Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

1509 still waiting on vetting etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Trainee bob

Long and painful wait ,waiting on a pca date arrrgggghhh

Anybody any further forward with pca? And was the last email.yous received a confirmation of online learning

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Johannes_Cabal

Anybody any further forward with pca? And was the last email.yous received a confirmation of online learning

The batch I'm in (upper end of 55-60 bracket) are up for PCA quite soon, so I imagine if they want to keep things flowing you'll hear soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

The batch I'm in (upper end of 55-60 bracket) are up for PCA quite soon, so I imagine if they want to keep things flowing you'll hear soon enough.

Good luck for PCA! Hope you get it and get into the waiting room soon!!

Good luck for PCA! Hope you get it and get into the waiting room soon!!

Thanks, me too! I'm a little apprehensive as over the past few months my fitness training has taken a backseat although the past few weeks I've been hitting it hard so hopefully it's enough to pass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Timetravel

Thanks, me too! I'm a little apprehensive as over the past few months my fitness training has taken a backseat although the past few weeks I've been hitting it hard so hopefully it's enough to pass.

Same story here JC, hoping the big dose of adrenaline will push me through it lol

It was defo the nerves got me on my first test, I thought my chest was collapsing! Try to keep calm, positive and give it your all! Its 4 mins that can possible change your life!

Thanks very much,when did u receive a pca date? Waiting patiently

Thanks very much,when did u receive a pca date? Waiting patiently

Can't remember exactly but was a few weeks ago.

Early days yet, but with some of us in this batch having the PCA out of the way has anyone contacted recruitment to see if their vetting is cleared?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

What has it been now two months? Bound to have cleared a few by now.

Was thinking the other day about the proposed idea for the next recruitment campaign were they hope to have people through the entire process in 6 months, that would mean clearing peoples vetting in 2/3 months max...

I was thinking theres probably not too many left from the batch before us now so if calls start going out for under 60 in an intake or two having vetting passed could be a big advantage. Might wait until medical is done before contacting although haven't noticed anything come up on experian. If they got it under 12 months they would be doing well. If I remember right the first squad of 1509 probably would have been in around 12 months without the hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Pumba91

Doubt vetting could be cleared yet as as far as I'm aware the drugs test is part of vetting and I doubt anyone in this batch is that far along yet.

That being said…anyone have a medical date yet??

Also anyone heard anything back from vetting??

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

Pumba91 wrote: »
    Doubt vetting could be cleared yet as as far as I'm aware the drugs test is part of vetting and I doubt anyone in this batch is that far along yet.

That being said…anyone have a medical date yet??

Also anyone heard anything back from vetting??
    Drugs test isn't part of vetting. It's part of the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭rlwni

Atleast yous have the PCA done, I'm still waitinf. Zero morivation, this process is draining lol

rlwni wrote: »
    Atleast yous have the PCA done, I'm still waitinf. Zero morivation, this process is draining lol

They're probably just spacing it out a bit so that they don't have loads of people with PCAs expiring at the same time. Once you have a date it comes up quickly so get at the training lol

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭rlwni

Timetravel wrote: »
    rlwni wrote: »

They're probably just spacing it out a bit so that they don't have loads of people with PCAs expiring at the same time. Once you have a date it comes up quickly so get at the training lol

My grammar in that is atrocious.. A little friday drink went to my head lol. Yea timetravel I know.. It's just hard to get in the mindset, I'll get there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kalel90

Hi,

Anyone that has had their PCA done a few weeks ago and has a scheduled medical know if their vettings passed yet? Or still a bit early?

Kalel90 wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone that has had their PCA done a few weeks ago and has a scheduled medical know if their vettings passed yet? Or still a bit early?

Haven't checked mine yet but I was reading the forum yesterday and it looks like the vetting can be completed before the drug testing even though it is still part of vetting. So maybe worth a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kalel90

Thanks, i will give them a ring next week with some luck hopefully all has gone smooth.

• Advertisement

Anyone at least been credit checked yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭PCWannabe

Not a thing has been done on my vetting (credit check, referees contacted) and my forms were sent back last summer! People currently in GV with a lower assessment day score than me. Furious doesn't come close to describe how I'm feeling. I've no criminal convictions either so literally no reason I can think as to why it's taking so long. Feels like I've wasted almost 2 years of my life and a ton of money ensuring that I was fit enough to pass PCA and every other stage to be let down by the vetting dept.

PCWannabe wrote: »
    Not a thing has been done on my vetting (credit check, referees contacted) and my forms were sent back last summer! People currently in GV with a lower assessment day score than me. Furious doesn't come close to describe how I'm feeling. I've no criminal convictions either so literally no reason I can think as to why it's taking so long. Feels like I've wasted almost 2 years of my life and a ton of money ensuring that I was fit enough to pass PCA and every other stage to be let down by the vetting dept.

That's awful! How did you find out? What are they gona do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

My referees weren't checked and there was no credit check so don't read too much into that.

Vetting is one the parts we are powerless to affect. Hang in there; people have waited 12+ months with no particular reason.
    Just keep in contact with recruitment :)

I know you probably know this but having read back through every page of the vetting thread 9-12 month vetting periods used to be the norm for lots of candidates.

That said, it would drive me insane seeing other below me getting in first and id likely be pestering them for answers too.

I know you probably know this but having read back through every page of the vetting thread 9-12 month vetting periods used to be the norm for lots of candidates.

That said, it would drive me insane seeing other below me getting in first and id likely be pestering them for answers too.
    its very frustrating as I've held that level of clearance before and it took less than a month for it to come back.  Its giving me some hope that it was the norm and there have been/is others in my predicament however if I don't get a call for the next intake that's my PCA and medical expired (even with the 4 month extension) and I'm not putting myself through the stress of redoing the PCA so will be withdrawing from the process. 
    I've put a lot of my life on hold for his (as have most) but  changing my wedding date and holding off for an indefinite period for my honeymoon is a step too far for me and I think its unreasonable for recruitment to expect that from people.  I taken as much as I can with this complete shambles of a process.  So many people have told me "its a test of your patience" and "if you can't wait/redo your PCA then maybe the job isn't for you." Perhaps those people are correct. Its a shame.

sorry for ranting.  I have tried for so long to remain positive about it :(.

What are they saying when you speak to them? There has to be some sort of explanation.

What are they saying when you speak to them? There has to be some sort of explanation.
    either its "processing" or "ongoing" and then they just say they can't put a timescale on it as everyone differs, which is fair enough but there's literally no reason why mine shouldn't be passed. I've no tattoos, convictions, credit was good enough to get a mortgage, currently married to a serving PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

PCWannabe wrote: »
    either its "processing" or "ongoing" and then they just say they can't put a timescale on it as everyone differs, which is fair enough but there's literally no reason why mine shouldn't be passed. I've no tattoos, convictions, credit was good enough to get a mortgage, currently married to a serving PC.
    I feel your pain PCWannabe. I hope it get's cleared soon for you. The process is a shambles and my PCA is expiring next month too with extension. I've a wedding in the Summer and if i'm lucky enough to get the call I've resigned myself to at best have one day off for it and a honeymoon next year.
    There's a hell of a lot of input from candidates from start to finish, it's so frustrating. Really do have my fingers crossed for you.

Advertisement