Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1509 still waiting on vetting etc

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

blueboat wrote: »
    PCWannabe wrote: »
    What are they saying when you speak to them? There has to be some sort of explanation.
    either its "processing" or "ongoing" and then they just say they can't put a timescale on it as everyone differs, which is fair enough but there's literally no reason why mine shouldn't be passed. I've no tattoos, convictions, credit was good enough to get a mortgage, currently married to a serving PC.
    I feel your pain PCWannabe. I hope it get's cleared soon for you. The process is a shambles and my PCA is expiring next month too with extension. I've a wedding in the Summer and if i'm lucky enough to get the call I've resigned myself to at best have one day off for it and a honeymoon next year.
    There's a hell of a lot of input from candidates from start to finish, it's so frustrating. Really do have my fingers crossed for you.
    Thanks so much for your nice reply. Fingers crossed we both get calls next!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Thanks so much for your nice reply. Fingers crossed we both get calls next!

I hope you both get sorted soon, its an awful thing to have come this far and feel it slipping away again. All the best for your weddings toooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

I hope you both get sorted soon, its an awful thing to have come this far and feel it slipping away again. All the best for your weddings toooooo!
    Thanks so much Bunsen. My wedding is now over, old married woman now haha. It was a great day but fancy being able to book a honeymoon soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Thanks so much Bunsen. My wedding is now over, old married woman now haha. It was a great day but fancy being able to book a honeymoon soon!

Awk hope so buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MayDupname

Has anyone contacted recruitment to see if there vetting has cleared yet? I haven’t bothered yet as I know it’s still quite early, plus my medical is a few weeks away yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

MayDupname wrote: »
    Has anyone contacted recruitment to see if there vetting has cleared yet? I haven’t bothered yet as I know it’s still quite early, plus my medical is a few weeks away yet.

I did recently and it wasn't cleared yet. Will try again before medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pumba91

I contacted them last week after my medical and they replied saying I had passed the vetting checks…assuming that means everything but for some reason there's still a part of me not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

I contacted them just after my medical was passed also and was told my vetting had been completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MayDupname

Just to be clear, like myself, you’re all in the 55-60 bracket that sent vetting papers back ~ 2 months ago? They seem to be getting through the vetting pretty quickly then!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pumba91

Yeah middle of Feb I returned the forms, medical only done last week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ColourArcade

I'm just off the phone with recruitment and they confirmed that I passed my vetting :) . My medical is in the next few weeks. You've no idea how relieved I am.

Just for everyone saying I was in the 55-60 bracket also and returned my forms roughly about Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭letsdoit2013

That is a very quick turn around guys !

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

They don't really have any choice other than to turn them around quickly as the sub 60 scorers will likely be in the September/October intakes.

Anyways, final nail in the coffin of the myth that you need to pass your medical/SMT to pass vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kalel90

Hi

Can anyone post the number to contact for vetting/recruitment please?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

101 then ask for recruitment . I just called but no luck yet, said more coming through next week

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

More vetting passes or more dates for medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Drummer64

More vetting passes next week she said

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kalel90

Cheers Drummer64, still on going. Passed medical last week so hoping vetting isn't too much longer and can get the ball rolling a bit!

Advertisement