Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2017: Round 4 - Russia Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,626 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Stewards confirmed Grosjean & Palmer racing incident, no further action.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Mmm...zero overtakes race if I haven't missed some in the middle of the group? Although this track is quite cr@p anyway (as most of the new ones are).

Great for Bottas, I have a feeling this win is mostly his own doing, he's always been on fire on this track - Mercedes wasn't really anywhere in Sochi, the car was nervous with the rear end all over the place.

Mmm...zero overtakes race if I haven't missed some in the middle of the group? Although this track is quite cr@p

Well except for Bottas getting by Kimi and Vettel at the beginning otherwise ye I think that was it. Alonso was badly missed.

As for the track I like it its not the worst and there has been some good races there like the one in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭Harika

They would need a Mega-Soft Tyre to have strategical options

• Registered Users Posts: 11,827 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Harika wrote: »

Or maybe Kitten Soft? ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Harika wrote: »

Or bring back refuelling...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Palmer: "For f*ck sake Romain"

Croft: "Was that Palmer admitting responsibility for the accident?"

Not to mention his bull****ting about reverse grids and blue flags as usual. I wish they would put Brundle commentating with someone semi coherent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

v3ttel wrote: »
    Palmer: "For f*ck sake Romain"

Croft: "Was that Palmer admitting responsibility for the accident?"

Not to mention his bull****ting about reverse grids and blue flags as usual. I wish they would put Brundle commentating with someone semi coherent.

I now mute the start of races.

Sick to death of "it's lights out and away we go"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Do you guys not have access to channel 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

I absolutely hate Sky's F1 coverage, from "Crofty" to Di Restas fanny pad, and especially Johnny Herbert.

And I love Channel 4's coverage. Thank Christ it is the free to air one.

Do you guys not have access to channel 4?

Yeah, never watch it though. do they take breaks during the race like ITV used to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

No, they take several breaks before and after the race, but never during unless there's been a red flag.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

I've access to both, if the race is live on C4 I watch it there. If not, I've no choice but to settle for Sky. Glad I didn't have to suffer them after Hamilton's bad day at the office, can only imagine how insufferable Ted was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

KC161 wrote: »
    I now mute the start of races.

Sick to death of "it's lights out and away we go"

Is that not Ben Edwards saying?
    Or do they both use it?

Is that not Ben Edwards saying?
    Or do they both use it?

David Croft uses it religiously.

I've never watched a race with Ben Edwards as commentator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

David Croft uses it religiously.

To be honest I always thought it was a Ben Edwards thing, 'lights out and away we go', like Murray Walker and 'GO GO GO'.
    Funny the two of them using the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,960 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Crofty says "It's Lights out and away we go"
    Ben Edwards say "Lights out, Away we go"
    Yeah not a huge difference in start catch phrases but to be fair Edwards has been at it since the mid 90s so he has that going for him.
    Thankfully, there's eirSport as well which gives us a stripped down live coverage using Channel 4s production team as well so it's nice to have that alternative.

To be honest I always thought it was a Ben Edwards thing, 'lights out and away we go', like Murray Walker and 'GO GO GO'.
    Funny the two of them using the same.

He used a variety, only way to be.

Croft thinks he is the bees knees, in truth i rank him alongside the likes of Peter Collins :pac:

Romain-Grosjean-Jolyon-Palmer-GP-Russland-2017-fotoshowBig-69f01260-1068747.jpg

Grosjean moaning about his air brakes ? :D

skipper_G wrote: »
    Grosjean moaning about his air brakes ? :D

He's had a disappointing start to the season so far this year. In the first four races of this season, he only scored 4 points compared to last year when he scored 22 points in the first four races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I think Haas had a bit of a lucky start last year, and a bit of an unlucky start this year. The car is probably only worth 1-2 points a race compared to the field.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

That picture looks like computer graphics!

Well you should. Ben is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Just watched the race this evening. (GLR on race day.) the only thing wrong with that race was the track. Great win for Bottas.

I am blaming the track because the midfield battles never transpired as they had in the previous races. The cars were all there and running close just always seemed to suit the guy in front . Was the start finish just too long something any thing for an over take . Hopefully Spain can give some of that back. Hopefully

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Well you should. Ben is very good.

I think it was the 1997 F1 season review that was voiced over by Edwards, that was quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I think it was the 1997 F1 season review that was voiced over by Edwards, that was quite good.

Did you jump to Sky when Brundle moved? That's nuts you haven't watched a single Edwards/DC show since then.

Did you jump to Sky when Brundle moved? That's nuts you haven't watched a single Edwards/DC show since then.

Funny that you mention that. i moved into my new house in February 2012.

Sky F1 started the following month so i said i may as well give myself one luxury as the wife took everything else :pac:

But yeah, when Brundle switched so did i.

Without using google, i don't even know what Edwards looks like.

I wasn't keen on DC alongside Brundle in 2011, just like i'm not keen on Di Resta or Johnny Herbert now.

Mark Blundell wasn't bad in the ITV days, for a man who was finished with F1 before he had even turned 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Super race for Force India again. 4 DOUBLE POINTS finishes in a row baby. Do you like it?!
    To be fair that's a great result.

I wonder where the car fits in the rankings. Both Williams and Renault are fighting with one hand tied behind their backs with Stroll and Palmer crashing and spinnng at every opportunity. FI is doing a great job capitalising on the lack of competition.

Williams should probably be ahead of FI, but they're not. Says a lot for Perez and Ocon as a driver pairing

To be fair that's a great result.

I wonder where the car fits in the rankings. Both Williams and Renault are fighting with one hand tied behind their backs with Stroll and Palmer crashing and spinnng at every opportunity. FI is doing a great job capitalising on the lack of competition.

Williams should probably be ahead of FI, but they're not. Says a lot for Perez and Ocon as a driver pairing

On paper the car is probably behind Williams & Renault, she's a bit on the heavy side and fighting some correlation issues from the wind tunnel to boot. As you say, if the other teams had 2 drivers worth their salt it may not be as positive a position for them but they make the best of what they have.

Perez is a model of consistency, been in the points for 14 races in a row. Ocon has settled in very well also. I think it's a strong pairing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

On paper the car is probably behind Williams & Renault, she's a bit on the heavy side and fighting some correlation issues from the wind tunnel to boot. As you say, if the other teams had 2 drivers worth their salt it may not be as positive a position for them but they make the best of what they have.

Perez is a model of consistency, been in the points for 14 races in a row. Ocon has settled in very well also. I think it's a strong pairing.

Is FI planning a major mid season update to address the weight? They do that some years. Red bull is getting an update in Barcelona.

Advertisement