Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinks cabinet

Options
  • 26-04-2017 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭

Evening,

Im in the process of building an extension onto my house. It will be an R&R room really, couch / tv etc. However I'd love top get a drinks cabinet in there too. Nothing huge, just something to display a few bottles of scotch and hold some glasses etc. Maybe some downlights and glass doors (if possible).

Anyone have something they use at home and are happy with and if so where did you get it (Dublin area preferably). I cant really find anything online.

Im also considering getting one made, but that would be last resort.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Just put up some shelving, perhaps have a mirror backdrop ?

Its the bottles that will be the center of attention.

look into Floating shelves..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Yeah that is something to consider alright. Certainly the easier and cheaper option :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Slattsy wrote: »
    Yeah that is something to consider alright. Certainly the easier and cheaper option :)

You can have the shelves installed, and, if down the line you find a cabinet that suits your room, and fits, and you can source it at the right price then you can consider using that.

But for starters.. a shelf(s) with a mirror backdrop

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

What about one of those globe things?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

i put some freestanding shelves together when I couldn't find anything I liked.
    Don't have a mirror or any lights (yet), so its pretty basic but it cost less than €100. Cheap sheet of plywood for the back and woodstained whole lot a nice mahogany colour.
    Suits my needs for now anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement