Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Francis Fitzgerald and terrorism

• 14-07-2016 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

I am always very interested when Islamic terrorism hits the Irish headlines, from the Ali Charaf Damache arrest for running a waterford terror cell who got let free here even after a plot to murder a journalist in 2010

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/jihad-jane-terror-comrade-irish-courts-failed-to-extradite-to-us-arrested-in-spain-34279057.html

to khalid kellys movie which clearly shows him going to join al-qaeda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpmCHHxvH7M

To the various high profile radical muslim clerics who are allowed to come in and out of the country.

Today I read a report by a "Cyber Security Expert " who clearly identifies about 100 facebook accounts of nutters around the country clearly seen with guns doing crazy stuff like beating up kids with shovels.

Has our minister for justice got a clue in regards to this threat or are we sitting ducks? Should the public be aware of this so they can like report stuff to the gaurds?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

utmbuilder wrote: »

Today I read a report by a "Cyber Security Expert " who clearly identifies about 100 facebook accounts of nutters around the country clearly seen with guns doing crazy stuff like beating up kids with shovels.

Have you a link to that report?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

utmbuilder wrote: »
    a waterford terror cell
    Looks like Garda surveillance is finally getting some results...
    A 25-year-old man has been charged in Waterford with funding Islamic terrorism.
    Hassan Bal was remanded in custody after he was charged with two terrorist related offences following an 18-month Garda investigation into Irish links with international Islamic terrorism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

recedite wrote: »
    Looks like Garda surveillance is finally getting some results...

I wonder where he would be kept? Surely he wouldn't last long in prison amongst the general population?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I doubt the ordinary Irish prison skanger has much interest in what is happening in Syria, or who is funding who over there. Paedophiles and politicians are the ones more likely to need separate prison accomadation.

That could all change in the future though; if we experience some sort of attack as has become common in some other EU countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

recedite wrote: »
    I doubt the ordinary Irish prison skanger has much interest in what is happening in Syria, or who is funding who over there. Paedophiles and politicians are the ones more likely to need separate prison accomadation.

That could all change in the future though; if we experience some sort of attack as has become common in some other EU countries.

Irish politicians are more worried about what their pension will deliver after retirement than looking after Ireland. It's all short sighted stuff, I cant understand how the disenfranchised fell for the Barrett/ Murphy upper class muppets. If they had of done their research, they would have learned that these two have nothing in common with them. Every down and out I know votes for these idiots.

I can't understand it? When you point out that Paul Murphy has paid his water charges to move to a bigger house, people get animated and try to defend it. GTFO

• Advertisement
Advertisement