Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ZV or year?

Options
  • 25-04-2017 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Afternoon, a quick question for you knowledgeable folk...

I'm just about to re-reg my 68 classic. In the past I've mostly gone for 68 D or whatever but now that they're a ridiculous 9 digits I'm thinking of going the ZV route. Anyone have any idea how many digits the ZV plates are at now? (I'm in Dublin btw). I'm assuming it's at 7 digits?? Do they tell you what they're at before you hand over your 200 quid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It's a personal thing really but irrespective of the number of digits I like the ZV plates.

For me the year plates are for 86 onwards vehicles only, and to this day I hate them, they promote such plate snobbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

_Brian wrote: »
    ...For me the year plates are for 86 onwards...
    '87 onwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

gfwd wrote: »
    Afternoon, a quick question for you knowledgeable folk...

I'm just about to re-reg my 68 classic. In the past I've mostly gone for 68 D or whatever but now that they're a ridiculous 9 digits I'm thinking of going the ZV route. Anyone have any idea how many digits the ZV plates are at now? (I'm in Dublin btw). I'm assuming it's at 7 digits?? Do they tell you what they're at before you hand over your 200 quid?

Dublin ZV plates are currently in the 'ZV 11000' range.

Would look much much better than '68-D-120000' imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

ZV all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭gfwd

Thanks all for your input. I went for ZV in the end. I'm not a fan of either but 7 digits is better than 9. ZV 11090!

The ridiculous part of the process was that they wouldn't give me a number on the day. It had to be referred back to Revenue before they could give me the cost (even though we all knew it would be 200). I had to go back 2 days later and wait for an hour to get the job done. Pointless waste of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭Silvera

Good choice. Interestingly your reg isnt listed on cartell.ie as yet.
    Latest is ZV 11085...they must input a batch of plates in one go..perhaps that explains your delay.

Having said that I was also 'delayed' when I went for a Year plate last year (soon to be changed to a ZV plate!) ..if the car isn't on their system, you have to call back to receive the reg number.

As a matter of interest, what day did you have the car inspected and what day did you actually get the reg number?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭gfwd

I had the car inspected on the Sunday and got the call on the Monday to say it would be €200. Went up on Wednesday night at 7 to finalise everything. There was just one person ahead of me in the queue but I was waiting for 50 minutes. Left just after 8.

They seem to be just out the door at the moment. Sunday morning is a good time for inspections I reckon, it's much quieter. They intimated that the reason for not getting my number there and then was the fact the car is a 2 litre.

Advertisement