You set up before starting each level

#6 Tony Hawk Pro Skater?

#7 Serious Sam?

#8 Parappa the Rapper?

I think these are from a console era that I missed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

#2: Gaucamelee?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

#1: Sentient sword and flying anthropomorphic animal help you recover your memories
    Horizon Zero Dawn

Guacamelee

Hitman?

Immortal Redneck

• Advertisement

#4: Titan Souls?

#5 The Mark of Kri?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

#6: Run DMC provide the backing for insane tricks and crazy characters

SSX Tricky

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

9. Alan Wake?

#6 Tony Hawk Pro Skater?

#7 Serious Sam?

#8 Parappa the Rapper?

I think these are from a console era that I missed..

I think you did. Mostly PS1 games!
    #2: Gaucamelee?

Yup!
    eddhorse wrote: »
    Horizon Zero Dawn

Guacamelee

Hitman?

Immortal Redneck

Right on Guacamelee
    #4: Titan Souls?

Yup!
    #5 The Mark of Kri?

Thought that would have taken longer! Nice!
    Penn wrote: »
    SSX Tricky

Yup!
    Skerries wrote: »
    9. Alan Wake?

Nope!

Hint 1: You, too, are anthropomorphic

Hint 1: It's the same gameplay over and over with different "challenges"

Hint 1: Very like Doom

#9: Play as a parapsychology researcher who tries to uncover his past and ties to the Government
    Hint 1: Made by the same company who has the best local multiplayer with wacky characters

#10: Play a seductive queen who reaps revenge by waiting patiently, and manually clean up the left-overs

This one was driving me insane because I knew I played it. Bust-a-Groove!

Penn wrote: »
    This one was driving me insane because I knew I played it. Bust-a-Groove!

Great game! "I will never ever go away...." Kitty M - Choon!

Dust (Only actually played an hour or so of it)

Point Blank

Exhumed? I think thats how its spelled

Parappa the Rappa?

Great game! "I will never ever go away...." Kitty M - Choon!

I only had the demo but played it to death and got really good at it. Then my cousin got the full game and I was sh*t at every other level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Second Sight? And the wacky, MP game is prob Timesplitters.

Maybe one of the Deception games? Nightmare Princess or the likes.

Advertisement